Grim Misadventures #0: Greetings from Zantai!

Welcome.

Somehow I like your sense of humor :wink:

it’s a good feeling to see the crate crew grow. :slight_smile: so welcome kamil, nice to have you around (in a very broad sense of “around”…). any idea if you’ll be working remotely or are there plans to get the crew together in the future/maybe after the successful release?

Cześć Kamil!
:stuck_out_tongue:

Out of curiosity, do you still speak Polish?

It’s great to see Crate grow!
Cheers!

Woah - great news! Welcome Zantai. My other hobbies got me sidetracked for a few days, but it seems I returned just in time.

any idea if you’ll be working remotely or are there plans to get the crew together in the future/maybe after the successful release?
Do you question the integrity of my work if I sap electricity from the nearby Dunkin’ to my well-insulated cardboard box?

I will be starting out remotely, but we hope to get the gang together as soon as it is financially feasible!

Out of curiosity, do you still speak Polish?
I do. My written grammar is not what it used to be, but I speak at a fantastic third grade level!

Allow me to bid you a hearty “powitanie” and “dzień dobry” as another Polish born American (I left Poland when I was 7 and arrived in the US when I was 10). It’s too bad what happened to 38 Studios, but that misfortune turned into Crate bolstering their ranks. I look forward to seeing what you contribute to Grim Dawn and the forums.

Sheesh! I don’t check the forum for ONE DAY and this is what happens?

Welcome Zantai! Good to see a new addition to the team. I hope you enjoy working on the game. And all of our wonderful, completely sane, not-obsessed-in-the-least company :smiley:

Welcome aboard! Always glad to have more Crate devs lurking about! Will definitely be checking out the misadventures.

Welcome to the crazy world of Grim Dawn, its great to see Crate expanding in preparation for a faster finish of the game. I too am looking forward to reading about your misadventures.

Best of luck in your new position.

Welcome aboard!

Providence isn’t more than an hour or so from the Bostom metro area, so I’m sure meeting up with the team won’t be too difficult. I used to do a lot of work in Providence and had to commute a bit as well. Congratulations on the new job Zantai!

Biggest change migrating to the south from the Northeast is the lack of Dunkin’ Donuts. Seriously, when I first asked about getting a coffee when I moved here, people were trying to direct me to the… gas station. Yes… the gas station.

Wish you guys the best. Please follow in the awesome footsteps of Titan Quest and everything will work out just fine.

Providence ehhhhhh? That’s not very far from Arkham, if I remember correctly. Maybe you guys should take a little trip to one of those old hamlets I keep hearing about, like Dunwich or Innsmouth.

That sounds quite lovecraftian. ;D

I dunno about Dunwich, heard something horrible happened there recently. :slight_smile:

Good to meet you Zantai! And glad to hear you hit the ground running after what happened with 38 Studios. I’m having a lot of fun with Amalur, it’s too bad the studio took the turn it did. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Wow, welcome to the team, Zantai! I barely know your work since the only thing you mentioned that you worked on and I tried is Kingdoms of Amalur (which I tend to call Kingdoms of Boring Corridors) which I really hated for what it wanted to be and it turned out even worse than I expected. Fear not, I did like the art style in general. The world was very nicely crafted (my problem being only with how it was built from a gameplay point of view). So yeah, good luck and I can’t wait to see some Grim Dawn stuff from you!

Good thing I didn’t work on that game at all and instead worked exclusively on the unannounced MMO :wink:

Cool to see someone new working on the game, looking forward to your “grim misadventures”.

Btw. what do you think about Diablo 3? :slight_smile: (if you haven’t posted your opinion somewhere else already, haven’t been here for a while)

Don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll only have to say it three or four hundred more times for it to sink in :stuck_out_tongue:

And for the record, I loved KoA:Reckoning… thought it was pretty sweet for a first time ARPG and am disappointed that there will not be a sequel.

I am also VERY interested in Copernicus - did you sign an NDA? Can you share anything about that project with us?

I’ve read that the Rhode Island now owns that IP… I hope they can find someone to take it on and bring it closer to fruition. I know it was leaked that the game was scheduled for release next year, so it must have been pretty close to Alpha if not already in it…

Let’s just say Diablo 3 is an active discussion internally and we are studying it (and your reactions to it) judiciously. :cool:

An NDA is standard practice, and I am still bound under it. I can tell you that I was playing the MMO everyday and that it was developing at a tremendous pace. The fly-through video we released did not do that game justice. If the NDA is ever lifted, I will be happy to discuss it openly.

I would not be surprised if the Amalur IP is picked up to take advantage of Reckoning, but do not expect to see the MMO ever happen. Picking up an unfinished MMO is a monumental task and one I do not foresee any publisher wanting to take a risk on.

oh noes. i feel being watched. and naked. and judged. judged naked. :rolleyes: :smiley:

hm, judge naked sounds like the queer pendant to judge dredd.