Grim Misadventure #69: Nemesis

/10charlimit

That looks cool and it’s sure going to greatly increase the game’s lifespan.

But…

I’m not sure If I’ll really enjoy all the rep grind I’ll have to endure to see all the game’s content. I’ve quit playing MMORPGs entirely because of it, and it really starts looking like it.

Can’t please everyone :wink:

I see the reputation grind as being an automatic part of farming. If you don’t do that either, then it does not matter that you do not see a few bosses.

I don’t think not seeing them qualifies as ‘missing part of the game content’. You see all areas and can get any item (afaik) and never meet a nemesis, much like you won’t meet some of the random heroes by playing through the game once.

Read the misadventure #68, we’ll have a way to reduce the “grinding”.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20876

I am very sure that this game, will write history in the gaming industry.
yep…2015 is the year.

:wink:

Those are for gaining more reputation for Factions - not Infamy as I don’t think there is a way to boost the amount of infamy you get for killing enemy heroes/bosses - besides having more heroes spawn.

In any case we’ll be farming areas anyways as that is what an ARPG is pretty much about. The Faction system just gives you something else to look forward to which you can do while farming.

These NSs (nemesis spawns) looks like they’ll be:

1. Hard as hell. That zombie gave me the chills! (no pun intended)

2. A rare encounter (considering on how their aggro mechanics, difficulty and nemesis chest works).

It would be nice if, whenever you ran into one of these, the game would play a scary sound and the borders of your screen would flash a red/purple, glow, indicating that you’re about to get violated.

Dear god yes! Something tells me at some point in the future factions will go beyond the Nemesis tier :slight_smile:

By the way I have been curious since playing since build 9 or 10, is there still a plan to make the game have the 3 difficulties? I ofcourse hope this is still the case, just that Normal mode (veteran included) seem to offer so much content with like challenges and its been making me wonder if there will be anything special left when going into epic / legendary mode

There will be 3 difficulties and most likely like Titan Quest we’ll have some challenge bosses that appear only on higher difficulties (Hydra, Automoton, Manticore, Dragon Lich).

I definitely hope so, that was a nice addition / surprise

The first time I walked to the palace and saw the giant automaton, I assumed it would spring to life but it did not (normal after all). When I came there on the next difficulty I expected to just walk by, was a nice surprise to see him alive then :wink:

haha well I love the whole nemesis boss stuff! Only wish I am dreaming for is if by legendary mode we could find items that allowed a passage into an unknown dimension / realm with a randomized area to explore and kill off tough enemies. However the faction bounty thing may not be to far off since it talks about going to unknown locations. So gotta wait and see that :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

Any of those at the same time as a Nemesis spawn :cool:

Impressive feature Crate! Just impressive! Really like the back-stories tied to each Nemesis as well :smiley:

Thanks for all your hard effort put into Grim Dawn and determination to set this ARPG apart from the rest

…Iron Lore lives on I say!

Something like a Monster Infrequent item?–i prefer this ultra bosses drop rare powerful receipes for crafting.

They will have a good chance of dropping Mythical Relic blueprints, among other things.

Nemesis, what a nice addition. I wish thoses bosses could run some prefixes/suffixes on Epic and Legendary items too. Or could drop some OP secret materia.

Loving the new mobs and how it works. Also even now I’m still stunned at the amount of features, depth, detail and content you guys keep bringing to the game.

I’d have thought that having been here a couple of years by now I’d be used to the fact that Crate seem incapable of producing what they hint / tease about and always come up with far more expanded content / concepts by the time it comes to view.

I Love it… cheers Crate :smiley:

So Moosilauke is going to be on the scale of Skeletal Monstrosity? Or perhaps ginormousier?

Notice he also has an ice-like blade for one of his arms unlike any other Bone Golem we’ve faced so far. :eek: That alone makes me eager to face him, Zantai if you’re reading this give that icy mofo a Blade Arc skill that freezes us if not avoided PLEASE. :smiley:

You might want to have a “this is what will appear mid-to-late game” infopack when you hand out review copies because the sheer width and breadth of it is mind-boggling to say the least.

I doubt mid-game fatigue will be much of an issue with Grim Dawn.