[GrimTools] Item Database

An option the hide items from FG and or AoM would be useful I think.

Youā€™ll be able to do that very soon via advanced search. Currently the only way is either to use browser search in item db or you can open calc, select item slot and search there, itā€™s limited to selected slot+type.

Thanks. Most of these, except for item skills will be coming in the initial version of adv. search.

In adv. search youā€™ll be able to select categories.

Yeah, youā€™ll be able to do that in advanced search.

I also wanted to say that in future Iā€™m planning to introduce a sort of ā€œglobal filterā€ based partially on adv search. Basically thereā€™s a global filter already, but it includes only one property - rarity. In future youā€™ll be able to include other ā€œglobalā€ props in there.

Advanced search is now available. You can now find almost anything you need. Currently searching through granted skills/procs isnā€™t supported, but this will be added in future.

thx for advanced search

i also get the message with the chrome browser today, all grim tools, all 6 page says in the chrome browser:

not safe and the https symbol in the bar is red

Edit:

Google Chrome ist auf dem neuesten Stand.
Version 74.0.3729.131 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

Well, I think there are some problems with searching for certain +skills on preffixes and suffixes.

This is my example:
I am looking for all pref/suff with Demo skill: Stun Jacks

So, I have checked following check-boxes:
Item prefixes, Item suffixes, skill bonus to: Stun Jacks.
All the rest check-boxes are unchecked.

The search result is 500 random (?) affixes.

So I asume that smth might go wrong in the code? Try for yourself.

Or am I doing smth wrong? :slight_smile:

Take Care,
GP.

ps. Oh, I might find the problem - I should put min/max also. When I put min=1 max=1ā€¦ Everything comes into place.

SO FALSE ALERTā€¦

Yeah, in current implementation you should always specify min or max or both, otherwise the field will be ignored. I probably should provide some hit for that.

Hello there !

It seems that there is a bug in the search engine for the Bysmielā€™s Desert Barb augment (I donā€™t know if it happens for others).

When searching with ā€œpierce resistanceā€ or even ā€œ*% pierce resistanceā€ (without quotes), the augment does not appear in the results, see https://i.imgur.com/afFttNH.png .

However, it is found if using ā€œ12% pierce resistanceā€ or ā€œBysmielā€™s Desert Barbā€.

Not really a bug per se. but rather unusual filter order + search result count limit. It just doesnā€™t get included in the resulting set, due to 500 item limitation. Iā€™m not sure though, why exactly this particular item is excluded and others are shown instead.

You can check that itā€™s possible to actually find this specific item, e.g. via ā€œpierce resistanceā€ ā€œaugmentā€.

On a side note if you use advanced searchm youā€™ll find it without any issue.

Donā€™t know if you know about it, ā€œspiritā€ is not being searched: https://youtu.be/I3zeZkkwHII

Doesnā€™t find ā€œspiritā€, but inserting ā€œspiā€ does find stuff:

Working as intended. This field is called ā€œnameā€ for a reason, you can use it to filter items by names. If you want to search by spirit - thereā€™s a field for that in character attributes section. If you want to search the old-fashioned way using pseudo full-text search, you can do that using old search field.

Huh, didnā€™t think about it this way. Thanks for explaining.

Doing a normal search for ā€œconvertedā€ leaves out several belts (maybe more, but the belts are what I noticed it for). Specifically:

Boneweave Girdle (Mythical version is displayed as expected)
Gladiatorā€™s Distinction (Mythical version is displayed as expected)
Mythical Cord of Violent Decay (Non-mythical version is displayed as expected)
Mythical Pack of Treacherous Means (ditto above)
Mythical Storm Shepherd (ditto)
Mythical Murmurā€™s Kiss (ditto)
Mythical Sash of the Bloodlord (ditto)

Interestingly, searching for the full ā€œconversion stringā€ (e.g. ā€œVitality Damage converted to Physical Damageā€ or ā€œAether Damage converted to Lightning Damageā€) will return the respective belts as expected.

Edit: I can confirm itā€™s not just belts. There are several items with normal/empowered/mythical versions that seem to only return one version when searching for ā€œconvertedā€.

Iā€™ll quote myself from 2 days ago:

Not really a bug per se. but rather unusual filter order + search result count limit. It just doesnā€™t get included in the resulting set, due to 500 item limitation. Iā€™m not sure though, why exactly this particular item is excluded and others are shown instead.

You can check that itā€™s possible to actually find this specific item, e.g. via ā€œpierce resistanceā€ ā€œaugmentā€.

On a side note if you use advanced searchm youā€™ll find it without any issue.

Ah, didnā€™t know about the 500 limit. Sorry to make you repeat yourself!

How does this work exactly?

When I specify Weapon Damage = Lightning Damage and donā€™t enter a min/max value, I get results of items without Lightning Damage as the base damage type.

However, if I enter a min of 1 and a max of 500, for example, I get back items with base Lightning Damage.

The, if I add in an Offense filter of ā€œ[X] Lightning Damageā€ and NO min/max values, it doesnā€™t filter return what I expect it to. Adding in a min/max returns no results.

If you like I can provide a step-by-step repro. Maybe Iā€™m just using it incorrectly.

You specify a filter, e.g. weapon damage = lightning famage in your case, and at least min/max value or both, thereā€™s no trickery there, itā€™s supposed to be obvious, but perhaps not so much.
All filters are combined via AND, so the search returns items that match all selected filters.

I would have thought that leaving the min/max blank, it would search across all ranges.

Anyway, Iā€™ll DM you an example tomorrow of why I was confused about the results.

I have a super important request that might change the general life purpose of every creature in the world.

Make the keyboard button ā€œenterā€ trigger ā€œsearchā€ button in advanced search.

I just found advanced search a few days ago. The days of needing intricate regex incantations for simple things are now a thing of the pastā€¦

or not.

But at least it lets me search faster and apparently skip the database building step.