[GrimTools] Item Database

Thanks for updating the tool Dammitt - much appreciated!

New version 1.4.0:

• Now you can view prefixes/suffixes and blueprints in item categories.
  • Added ability to view MIs, plus you can see which MIs were added in which GD build version.
  • Added missing blueprints, removed some default ones that slipped into the db
  • Fixed missing granted skills on some affixes

New version 1.4.3:
Adjusted script parser so that it properly detects items that are given as quest rewards. In the new build you can spot several MIs and couple blueprints that were missing. Now Iā€™m 99% certain that the database contains all obtainable items.

Edit: Seems like my parser should look through worldmap file after all since some MIs are still missing, I think I was doing it wrong all along:p The next update will hopefully include all items after all.

New version 1.5.0:
Adjusted parser so that it traverses world map file instead of plain db records directory, in the end it seems that w/o map file data parser was rather accurate, only 6 unique rares were missing. Iā€™m fairly certain that the database contains all items (except for lore notes, they are deliberately excluded). Also added new category, ā€œunique raresā€ - these arenā€™t MIs but rather rares that you get either via quest rewards or from fixed location drops, they can have only one affix.

Version 1.6.0:
The tool supports localization now, it uses the latest community localization files, but there are some texts in the tool interface itself that need translation, so if you wish the app to be translated to your language, please translate the file attached to the first post in this thread (tags_itemdb.txt) and either post it here or PM me. Currently itā€™s translated only into russian and japanese.

P.S. there will be no french translation in the nearest future, because unfortunately french translators abuse formatting, that is supported by game engine, too much and I donā€™t intend to use formatter for each and every string, only where itā€™s actually necessary.

comment oses-tu??

Here comes the German language file for your great tool ā€¦

Thank you, a Japanese display is very cleanly! However, since I updated the Japanese version and changed the item name about 50 today, the display of those items became old. Iā€™m terribly sorry to bother you, but please remake the Item Database in a new Japanese text at the time of the next updating.

Iā€™ve posted a new build yesterday, it included r6 of japanese translation. However Iā€™ve checked your translation thread and thereā€™s r7 already, but itā€™s not available from in game menu. it still lists r6 there as the latest.

community_japanese_e.zip|v1.0.0.6/r6 Japanese (Noun Eng)

Can you elaborate why is that? Did you push r7 there or not? Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s reliable way to deliver/acquire translations. I mean I just want to fully automate the process of getting up-to-date translations and adding them to my tools, fetching them via in game downloads can achieve that.

@FOE @Matougi
Can you guys please adjust ā€œLanguageā€ in language.def files of your translations for versions that include english nouns? Basically right now both translations (w/ english nouns and w/o) have Language set to ā€˜Japaneseā€™ (or ā€˜Germanā€™) and thatā€™s how it appears in the language menu in game, w/o any way to distinguish the transaltions, because both are listed as ā€˜Japaneseā€™(German). In my tools I just add suffix ā€˜(2)ā€™ for the exact same reason. Can you change it to, say, ā€˜Japanese (English nouns)ā€™ or smth like that, so that itā€™s more clear for people which translation is which?

Iā€™ll try it ā€¦

Attached is a test version.

Thank you for quick updating and for your attention. I confirmed that the ver.1.6.2 is the newest Japanese. Itā€™s perfect! Looking at the screen like this beautiful mail-order catalog, I am very touched. :smiley:

After I released 1006_01(e) on Japanese thread, the system by which translators can operate the DL version of a menu option was made. And when I updated 01 on a Japanese thread to 02, I released r1 of the main option DL version. That is, 1006_02=r1. 1006_07=r6, as well.
Both versions will become the same version number from the next v1.0.0.7.

Yes, the Japanese (2) are ā€˜Japanese (English nouns)ā€™. Iā€™ll add such note to language.def file from the next updating.

Thanks, but I think I wasnā€™t clear enough. Can you please upload it via that localization upload thingy so that the updated version appears in the list of translations available via in game language selector? Iā€™m using it to get latest translations, so itā€™s fully automated. You donā€™t have to upload new version right away, just include this change in the next update if you want to.
If you are worried that this small change might break something, donā€™t. The Language from language.def is used only to show the language name in the selector, thatā€™s it.

ę—„ęœ¬čŖžåŒ–ćƒćƒ¼ć‚øćƒ§ćƒ³ć«ć¤ć„ć¦ć®č©³ć—ć„čŖ¬ę˜Žć‚ć‚ŠćŒćØć†ć”ć–ć„ć¾ć™

P.S. I wonder if anyone would be interested in a changelog for item updates? Basically to view the full list of changes that were made to existing items. Iā€™ve checked the diffs generated by my tools and sometimes Zantai misses some stuff in patch notes regarding item updates, but maybe itā€™s intentional, idk.

OK, all right! :wink:

Iā€™ve updated the file now, it must be available in up to 30 minutes.

Some mistakes were reported about the item name from a user, so I updated the Japanese files to r7. And I added the ā€˜English Nounsā€™ note to ā€œlanguage.defā€ of (2).
Iā€™d appreciate it if you apply the new files at the time of the next updating.

updated localizations

Thank you for the very quick update!

And one more.
I havenā€™t thought that two Japanese versions could coexist in localization folder until you suggested. It was my misunderstanding. Now, two Japanese versions can choose from the menu option at will. I appreciate also about that. :slight_smile:

Here is Spanish (Spain) translation.
Thank you very much for this tool and the new stuff to add localization!

(Reuploaded, something was corrected)

(Reuploaded, something was corrected)

Here is spanish translation of the game, just in case you need it
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43570398/community_spanish.zip

Updated localizations once again (added Spanish), plus fixed display issue for rarity popup.

All translations are fetched automatically, so I donā€™t need it, but thanks anyways.