Grim Misadventures #0: Greetings from Zantai!

Welcome aboard! It’s nice to see things picking up speed. And of course I’m very curious to read about your mishaps :wink:

durutti - are you ok?

I think durutti needs some major therapy, we need a councillor in here stat!!

That’s good to know. You remember something called the TriBeer™? I wonder if Arthur made you test it :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, then let me tell you about my complete D3 experience, from start to finish:

That friday evening, after getting past all those Error something problems, I created a Wizard as my first character, ready to play through the whole weekend, which I did keep free of any other obligations.
Half an hour later I found myself thinking about doing something else, since D3 bored the shit out of me. But I dragged on, until somethink like two or three hours into the game. Just after I had killed the Skeleton King, I gave up and watched a DVD instead.
Saturday noon, after deliberately wasting some hours instead of playing, I decided to have a look at the Barbarian. And as a matter of fact I found melee combat to be much more enjoyable than the Wizards spells. But the effect wore thin pretty fast, an I felt pretty bored again.
Then I uninstalled the Beta, canceled my pre-order of the Collectors Edition on Amazon, and spent the rest of the weekend playing Path of Exile beta, and enjoyed it very much.

Welcome Zantai, my polish designer friend!

I hope your modder talent brings new life to GD!

Keep up the great work!

Welcome Zantai!

Since you have a modder background, have you ever worked on any TQ mods or maps?

Welcome aboard! I look forward to laughing WITH you on your misadventures!

@Bleh, I have not had a chance to experience the TriBeer yet.

@hooby, Path of Exile, eh? And what are your thoughts on that?

@LeonResEvil2, I toyed with the TQ editor back in the day, but never released anything. I was busy with other projects at the time.

Welcome aboard Zantai. :slight_smile:

Sing with us: “Polska biało-czerwoni”! :smiley:
tip for those who live in cave and don’t use TV -->(UEFA EURO 2012)

Welcome aboard former neighbour, Zantai,

Glad to have you here with us! =)

Oh and congrats to your new job! =)

It’s pretty good. Not perfect, but definitely one of the better Diablo-Clones currently out there.

Going into detail shall require more time than I currenty have, and more space than I should use up in this thread - so I’ll probably create an own thread for that, later this evening, when I’m back home.

Maybe we can get the State of RI to host the upcoming MMO on a DMV server :slight_smile:

Now, thereyou have it. You totally asked for it! ^^

Glad to have you on board, and congrats for being part of this project.

It’s looking better by the day.

Yes please yes please yes please!

Welcome :] -four days later-

LOL, yeah same here, 4-days and 8 pages late :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, Hi-Ya Zantai.

Burger King fries are better than McDonald’s frys…
btw

Congratulations on surviving the Studio 38 blowup. It’s great to see that more people are gonna be working in Grim Dawn and I can’t wait to read your development updates.:wink: