[GrimTools] Build Calculator

Not sure if this has been reported already but +All Skills/+Soldier/Demolitionist/etc. seems to be affecting the mastery bars themselves, incorrectly giving characters more stats than they should be receiving and making linked builds appear a little wonky.

Uh, itā€™s in the footer, at the same place where itā€™s located in item db, but itā€™s probably not visible as the footer is hidden on small resolutions. Iā€™ll fix it on the weekend, kinda busy right now.
I highly doubt that /calc/pl would work, at least I canā€™t remember that I handle such urls, this should be considered as build id. For now you can just zoom out in your browser to be able to view the footer and change the language, and then restore default zoom.

But what would be the point? You can just tinker with your build, ā€œshareā€ to receive build link => save the link somewhere locally, then open it and continue from where you were.

Thanks for report. There might be a bug with alt weapon set, or maybe the build was using a weapon that was removed from the game (just a wild guess) and currently my db doesnā€™t support removed items/affixes, they are considered invalid and not present in any UI, maybe thatā€™s the case here, Iā€™ll look into this on the weekend.

Yep, nice catch! Bonuses were ignored only for transmuters, but not base mastery skills. This was fixed and deployed half an hour ago.

OK, thanks.

Hi,

Here the french translation.

I made some changes in the ā€œitemdbā€ file to make it consistent with the official French translation.

You know, I donā€™t think the Cooldown Reduction listed on this build should be so high. http://www.grimtools.com/calc/1RVvQj2E :smiley:

This is a feat!

Here are the Japanese translations. Thanks.

No shit:D Seems like chanced ā€œcooldown reductionā€ from the belt slipped into base stats, Iā€™ll look into this on the weekend and fix the calculations, the fix will be retroactive of course.

All translations will be updated on the weekend as well.

Youā€™re doing gods work, Dammitt.

Thank you so much for this amazing tool.

Glad this is taking off. Itā€™s so much handier than Grim Calc.

Minor update:

• Fixed an issue with loading alt weapon set from save file, it wasnā€™t loaded at all if alt weapon was 2h.
  • Fixed ā€œX chance of Y% cooldown reductionā€ being applied to base stats
  • Site footer is never explicitly hidden now, even on small resolutions, so now you can see language selector if you wasnā€™t able to see it before
  • Added French, Japanese and Russian translations, item db lang files were updated as well.

Hello,

[/li]Thanks!

Now it works! :slight_smile:

Ā» http://www.grimtools.com/calc/vb28832j

Is that aā€¦Pierce Savagery Build? With Elementalist? I am confused.

Itā€™s no special build ā€¦ :wink:

Why are the weapon slots always empty after importing??

If you load an ā€œunfinishedā€ char from a file, then it does not display the correct number of unlocked devotion points - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1wJ7ND has only 44 points, but the maximum of 50 is shown.

Are you sure that all slots are empty, even alt weapon slots? If thatā€™s the case, can you share the link to your character and name the weapons that are supposedly not imported?

Thanks for the report. Itā€™s just a display issue that I forgot about :confused: Iā€™ll deploy a fix later today.

Hey guys. Iā€™m quite busy irl, so Iā€™ve made zero major updates since the tool was released, only bugfixes. I donā€™t see any meaninful activity with the calc, so either no one knows about it, or thereā€™s no much activity in GD community lately, or people just donā€™t like it for some reason. I canā€™t do anything about the first two, but I can do something about the latter, for example fix some bugs or add some functonality idk.
Implementing all the logic related to active skills / hotbar etc. will take some effort because thereā€™s a lot of unclear stuff there. However I donā€™t have much free time lately, so maybe I can add a simple button that just toggles on/off all buffs and show the list of their names, to be certain which buffs are enabled (w/o stats probably), it would be much easier.
The question is ā€” is there something the tool is really lacking that makes it not usable, e.g. misleading stats because they donā€™t include buffs, slow search or maybe no easy way to select equip, etc? Iā€™m open to suggestions.

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s just people not knowing about it. Itā€™s a great tool and I donā€™t see any problems or anything missing. Maybe thereā€™s just not many people actually planning their builds rather than just picking one somebody else made. It would be interesting to see usage statistics of grimcalc for comparison.

The only thing I think the tool is lacking is not showing your auras/buffs. If you make a button toggling on all your permanents, and then another button toggling all your ā€œchanceā€ procs, I think itā€™ll sort out. By ā€œChanceā€ I mean like Dryadā€™s Chance on Attack, or a Chance on Hit. Cuz those can matter and some are very consistent in practice.

I personally feel that you did an absolutely amazing job with GrimTools and would be very sad to see it not continue.

I made a calculator for the Underlord mod for TQ and have a slight idea of how much time you have invested in these GrimTools sites. Sadly, I have an even better idea of how you will never get close to enough gratitude from the public to warrant that time investment. You have to do these things for your own satisfaction and maintain distance from it when you feel burnt out.