Grim Misadventure #84: Build 28 Preview

Welcome back to Grim Misadventures. With all this talk of Devotion this and Devotion that, you may be wondering what else is in store for you in our upcoming Build 28. The answer is, as usual, a whole lot of stuff.

Build 28 has entered internal testing last week and we are now in the process of making the necessary adjustments and fixes. Things are progressing smoothly and we are on track to have Devotion in your hands later this month.

So what else is there in the latest of our huge updates? Let’s take a look.

The Opening of Act 4
With Build 28, you will finally be able to venture beyond the Darkvale Gates and meet up with the Black Legion forces stationed at Fort Ikon. Together, you will prepare for the final assault on the Necropolis, but first you will have to deal with some more immediate threats.

Level Cap Increased to 60
With the release of new content, we are once again increasing the level cap. Fine tune your builds and discover new loot as you push the limit of what your characters can do. This level cap also grants you access to the third tier of Relics!

Refined Item Stack Controls
The frustration of dealing with item stacks is no more! We have completely rewritten the code for our item stacking, allowing you to split, combine and move stacks around with ease. No more losing items to the hungering void when you try to combine two stacks that overflow, no more selling a stack of items for the price of one item.

Oh, and did we mention an increased stack size?

The Devotion System
Like, duh, right? But things are always getting better with our latest addition. We have added new Constellations and Celestial Powers, putting the total up to 434 Stars across 82 Constellations with 50 Celestial Powers!

In addition, and this will please the pet and totem builds out there, we have resolved the issue regarding the ability for non-players to trigger Celestial Powers. You will be able to assign many of the available Effects to your summoned companions, even those summoned from equipment skills. The damage dealt by such skills will scale depending on what type of pet it is (ex. if it is a player-scaling pet such as the Shaman’s Storm Totem, the effect will scale with you. If it is assigned to the Occultist’s Hellhound, it will scale with the pet’s damage).

And more…
Our updates have a history of being full of changes, and Build 28 is no exception. You can look forward to an array of improvements, bug fixes, balance changes and more. We are eager to get it all into your hands later this month!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 11/23/2015 for our regular development updates!

I love youuuuu!

Edit: After reading your post, I love you a little less :frowning:

Reading that B28 is coming even later is a huge letdown :frowning:

Splitting, stacking, increased stack size! \o/

Yay my minion army can now proc everything to death for me :slight_smile:

Roll on release, just hope it soon.

OMG…

I don’t even know from where to begin with… like, everything you mentioned is a massive improvement to the game!

The hype is real!

I need b28 now!

Cant wait for it guys.

Also if we get a level cap of 60, just how high is the level cap gonna be on release?

Eye of the Storm Relic, I got my eye on you!

My bet is level 75.

Not gonna be spending a whole lotta time on elite when that drops then

You know I thought devotion was the best thing in b28, until I saw the increased stack size my 15 stack of scrap can finally shrink :D. Also I believe I was ran over by the hype train if anyone knows the license Plate number or if it in fact has one it would be most helpful in my lawsuit :rolleyes: .

Wow, we continue waiting :frowning:

Small update, huge erection!

I think it’s safe to say that the actual cap for the complete game won’t be 75, unless you’re disregarding the three upcomming difficulties, all the side-areas you’re going to explore and the two rogue-like dungeons too.

Oh Gods! Stop teasing us like this!!

Can’t wait for all the goodness that is coming!

Good job as always, Crate!

The levels you can reach right now are inflated of where we expect players to finish on Normal/Veteran. We figured you’d appreciate evolving your characters throughout Early Access though. :wink:

Really good news here! The stacking of components will be easier to manage.
We just have to wait a few more days/ weeks (3 weeks max) before we can play B28 :slight_smile: .
And player that enjoys pet/totem build will be happy (I did not try pet build but totem seems fun).

Awesome! Legendary items too, yes?

So, about the increased stack size… did you increased it for everything else other than Scrap? (I.E, potions, elixirs, crafting mats, etc.)

Yep about that stack size is the new maximum 999 even for potions ?