Grim Misadventure #90: Arkovian Facelift

Grim Misadventures is here. Last time we previewed some of the changes coming your way with Build 31, very likely to be the last big update before Grim Dawn’s release. Nearly every aspect of the game is being touched upon in some way and the changelog is vying for a new record in “Longest Changelog”. The Build itself has just entered preliminary testing as we work out bugs and continue to implement the necessary changes.

We also mentioned that some areas of the world are going to see significant changes, and we showed you a couple views of the Burrwitch Outskirts and the Four Hills in Old Arkovia. Another area that is seeing major revisions is the Arkovian Ruins. We always felt that we could do more with this dungeon set, bring out more of what defines Arkovian society and really distinguish this area as more than just a set of crumbling walls. To that end, our artists have revisited these assets to create something that truly defines Arkovia before its devastating fall to the necromancer’s curse.

Today we would like to show you a few shots of how the changes are turning out:

Old Arkovia

Arkovian Undercity

There is one more thing coming with Build 31 though that should raise a few eyebrows. I won’t go into specifics, but I will leave you with just one image.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 02/22/2016 for our regular development updates!

FIRST!!! /10char

Also, NICE. Very nice.

finally!!! what’s that like a new legendary sword? or higher quality like a mythical sword?

nice thank you!

Wow!!!

Looking forward to the update to AU! And the weapon looks intriguing.

It’s the Devotion System tease all over again. lol

Wow, awesome :open_mouth:

Very impressive rework, I’m so much looking forward to b31, can’t wait to visit all these myself :slight_smile:

I’m going to go out on limb and guess… Continuation of daila’s diary quest and stormheart! That would be an awesome addition to b31

Omfg, it looks so damn good! Definetely a good move to make areas more special and distinct from each other - looks just interesting instead of boring more of the same :smiley:

Grim Dawn as an indie also feels different in its artdesign. There are so many artstyles and designs slightly mixed up. Normaly game developement keeps an artdesign very straight troughout the game. In Grim Dawn you can see that the artists were able to implement their own ideas up to a certain lvl. Something i never experienced that way in a game. And it works out! Different for sure, but it feels good!

Holy crap… look at that amazing statue!!!

Yep… definitely gonna delete all my 25 characters after B31 goes live.

Wow these facelifts look simply amazing!
And nice tease…

>Stormheart

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU------

Also looks amazing. Glad to be returning to Egypt.

This new art is beautiful, I love the statue.

Well that was a disappointing wait. I was hoping for some more information about game functionality improvements. To be honest, superfluous graphics do not rate very high of an interest level (for me ). Finished off with something between a dagger, sword, or maybe a caster off hand.

I wanted preliminary patch notes so badly. :frowning:

Maybe it’s a new weapon for a new class?

Expanding the DT quest-line!?

Ah, now that’s phenomenal. Arkovia is finally getting that sense of grandeur that was always alluded to, yet seemed to be missing.

I’m looking very forward to this.

The statues are excellent ! Also mosaic floor has strong enriching effect. Great work again. Thanks !