[GrimTools] Build Calculator

He’s gotta a patreon account floating around.

If you don`t mind, I uploaded your offline GT calculator and map here: https://mega.nz/#!60cXDIhZ!GnsKTBFgSjz3XkJfpb5mIp3lkcQcgygJzfec1n4D5Ys

3 Likes

Which game version is it?

I downloaded the offline calculator, but can’t seem to load builds from links. Is there something we have to do, perhaps in relation to the offline item DB in order to set it up?

Edit: apparently that feature is dependent on the server being up, so it’s a no go for anyone else attempting this.

Thanks so much for sharing this while his site is down. Very much appreciated

I owe ye one pal!

Dude, no worries, there’s no sprint, no deadline, your app is great, cheers

2 Likes

This works
https://web.archive.org/web/20190606202812/https://www.grimtools.com/

1 Like

Web archive still doesn’t allow for links to be used (and is for an older version than the offline), so doesn’t resolve the problem most folk have.

So am I right, that this game has no official possibility to share or view builds because a private app is offline?

Yes. The tool is made by a fan of the game, not Crate, as are all the tools/mods you’ll find here.

2 Likes

I hope crate can let dammit host grim tools here in the future

4 Likes

It might be helpful if people supported Dammit on his Patreon page.

1 Like

Not quite right! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can make screenshots from your Charcter and post it here … :grin:

1 Like

Sure and you can wash your clothes at the river and hunt some mammoths with a stick :smile:

Moments like this shows you that Grim Tools is the most valuable and irreplaceable third-party software. I can theorycraft and create builds with GD stash, but for sharing your builds and finding easy information, GT is required.

So thanks for that Dammitt!

8 Likes

That makes me wonder about the times before Internet was existing or better say popular source for such stuff, and how any sane people could play games with Skilltrees and stuff, without any calculator.

Not saying that GT isn’t one of the best Tools for GD out there. But tbh, for me it’s a bit of an overdrama-statement to act like your life depends on it. I played the past few days without GT and did still fine.

/Edit: Than again i stick with my argument, that we really need an offline version of this stuff(and yes i know, GT Calculator and Itemdatabase have already an (outdated) version.

2 Likes

Off topic: WTF is wrong with grimtools?

FYI - /10chars

1 Like

Hey @Dammitt, firstly i just wanted to say thank you for the amazing work you have done with GrimTools.
I can’t imagine GD without it, and i think I’ve spent the same amount if not more fiddling with builds and optimization in GT as i have actually playing GD. Design, functionality, ability to share builds and user friendliness is honestly 10/10. Do you work with things like these for a living?

Secondly, i’m wondering regarding the future of GT. Having it be down this week i realized for me, to experience GD the way i do, i simply must have GT. No way around it, it’s an important part of the game as GD is so heavy in theory crafting and building rather then leader boards and farming (for me).

So i have two questions:

1. Will GT always be there, in your absence or loss of future interest / time etc, or can you see the project die in some years if you don’t give the project away?
    Simply put; do you have ambitions to have GT stay available for GD in the long run. say 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 years?
  2. Have you or Crate had any contact or discussion about your tool? I know it’s always complicated with third party applications, but i believe i speak for a lot of people here on the forum when i say that if GD is to be a playable retro game/nostalgia game in the far future - GT needs to be available for people to actually experience the game we who play it now experience it.

I do love Crate, they are at the moment the most dedicated and player base-connected game developer i know of, and their care for GD over these years have truly showed that they care about the players and the game i believe they are pretty proud of. I do hope they agree with me that the legacy of GD also have to include GT to preserve the game they actually made, and in a way the dedicated community of players, modders and third party applications the game created.
Perhaps help/provide hosting or hosting solution.

Basically i just want the tool to be available to the future.
Maybe @Zantai have some thoughts or answers regarding this also?

(Note: If you or Crate, for whatever personal, business or other practical reasons have no interest in this - i of course understand. These are just my thoughts as a thankful fan of both the tool and the game.)

9 Likes

Take your time Dammitt, finding a new reliable host and setting it up for the tools is not a quick thing to do but, when you return from your holidays, and if you have an offline version that is not as old as the ones floating around here, I’d be glad if you could upload and share it with us. :slightly_smiling_face: