Grim Misadventure #95: Secrets of the Three

Welcome back to Grim Misadventures. First, a brief update on the modding tools: we are currently in the final stretch of testing as we work on resolving some new bugs. The modding tools are on track for their release later this month!

Along with the modding tools are coming several fixes to game issues, as well as some tech improvements. Chief among them is a feature that’s been on our wish-list for Devotion for a long time. With v1.0.0.3, you can look forward to a major change to the activation chances of Celestial Powers that allows them to scale with the cooldown of the assigned skill. This means that skills with longer cooldowns (ex. Doombolt) will have up to a 100% chance to trigger a Celestial Power where previously they may have had the same 15% chance of activating as a spammable ability. Overall, a huge boon to builds based around cooldown abilities.

Following the modding tools update, you can look forward to the Hidden Path, which is an upcoming free content update for Grim Dawn, featuring new lore, new bosses and a new dungeon. With this update are also three new Monster Infrequents, four new Epic items and two new Legendary items.

How do you earn these new treasures? By following the path of the three Witch Gods: Bysmiel, Dreeg and Solael. What secrets will you unveil? What knowledge do the Three keep?

Bysmiel

Dreeg

Solael

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 05/02/2016 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Attachment: Legendaries_WitchGod_01.jpg
Attachment: Shrine_Bysimel01.jpg
Attachment: Shrine_Dreeg01.jpg
Attachment: Shrine_Solael01.jpg

My body isn’t ready for all this goodness:D

Looks amazing! Can’t wait to try out the new update :slight_smile:

OMG! this is awesome! I can’t wait!

Holy shit. This changes a lot. Wow. Wow. But I’m guessing some devotions may get needed to incorporate these changes or not? Well if not that’s pretty sweet. I hope if there’s a formula involved you’ll share it. If not then we will just figure out for each one.

Super stoked for this, and the new items and the changes I’m sure you haven’t yet mentioned.

Do you have an eta for 1.0.0.3?

Just enough information to be wanting more!!!

helmets amazing! I love!

So the guy in the Burial Cave, Musty Cellar, or Shrine is not one of these three. Hah!

Also. If it’s not too much to ask, could you make the eye slit of the red helm glow red? Otherwise it just looks like some of the other hooded visors to me + horns.

Totally understand if you’ve already decided against it, just a personal request.

The whole slit could glow red. Or it could be a dimmer red glow compared to the green one. Or it could be two red eyes within the slit. Regardless I think it’d make the helm cooler, but maybe in practice it looks worse than I imagine.

Man i am so excited for the new content update. Those images looking great, mysterious and intriguing. Any rough estimate about a ETA ?

what about new stuff? (items, sets etc)

OMG, the hype is real!

I want these inside of me NOW!

Zantai a question. Mod tools come with enabling steam workshop?

Great changes!
Also it’s good to know that modding tools will still be released this month :).

He pretty clearly states 1.0.0.3 is coming along with the modding tools… :wink:

… Which is super fucking exiting!

Congratz guys for the cd thing with devotion abilities and for new upcoming content. Cannot wait !

Yesssssssssss

Wait…

Is Bysmiel…

That poor tiger is…

OMG :eek:

We all know where your mind is now.

Or it could travel back and forth, from the left to the right, Micheal.

BY YOUR COMMAND!