Grim Misadventure #75: Shaman Mastery Pt. 1

Grim Misadventures is back! Today’s update touches upon a highly anticipated feature coming to Grim Dawn. Some savvy forum-goers have already dug up quite a bit, and speculations are running Wild. So without further delays, we would like to officially announce the worst kept secret in Grim Dawn: the sixth and final (for the initial release anyway) Mastery: the Shaman.

You can download the Shaman art wallpapers here

“Hailing from the untamed northlands, Shamans were the spiritual leaders and guardians of their people. Claiming an astounding attunement to the wilds and their patron deity Mogdrogen, Shamans are capable of wielding the terrible forces of nature against their foes or even calling upon savage beasts to come to their aid. Shamans excel in the use of brutal two-handed melee weapons, but can easily adapt to other tools of war when conjuring their primal powers.”

Expert Shaman Build

Shamans are untamed fighters capable of brutal strength and ferocity that would make most men take a step back and reconsider their chances; but that wild side is equally matched by their connection to the skies and the power of lightning storms. Shamans expertly combine the use of two-handed melee weapons with storm powers. Backed by their patron deity, Mogdrogen the Beast God, they fearlessly charge into battle with lightning surging through their fierce weapons, the scorched earth and corpses still reeling from the electricity coursing through them the only sign of their passing.

Below are some of the skills you can look forward to as a devout of Mogdrogen:

Primal Strike
“The first rite undertaken by novice Shamans is to imbue their favored weapon with the raw force of a thunderstorm. Those that survive this critical step become scions to Mogdrogen’s will and guardians of their people.

Primal Strike is a defining two-handed attack for the Shaman mastery. Smite your foes with a vicious overhead strike that calls down lightning upon impact. Modifiers for this skill cause your enemies to bleed profusely and for the lightning to cascade off the initial target and onto nearby foes. The skill’s Transmuter removes the cooldown at a penalty to damage, turning you into a conduit for the skies.

Stinging Swarm
“Conjure a swarm of bloodthirsty insects that tear apart anything they come in contact with.”

Stinging Swarm unleashes a hungering cloud of insects to rip your enemies apart with hundreds of small bites. The more you invest in this power, the more enemies will be affected by each cast. The Modifier for this skill cripples your enemies’ ability to hit you. The skill’s Transmuter causes the swarm to heal you for all the damage it causes in exchange for reduces damage dealt, turning it into a powerful defensive technique.

Nature’s Boon
“Call upon the beast god, Mogdrogen, to bestow nature’s blessing upon you and your nearby allies.”

The Shaman’s strong connection to nature protects her and her allies from harm and bolsters the flow of energy through the body, all while sealing wounds and cleansing poisons. Each of this skill’s modifiers adds additional protective properties.

Upheaval
“Strike with the strength of the earth. Whenever you land a critical strike, the ground shakes with the force of the blow, reverberating around the point of impact in a shockwave.”

Upheaveal embodies the fury and strength of the Shaman, causing the earth to rupture around you with every critical blow from your basic attacks. The resulting shockwave inflicts heavy bleeding and shatters enemy armor.

Building your Shaman:
Players focusing on the Shaman mastery will find themselves with a savage array of lightning-infused powers, untamed storms and hungering minions eager to claw your enemies apart at your command. Shamans excel in melee combat, but can also be suited for a ranged build focused on covering the battlefield with lightning.

Players focused on other masteries would benefit from picking the Shaman for their second mastery if they are looking to focus on two-handed melee combat, lightning damage and additional minions. Hybrid builds can also look forward to class names such as: Warder, Elementalist, Conjurer, Trickster and Druid.

Wondering when you’ll get to try the Shaman for yourself? It’s coming your way later this Summer, with Build 27!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 07/20/2015 for our regular development updates!

Attachment: Primal Strike.jpg
Attachment: Stinging Swarm.jpg
Attachment: Nature’s Boon.jpg
Attachment: Upheaval.jpg
Attachment: Shaman Mastery p1.jpg
Attachment: Skills_ClassSelectedImage06.jpg

Awesome, can’t wait to try it out! The artwork is incredibly badass! Looks like that shaman is quite devoted.

Aloah!
Niiice! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

^^ I hope to see it

This is the mastery for me.

Must. have. it. now!! :smiley:

Great update, the Shaman class looks very interesting i can’t wait to try it out. :smiley:

Shaman in B27? Start the hype train, boys!

very cool. are there ideas to add 2h weapon specific skills such as dual wielding on the nightblade?

Very nice! I foresee two handed builds on the rise, as well as lightning!

This is probably the most “unique” representation of a Shaman on an ARPG I ever saw… A lightning melee/caster/summoner hybrid that is based on two-handed weapons :stuck_out_tongue:

I still can’t get over the name of the mastery, but I’m looking foward to it.

Also, I’m glad the devs have DEFINITELY not TEASED the upcomming DEVOTION FEATURE IN ANY WAY AT ALL!

Awesome!! :smiley:

The skill line on the top indicates yes.

Lightning ! And two-handed lightning to boot, I want some !

Now, if we could just sneak a tiny peek at that intriguing third tab… please ? Pretty please with sugar on top ?

Yeah that big button isnt interesting or conspicuous at all.:eek:

THAT DEVOTION BUTTON IN THE MASTERY WINDOW!
DEVOTION FOR B27 CONFIRMED!
(caps intended)

That’s, like, your opinion, man.

I think this Devotion button was shown several times since months in screenshots.

Zantai always trolled us, that he did not know what Devotion is.

I hope they will release Devotion soon. It will hopefully add to the build diversity.

Zantai, you are late. I waited whole day ;(

I have so much gear ready and waiting for my Shaman. I’ll be posting so many build videos on my channel. Exciting!