[Grim Tools] Builds

And, strangely, I can agree with him.

Could you please also parse the tags (beginners-guide) or even budget in the title when identifying beginner builds? (Asking selfish for myself, as my builds only use “Budget” (instead of beginner) in the title and almost always the beginners-guide as tag)

Good point. It’s done. This change is retroactive.

3 Likes

Thx :slight_smile: (10 char)

I think we could use MIs being selectable in item filter because sometimes they are often build defining.
For example Barthollem’s Gavel and Spectral Longsword - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database.

If that’s too many items

• shoulders

• boots

• belt

• pants

• chests

could be dropped because they never define a build.

1 Like

Do you know why your crawler did not find this build? [1.1.9.6] Just Another Physical Retaliation S&B Warlord [SR85] [Ravager of Souls] [Callagadra]

Could it be because of the way I added the grimtools link (and the way the link is than expanded) - as this is the only difference to my old builds?

Yeah, looks like you quoted the link. Crawlers skips all quotes in forum posts. That might be the reason.

1 Like

Hi. Could you tell me what wrong with this one? The crawler doesn’t find the link in the table I used in the thread I guess?

Crawler didn’t like the title for some reason. It’s added to the list now.

1 Like

That is the way currently the forum handles link which you copy in full (a c&p link will be automatically extended by the forum to the form visible in the thread). This means, to have the crawler work, we should better use [ url ] - like I did for my other builds?

Edit: hmm, here it seemed to work: [1.1.9.6] Vehemence Deniable - Octavius Paladin [sr+][vid]

Thanks, I really like seeing my builds presented nicely on grimtools.com/builds/author/tqFan

Ah, I found the issue. 3-4 months ago I changed crawler logic to include only guides that have a video (95% of recent guides at that time had it) - in my opinion guides with videos are more relevant and have better quality. The forum thread in question doesn’t have any vids.

1 Like

Ah, good to know - than I will just accept that my builds will no longer be listed.

This thread has been qualified as a build incorrectly:

Thanks. Added it to ignore list.

Could you tell me what to change about [1.1.9.7] SSF Physical Eye of Reckoning Warlord | leveling and beginner build | HC friendly
so that it’s included in the build list? Or maybe add it to the list of exceptions?

Builds created by tqFan - Grim Dawn Builds

Might be that the linked videos are not correctly seen by the script and your guide therefore does not fulfill the inclusion criteria :dunno:

1 Like

Yeah, perhaps build crawler doesn’t like the videos, there should be at least one video that “looks like a guide”, 2-3 minutes long. I didn’t check the vids in the forum thread, but it may be the reason.

I have a lot of videos in my guide

• how to farm Aether Crystals

• how to spend devotion points

• how to farm ugbenblooms

• how to farm Gargoyles

• how to play Crucible in the beginning

• how to farm Death’s Vigil reputation

• how to powerfarm Vinelton (in to versions)

• showcases how the builds handles the most important bosses

I also have a lot of things on the Grim Dawn channel, you are welcome ))