Grim Misadventure #83: Your Devoted Questions Answered

Grim Misadventures continues! Last time, we had some really exciting news for you as we finally revealed the details of the upcoming Devotion System. Naturally, this huge reveal has inspired some questions, so today we would like to address just how exactly you will be unlocking, assigning and using the Celestial Powers.

Spending Devotion Points
Whenever you spend a devotion point, you will unlock one of the stars in a Constellation. Unlock them all to complete the Constellation and earn an Affinity Bonus.

Each star provides a passive bonus.

Potential Passive Bonuses You Can Unlock

Unlocking New Constellations
Most of the Constellations in the sky will require some Affinity before you can place points in them, but you will have 16 Constellations to choose from as you begin your celestial journey, which will in turn unlock others.

Filling a Constellation Earns You an Affinity Bonus

Which Can Unlock Other Constellations

Assigning Celestial Powers
The secondary effects are restricted to one per skill, but there is no hard limit on how many you can use at the same time. You could, for example, have a power assigned to a spammable skill, another assigned to a cooldown ability and yet another to a buff. How many powers you unlock is up to you, spend your Devotion Points Wisely!

Power of the Malicious Imp

Selecting a Celestial Power will show you all of the valid skills within your Masteries and Equipment

With recent changes to Devotion, your list of valid skills will also include any skills you earn from your equipment and components. Should you switch out your equipment, the skill assignment will remain, but the secondary effect will no longer be active or gain experience. This opens up exciting new opportunities for equipment-based builds.

Once Assigned, the Celestial Power will trigger off of that skill and earn Experience

Potential Celestial Powers You Can Unlock, Out of 43 Possibilities

You are probably eagerly asking now: but when do I get to try all this out for myself? And the answer is very soon! We would like to get Devotion in your hands as soon as possible so that we can get your feedback and impressions. Devotion is coming in November with the release of Build 28, which is expected to go into internal testing in the near future.

For a final treat, we present all 79 of Grim Dawn’s constellations in one glorious image.

The Full View of the Devotion Window

For a larger view, click the image

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 11/09/2015 for our regular development updates!

Attachment: Locked Constellation.jpg
Attachment: Complete Constellation.jpg
Attachment: Celestial Power.jpg
Attachment: Skill List.jpg
Attachment: Assigned Power.jpg
Attachment: Devotion Screen.jpg
Attachment: Passives.jpg
Attachment: Powers.jpg

Looks incredible. Can’t wait to get my hands on devotion. Will be like rediscovering the game

Aren’t there strict rules against abusing time travel?

Rules were made to be broken :wink:

can’t wait to check the devotion system out!

That 69 aether damage though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I like that it is now possible to assign devotion secondary effects to item skills.This will also be really great for modding purposes !
I believed devotion effects could not trigger from buffs but it seems it is now possible.For example will it be possible to add an effect to Night’s Child ?

Also we finally know that we will be able to play B28 next month !

So hyped. Let’s go!

Do any of these powers or effects have their own animations or special effects?

Grim Dawn, #1 ARPG of all time.

Wishlist:

Multiplayer with server side characters for the untainted multiplayer experience. As soon as modding is open, multiplayer will be filled with edited characters. :cry:

Grim Dawn is the #1 ARPG, hands down… I have remade so many characters on veteran hardcore and it doesn’t get old. I would even suggest a new kickstarter JUST for an awesome multiplayer system.

Please tell me there are plenty celestial powers that will allow me to set even more things on fire, for the glory of Ulzuin!

Is that some sort of cruel “Life is Strange” reference?

The devotion system looks like one massive playground indeed.

Yeah devo’ is coming in November in the b28!

Legendary stuff and up cap level will be in the b28 too?

So much flesh on there here bones.

Can’t wait to feast on Devotion.

Fantastic work, go Crate!

Incredible. but only this? no info for new update? disappointment

Looks wonderful! Give, please soon!

Also any chance of a 1920x1280 image of the constellations for use as wallpaper?

HAND F’N DOWN!!

Zantai - with the release of this GM I am 100 % confident in supporting you guys, by buying the Loyalist edition.

I thought B28 could come today, i’m disappointed:cry:
Then i Wonder if full content still can be déployed at the end of 2015?
Act4, 2 more dificulty, légendary item, end game balancing…Many thing and less than 2 month!
End of this year is a little boring for hack and slash, nothing for POE, nothing on D3 and still waiting for grim dawn.

1920x1280, pfft. I need it in 2560x1600!!

Devotion is gonna be so interesting can’t wait to get my hands on it and try it out myself.

Perhaps if i put on my Praetorian set i could sneak into the testing grounds.:rolleyes: