Grimarillion can't do Crucible?

What a bummer. I am having a blast with my Grand Necromancer using Ravage and Vision of Death. I really wanted to see how far I could get too. I got to 140 using a fire based shield throw Shieldbreaker and was hoping to do better.

Will Grimarillion ever be able to do Crucible?

You can using Grim Internals for it. Search its thread for mod or Grimarillion for more info. And write there if you have problems.
There’s also a method without GI but it’s more complicated with more steps.

As said, you need to use Grim Internals to be able to play mods in Crucible.

This video should give you everything that you need to set up Grim Internals so you can run Crucible in Grimarillion.

The video is out-dated (in regards to Grim Internals) and it won’t work if you do it like it’s presented: [Tool] Grim Internals - #4527 by GlockenGerda

The pinned comment in the video points this out and shows the correct way to set up the shortcut. I used the same procedure in the video, making sure to use the address pointed out in GlockenGerda’s post, and it works fine.

Install Griminterals in your Grim Dawn folder, create a shortcut, go to the shortcut properties, and in the target line, after the “griminternals64.exe” text, write in this text: /Mod:grimarillion. There will be a line in the Main Menu that says “Grimarillion: Crucible.” That’s how you know it works.

Thanks all for the info.

I am able to launch the program, but none of my Grimarillion characters are there. I double checked to make sure that I have a space between the last " and the / before grimarillion in the target line of the short cut. Still the same thing.

It doesn’t matter which one of those I click, no characters show up.
Has anyone else encountered this or something similar?

Also this as well.

New update. ALL of my characters are gone, even when I try to launch the game itself. I see the same menu above. I even deleted all of the grim internal stuff and I still get that same menu. No characters at all. But I have them saved. I can see the save folders when I look for them.

Now what do I do? I can’t even play the game without having to create a new character.

Did you use that

?

Not sure but maybe whether G is capital or not matters.

Not sure what’s wrong with characters.

As for your characters, do you have Cloud Saves enabled? That’s the only thing I can think of that would have you not see your characters even though you have your save folders. You have the latest version of Grim Dawn and Grim Internals, so I doubt it’s an incompatibility issue. The only thing I can think of is if your installation folder is somewhere moved from where you normally have it.

As a response to tqfan, no, the G being capital or lower case doesn’t matter. I pasted that address exactly as I have it in my shortcut so it could be duplicated.

Also Note: I have separate shortcuts for booting up Grim Internals without modded Crucible and with modded Crucible, just so I don’t get myself into trouble with characters as such. I would verify game files, and make sure to uninstall and reinstall GrimInternals so that you’re using an unaltered executable to start up the game.

1 Like

I missed the : between mod and grimarillion.
It works now, thanks.

thepowerofmediocrity, that’s a good idea. I will do that.