Grim Misadventure #97: Patch v1.0.0.4 Preview

It’s time for another Grim Misadventure. Modding tools have been out in the wild for a few weeks now, and the first projects are starting to bud in the modding section. For those still getting started, the community tutorials section may be the place to go and ask questions and learn more about how to create the content you are interested in.

Development continues on upcoming official content as well. We are well on the way to finishing the Hidden Path content patch, which is expected to go into testing in the near future. Work is also progressing on a little thing we are tentatively calling Survival Mode, but we’re not quite ready to show that off yet.

Today, we’d like to give you a sampling of some of the changes coming your way in patch v1.0.0.4, which includes the Hidden Path content.

Faction Augments Rebalance
Faction Augments did not evolve dramatically towards the release of Grim Dawn, but the introduction of Ultimate difficulty had a dramatic impact on how players had to gear up and prepare for Grim Dawn’s most challenging difficulty. Also as player levels increased, the value of % damage bonuses was equally diminished. This in turn meant that there were only a few truly valid Augment options, with all too many traps for beginners to make.

We took another look at Augments with v1.0.0.4 and made significant revisions, both to make the offensive options more appealing and to create new choices for defense. In general, this is an all-around buff to Augments which should round out some gaps in your gearing and make choosing what factions to support a little more difficult.

Rare Item Drop Rates
Previously, we updated our loot tables with better drop rates of Epics and Legendaries based on the game difficulty (Normal/Elite/Ultimate), but Rare item drop rates were largely unchanged with the exception of more frequent Champion and Hero spawns. With patch v1.0.0.4, we are looking to amend this by introducing independent loot multipliers based on the game difficulty, meaning more great loot on Elite/Ultimate and less junk.

Monster Infrequent Drops Rates
Monster Infrequents have the potential to roll some really powerful combinations, but that sounds great in theory until you actually try to find one. With patch v1.0.0.4, the drop rates of Monster Infrequents are going up. In addition, the quality of affixes found on Monster Infrequents will be significantly improved. This coupled with the aforementioned change to Rare Affix drop rates should mean finding a decent Monster Infrequent should take much less time.

Celestial Powers
When we originally introduced Devotion, certain skills were restricted from assignment for select Celestial Powers. This was primarily done due to balancing concerns at the time. Having observed Devotion in action for many months now, we are comfortable with loosening most of these restrictions, opening up new opportunities for skill/devotion combinations.

Added 3ds Max Exporter for Modding
The next update will also include the often asked for exporter, allowing you to incorporate new models and animations into your mods. Those interested will need a 32-bit version of either 2009, 2011 or 2012 3ds Max.

And More…
As always, this isn’t everything that’s in store for you with the next update. You can look forward to patch v1.0.0.4 around early June.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 05/30/2016 for our regular development updates!

Attachment: Celestial Proc.jpg
Attachment: Kilrian Mace.jpg

AWESOME!!! CAN`T WAIT FOR Ver 1.0.0.4!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Celestial Powers activated by debuffs? Awesome!

cant wait !!! :smiley:

Since I purchased GD through steam, what is happening with survivor mode?

Cool, faction augments rebalance looks like a very interesting choice.

Great news, impatient.

Are there any plans to move Kymon’s Will away from Kymon’s Chosen and rename it? It is one of, if not the best, endgame augments for rings and amulets which happens to be gated behind a choice. For this that can’t revert that choice, they are out of luck or have to start over. As of now, there is very little reason to pick Order of Death’s Vigil.

Ohhhhh, I know someone that will love this… :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to try all that myself, and also I really hope that 1.0.0.4 will also address masteries’s skills and balancing in general as well.

I also hope that poison dot (Gastris the foul…) will be fixed !!

Does that mean skills like Haunt or Terror can also use celestial powers now?

Hell yeah! it was really annoying to me that I couldn’t bind OFF to any of my celestial powers. Now I can shift some things around for better damage output due to less akward proccing :slight_smile:

Ding, dong, the devotion restrictions are dead!

i hope you will fix some problems with modding tool :frowning:

like with pathing
walls with different height passes through itself

and height level pathing
http://i.imgur.com/Gk4SvR5.jpg - all good
http://i.imgur.com/xCu1Z6c.jpg - high-level

As always great news. Keep up the good work guys :smiley:

Time to learn how to use 3DS Max to create some sick Jojo poses.

Awesome news!

Can the 3DS Max exporter be released earlier as part of separate download? You know, early june is kinda…far away…:stuck_out_tongue:

but I want it nowwwwwww

Changes look good. Thank you for looking at the augments there is or was a lot of room for positive change there!

Good stuff! Are the guys down the pit in the mood for some more loading screens?:cool:

I’ve been on a bit of a hayatus from GD since it came out of alpha with the finished game to catch up my other games, but v 1.0.0.4 seems the perfect time to get back into it!!!

Awesome work as always Crate!