Grim Misadventure #70: Build 25 Preview

WOW, this GM blew me away from my desk. Love the dot overhaul and everything!

from what i understood:

• up to 4 same dot damages from any source (weapon and skills) are able to stack and deal damage (100%, 50%, 25%, 12.5%)

• its irrelevant which dot gets aplied first because they are sorted in real time by the highest damage value at a time

• different dots in a mix are not among one another affected by this rule. This rule counts for every type of dot itself.

• same skills from different sources (items) stack with each other

But DEE (was this meant with “exeption”?): Does it no longer stack up with itself? Or does it still by 100 % no matter how often i cast and the weapon dot is thrown into second place by 50 percent? Means, lets say, 5 applied DEE dots at still 100% and then the weapon applied poison at 50% for example? It logically reads so at least…

Very nice! So you can specialize on lets say 2 dot types in a build, say burn and bleeding for example or more if you wanted.

Interesting if this could cause in item drops that provide 2 different dot modifiers (…did i ever see such already? mhmm, dunno)

i missread it… i thought Bosses would gain more extra health (bigger health bar) each time they kill the char thats why i wondered about HC SP.

I’ve already read it and it still doesn’t make sense. Is it really that cost ineffective to hire additional guys, when considering the consequence of less time paying someone a monthly wager? I’m guessing you guys are working full time, right? And although I can imagine a designer now and an artist later will definitely help, it’s not exactly groundbreaking. You guys are expecting revenue when the game releases as well I hope? Should be a big amount considering how good the game is. Because it is great.

I’m not trying to bust your balls, but personally I’ve been a loyal customer and playing for over two years now, with allures and allusions of a game being near. Not part of a game, but a complete game. There is no end in sight and in is frustrating. It’s probably because I don’t understand what is taking so long, like I am not educated enough to get it. I’ve been compliant, but with this update I felt it necessary to express my discontent. I know you probably don’t want to hear it, but it’s honestly how I feel.

If I didn’t love the game, I wouldn’t care.

So if I cast DEE on the same guy from the example within the 3 seconds, what does that do to my poison damage

• nothing, it just extends the duration of the already active DEE
  • it comes in at second place, pushing the weapon damage to third place, so it increases it by 100/2 - 45/4
  • something else

Thx for the reply! :)) 45 is ok too, sry that i am too eager, but you know how it goes. :stuck_out_tongue:
BTW can u tell me plz, what will be the max Level cap once the full release is out?

Like, if a player wanna max. out a pure class fully, will there be plenty of points left still for the 2nd Mastery? I hope it’s obvious too, that if one will roll a pure class to be very powerful too, not just combined mastery characters be powerful.

Also will the Legendary items come with Act4?

Interesting stuff. All my level 40s will continue to idle until the level cap so as not to waste the experience gains. I try out the new content with the sub 40 characters for now. The component revisions have me a little nervous. I am hoping the changes do not fubar my favorite builds.

Take your time getting to the finished game. It just keeps getting better and better. Plus all the new content and changes keeps the game fresh. It also keeps people coming back to check out the changes. When the game is done those people that keep coming back will move on to a new game because they will have experienced everything and be bored.

I like this ever going game.

I hope the change doesn’t affect the compleition bonuse of our current components ! Let’s just say I have some good ones :smiley:

i don’t understand the purpose of this

you realize the experience you are ‘wasting’ can be made up for with like, twenty minutes spent killing monsters, right?

I hope not. This would mean every build with only one dot source could end as a dynamic played dot powerbuild if needed. I think DEE stays the only exeption where dots of the same source stack up… right? :o

Great work, I like the new design armors, and I think dual wielding gun needed new animations to make it more natural.

Then a skill like Stun Jacks would be bad forever untill they change it. Only Full Spread have to be maxed in the current state of the game. In fact the flat damage of Full Spread with a good cast spead outperforme the electrocute damage so much that it get ridiculous to even think about putting more than one point into Stun Jacks!

Scope creep tends to delay software.

Stuff being added to the game that wasn’t originally planned:

• Augments
  • Full blown faction system with Nemesis monsters
  • Bounties
  • Devotion System
  • Act 4
  • Act 5

Who knows what else will be added.

I’m not sure if they will have everything done by 2015 either, but to be honest, I’m ok with that. Mainly because I play other games and take breaks from GD when I get burned out.

Hopefully they will deliver a full game by year end. We’ll just have to wait and see.

We all know about the act 4, but act 5?
To me act 5 = expansion :smiley:

mhmm

Isn’t this already the case? Just saying because it has already a quite long cool down and the electrocute damege lasts only for 3 seconds, so a half second more then the cd. I think its more the question how you want to use it, with or without quick jacks… But thats not a new problem to me. MAybe i did not get the point, sorry there. But yes, if it comes to that i think some original attack skills with cd are outruled by their spamable modifier. But there it is again about how you use the skill during gameplay. Maybe i am too much fixated on the spammable option…

last build was slower in terms of performance, any news on that department?

Same as now, the DoT is refreshed if from the same source.

There is a finesse to playing with a spammable DoT skill. You are not meant to be rewarded for spamming the same DoT skill on a target before the DoT expires.

Stacking up several DoT skills/items can now be quite potent though. B25 makes it possible to be a plaguemancer that brings down his enemies with several debilitating diseases, or a soldier that cripples his enemies with various bleeding techniques.

Act 5, say what? Release will come with 4 acts :wink:

B24 saw performance improve for many players, first I hear of performance dropping. That said, optimization is an ongoing effort and B25 is doing more of that by offloading physics calculations from the primary CPU core to extra cores, which should improve performance in battles against many enemies at once.

You can spam the skill if you take the transmuter Quick Jacks which reduce the cooldown by 100%

Well I don’t play anything else and that is likely the problem. I’ve played a thousand hours over the last few years. What is most annoying is the timetable constantly moving. This way they can just endlessly develop the game.

I’ll follow your lead and put it on ice.

Suppose i know that :smiley:

If so, isn’t stun Jacks (with quick Jacks) then already overpowered like hell. I think the damage relies more on the lightning at this point and less on the electrocution. Don’t know why this should result in “underpowered forever” when it obviously not is. :confused:
Quick Jacks was obviously meant to pull out the flat damage (makes sense as a spam and you can see that by the balancing lightning debuff) and not to for the electrocution in first place.

Let’s take this conversationn elsewhere. I think we shouldn’t do this here. pm me if you need to.

I could swear I saw a post on the forums (by a dev) after PAX stating there would be a small Act 5.

Since you’ve replied here that there won’t be, I won’t bother searching the forums for a post that may or may not exist. :slight_smile: