Grim Misadventure #98: The Crucible Calls...

expansion? Mates! Crate mean the promised expansion from kickstarter?

Can’t wait for the patch to drop! Please make it quick Crate! My Spellbreaker is termbling with excitement!

Giving what a crucible physicaly is, the teaser is most likely for survival/arena mod, not for an expansion. How much did development of a single act area took? Around 7 months for the longest act3. So a solid expansion should take no less then that, the game reached release not even 4 months ago and Crate was busy polishing existing bugs with getting up with backer rewards. Wild guess is that we won’t hear about anything expansion related till it’ll hit the works, probably autumn this year :wink:

It’s pretty likely the crucible is survival mode. I wouldn’t expect the expansion before 2017.

Hmm the guy looks like a necromancer, perhaps Uroboruuk. :slight_smile:

inb4 its Ulto Treig and we finish off the Cult of Chthon for good and move on to brighter Aetherial pastures.

possible, but to me it can go either way.

The definition of crucible I found is

1. a container of metal or refractory material employed for heating substances to high temperatures.
  2. Metallurgy. a hollow area at the bottom of a furnace in which the metal collects.
  3. a severe, searching test or trial.

obviously only #3 applies here and that can really mean a new act as much as survival mode

How much did development of a single act area took? Around 7 months for the longest act3. So a solid expansion should take no less then that, the game reached release not even 4 months ago

agreed, it should take about that long. As you said it released 3 months ago (just looked it up, 2/25). Summer goes from 6/20 to 9/21, so a September release date gives them 6+ months.

Factor in that the artists were done with the acts before the game was released (as the devs were still working on it) and they easily had those 7 months to work on it by then… so I would not rule out an expansion, but obviously we do not know one way or another until Crate gets a little more specific.

oh patch 1.0.0.4 good

Damn you with these teasers :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice, cant wait :smiley:

Keep up the great work guys

The guy in the picture wears a Mask of the Harbinger + the Necromancer’s Deathgrips. I don’t think that is Uroboruuk because:
a) Uroboruuk is a very smart guy;
b) He is more than 10.000 years old.

=> Uroboruuk would be wise enough not to try a hybrid pet build…:stuck_out_tongue:

There will likely be a clarification on the devs’ part, but the expansion mentioned in the post is most definitely not related to this Crucible summer 2016 teaser. Most definitely not.

Most likely is that the Crucible is the game’s survival mode, although it’s possible that it’s some kind of quest or dungeon as well.

Sounds great, can’t wait to try out Hidden Path, thanks guys!

shhh this is 99.9% about survival mode :smiley:

The thought of slaughtering endless waves with my blademaster is making something happen in my pants :open_mouth:

Glad you guys did an augment rework, something I have wanted for a long time. Here’s to hoping I can put flat pierce or cold augments on both weapons now and become more OP

EVERYONE ON THE HYPE TRAIN!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Damn real life! I have almost no time to play in the next 3-4 weeks due to exams right infront the door. Guess who’s playing 24/7 after the real life issue is solved :cool:

This freaking pic looks like a new loading screen in my eyes :teach:

You guys keep on giving if feels like it will never stop great job crate :smiley:

Such a tease!! :smiley:

Looking forward to whatever it is that the crucible is :slight_smile:

MOAR updates!! I’m going to miss the fortnightly ones :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m so excited just looking at that poster!

Cannot wait and try out the augments changes of 1.0.0.4, and dive into the Hidden Path.

Thank you Crate!

the link in this tweet does not work