Grim Misadventure #69: Nemesis

Yes I would believe the chest will always spawn otherwise it wouldn’t be a good idea to keep looking for the Nemesis spawns after killing each one. Considering they will be randomly spawned across all areas where their faction can appear - and that they are a more challenging boss - it does make sense to have a good reward for defeating them. Definitely would suck having a Nemesis spawn with some heroes in a an area with lousy terrain.

I don’t think that achievement is in relation to the Nemesis spawns. I would guess it to be challenge bosses like in Titan Quest which appear in later difficulties (so 4 in Epic difficulty and the other 4 in Ultimate difficulty).

It reminds me famous “Diablo Walks the Earth”. Hope those Nemesises will not be so powerful like uber bosses in D2.

I bet they will be quite powerfull! They are Ultra-bosses and part of the toughest ennemies among Grim Dawn :smiley:

im pure madness… Pure madness. Eh eh eh eh hahahahaha! I will see this nemesis level and raise to over 9000 power level with fevered rage.

when i played the game back to B11 or something like that, i used to consider the faction system like a remote and minor feature (especially regarding additional classes and acts). now that we’re coming close i find the system deep, fun, and with a huge impact on the game.

these Nemesis guys look awesome, i hope we can have a few for each factions ! (also i assume than even when defeated, they will still have a chance to spawn ?)

I can always sum things up nicely with just one picture :stuck_out_tongue:

You are doing an amazing job here, the artwork and ideas are fantastic!

I love it. I don’t think I have played a game where negative faction could be a good thing. Or bad if you aren’t playing a strong build. Sounds like they could end up like Evil Otto in Berzerk if you are playing goofy/experimental build, which could also be fun.

I am really looking forward to B25!

Why no Beasts faction tho?

Because they don’t really act as a faction. They don’t organize for any common cause. They are just creatures.

No plans for this at this time. It’s a reward of sorts for long-term playing.

A Nemesis will always spawn with a chest. They will not spawn every session, so you never know when they’re coming. :eek:

That achievement was actually intended for the monsters that became Nemesis spawns.

Nemesis monsters will respawn in later sessions, even if killed.

Damned. One of our french minister is in fact a super villain !

(

Damned. One of our french minister is in fact a super villain !
Nom d’un petit bonhomme, mais comment ais-je fait pour ne pas m’en rendre compte ?! XD)

True, but it’s still a little strange why killing Beasts gains Homestead rep…especially when the best place (imo) to farm such reputation is in the Barren Highlands.

Interdasting. Can’t wait to see how these guys play out. :smiley:

Not sure why its strange, you are killing things that are bothersome to the citizens of Homestead. Nothing to do with beasts having their own faction.

Best update in a while. Hopefully something comparative is done for the opposite end of the spectrum. Reach top tiered positive faction with a group? Maybe their heroes should be seen rampaging through your nemesis areas.

The nemesis ultra bosses sounds so cool !!

Will there be some sort of screen/area effect ? Something like making the area darker with thunder,rain, lighting or very foggy etc, whenever a ultra-boss appears.

I second that! As well the implementation of a special “boss-fight-music” for that purpose! :slight_smile:

the nemesis chest should have super loot in them, if they are just epics… its not worth it, epics drops everywhere. we need something special for reaching nemsis

Something like a Monster Infrequent item?