GrimTools translation

1. Thanks, I deleted the Firefox cache and I was able to choose another language. :slight_smile:

2. After a while Japanese (English Nouns) came to be displayed all over Cair, but somehow the place names are not English.

Yep, I know. For now [+english] translations use the same prerendered texts for overview map, name layer and level limit layer, although level limit layer is fine as it is.
There’s no problem with translation, just a technical issue. The problem is that prerendering all texts + splitting zone into tiles for one extra language adds several more minutes to map build. For example the last build for 4 languages (en,es,de,ja) completed in 18:50 which is too long already. I will have to revise the algorithm to shorten the time, that’s my only concern.

I understand. Well, for now this is not a big problem. It became very convenient because items and monsters and their place of appearance can be checked in conjunction with each other. Especially it is wonderful to see the level limits of monsters appearing on the map. :smiley:

Sorry, but I did use your latest files!?

Or do you mean the general translation?!

OK, that is my mistake, I overread that. Sorry!!! :o

//Edit

I’ve seen that our German umlauts don’t show correctly at your world map!?

No, you did not. For example:

ItemDB_tagMenuItemShowPetAttributesAndSkills=Attribute und Skills der Kreaturen anzeigen
ItemDB_tagMenuItemShowAllPetAttributesAndSkills=Show all pet attributes and skills

And there are other cases like that. The key were changed half a year ago by the way and you still somehow manage to use the old ones. I really have no clue how you manage to merge files for such a long time without noticing this.

Looks fine to me, although they are barely visible:

In the case of Japanese (English Noun), monster skill item gets garbled (In the frame of figure). This is quite a problem, but I wait patiently for correction.

That’s because the fie tags_gt_skills.txt has incorrect encoding, currently it’s “Non-ISO extended-ASCII text”, but should be utf8 instead, the issue is relevant for both translations. Please let me know when you reupload the files.

Oh! How stupid can I be?! I did not notice at all that I was missing encoding for that skill text.

I uploaded the corrected translation to Crate, so please reload it. The file will be updated in about 30 minutes after uploading.

Edit: I confirmed that all items are displayed correctly (excluding the place name of the map). Thaks. :slight_smile:

I also overlooked it for a long time. Probably the difference from the latest version is that one line only.

Oh … ok …

Enclosed hopefully the files without error!

Yes, on the map but not on the menu!?

The issue was similar to the one that Matougi had, tags_gt_map.txt file that you provided has ANSI encoding. I’ve reencoded into utf8, so it’s fine now.

There’s no need to post updated files, I’ve fixed your translation on my end already.

But even in the archive you just posted each file still has _de suffix for some reason, so I can’t merge the files without renaming everything or comparing file by file. And there are still issues in the files - you do realise that I’ve just posted an example tag that had old naming and there are other cases like that? You should use merge tools like meld, kdiff3, p4merge, araxis or any other one you like, even winmerge gets the job done, but it sucks hard.

German translation is fine for now, but in future please provide it in proper format and properly merged with original like any other translator does, otherwise it won’t be updated in grimtools. I don’t think my position is unjustified, because I’ve asked you several times, but all the issues are still there, and I don’t really want to waste my time.

Ok, fine.

Ok, but there are also some changes there!

What? No!

See pic.!?

Check please, RU files.

Russian translate

Russian translate

Hello Dammitt,

Here a new version for the world map!

Please work in.

Many Thanks.

I’ve reencoded into utf8 … you should also change your original into utf8.

Yes, my bad, was looking in the wrong archive.

It’s already in utf8.

Updated German translation, added Russian translation.

Hello,

No problem! :smiley:

Thanks!

Hi,

Here the french translation for GrimTools.

This is a first version that I will rework when I have a little more time :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you Dammitt, your tools are great !

Thank you, I’ll make an update closer to the weekend.