[GrimTools] Build Calculator

I fixed caching issue on the server, so there’s no need to used that “disable cache” trick in future.

As for OA/DA mods missing - I’m aware of the issue, but I still can’t reproduce it on my end :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s fine, you just didn’t specify what exactly the fixes you made were in the update so just in case you were trying to address the issue I wanted you to know it didn’t work :wink:

Maybe it’s related in some way but I was having trouble going into the devotion map as well, but only on my work computer (completely fine at home). When it didn’t outright crash, I was seeing everything highlighted like @tqFan described.

Installed an Adblocker and the problem was gone instantly. (Using edge in both cases… Please don’t judge me)

Anyway, hopefully this anecdote helps you track the issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The issue is already fixed in GT, you can just reload the page and it should be gone if you experienced it.

1 Like

Unused skills in Skill window started having some orange stains on them (every browser):

Components have completion bonuses now:

1 Like

Not all components have completion bonus, such as prismatic diamond and eldritch mirror. As a matter of fact, higher level components do not show such bonus.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is somehow a relic from back when Components dropped as partial. Like you’d put together a Searing Ember from 3 little pieces of Searing Embers. In TQ completing these gave you a completion bonus on top of what the component does, can’t remember if the same was the case in GD back then. My guess is the higher level components don’t show the bonus cause those get crafted as a whole, not as pieces, so they probably never had a completion bonus attached to them.

Why these suddenly appeared in GT I have no idea. My thought was maybe this is to allow GT to be backwards compatible for players without all the expansions, but aren’t partial components completely gone even from vanilla GD?

Edit: actually scratch that, I think that’s bullcrap. Even back in the days of partials components used to be able to stack up into piles, couldn’t work if each component had a different completion bonus. Plus these seem pretty busted for just a component. So yeah, no clue where these came from.

2 Likes

Completion bonuses were added accidentally. Funny thing, they were never filtered in client logic, but rather during data extraction bonus tables for components were not included in the database, so they were missing in UI. However this bug in data extraction logic was fixed (for mods), which caused completions bonuses to show up for components.
I’ve added proper filtering in client logic, so they don’t show up if completion level is unset or set to 1 (it’s set to 1 for all components in GD).

2 Likes

Yeah, about that… It will stay for now, until I figure out how to fix it properly. This is caused by png optimizer, which is working perfectly fine and I’m happy with the resulting spritesheet sizes, but it doesn’t work “that good” with semi-transparent pixels that are not white, which causes this issue. In fact its just 2 or 3 semi-transparent mask sprites that are affected by lossy png compression (these sprites are shown when no points are invested in node), but in UI it looks like all icons are affected instead…

1 Like

checked the OA / DA issue - on the same browser (FireFox), however, different PC than before

values are displayed correct if ads are surpressed (FireFox add ons are actives)
they are not displayed if ads are shown (privacy mode of the browser - no FireFox add ons are active)

It’s not the cause though, because on my end they are always shown, regardless of whether ads are displayed.

I have the issue on two different PC with different software (AVS, …), used in different networks and two browser (FireFox / Edge) each.

On one of the PC I had for a short time the effect the values were shown as long as the video add was not displayed at all (means - if I open a new tab of calc and the video add did not started to play) - if started, the values were gone. But this was not a persistent behaviour :confused:

I suppose the issue is related to naming clash due to script loading. Because some code in GT is really old and it’s not well written, so some global level variable/function names might clash with some from other scripts :confused:
The downside is that it’s impossible to predict and other than rewriting formatting code there’s probably no easy solution to fix it.

2 Likes

:confused:
I had hoped that our reports allow you to narrow down the potential issue

They do, in a sense. I appreciate the help. At least this confirms once again my assumption that it’s a name clash somewhere. Now I have to figure out how to fix it without refactoring a lot of old code.

1 Like

Okay, I made a fix, hopefully it will resolve the issue with OA/DA reductions not shown. If anyone is still experiencing this, please let me know.

4 Likes

Thx a lot :slight_smile: - OA/DA boni are visible again (just to provide feedback that your fix worked for me)

1 Like

I’ve notice some bug with Plague of Rot(between Curse of Frailty and Bloody Pox) tooltip on the hotbar:

• if you hover over it, it shows previously shown tooltip instead of its own tooltip

• or black rectangle if there’s no previous tooltip in memory

I don’t think this was the case before

Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Behaves like that in Opera and Firefox

It is an old bug, since the first time I used that item - Pestilence of Dreeg. It persisted from patch to patch and no one complained - so I decided that this is a “non-fixable” feature :grin:.

1 Like