Grimtools update: theorycrafting thread

New Grimtools update added two new masteries and bunch of new constellations. It’s still missing new items and new level cap. My first thought is that Inquisitor mastery looks incredibly OP for Demo/Inquisitor ranged build. New constellations look neat, but can’t say much without testing them. Anyone with some of the new theorycrafted builds? :rolleyes:

Attachment: sealofmight.jpg

I’m running one now and it’s pretty beast. Pretty fun and its come a ways since it first hit testing :smiley: I think everyone is gunna like it.

Only had a quick look so far, but Vindicator also seems to have some pretty good synergy going on - lots of juicy crit potential from what I can see. Definitely tempted to try out a Savagery/Storm Spread combo for my first xpac character.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK84p2D

Not big but this is my idea, in contrast to the gunner Purifier, it’s more of a CDR caster approach. The 5 additional expansion devotion points are going into Ulzuin’s Torch ;).

Edit:

I couldn’t help myself :rolleyes:

I’ve tried to take Ulzuin’s Torch’s bonuses into account so chaos res would be capped with Word of Renewal and OA/Fire %/Burn % would be a bit higher. I’ve also taken the extra 20 points from 85 - 100 into account as well.

Edit 2: With the extra levels/devotion points, surprisingly defensive all around and not bad OA either: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JXA0Zp

Yeah, gotta put Sorcerer/Pyromancer gunslingers off the map. Exclusive skill with flat fire damage + elemental RR and those WPS skills, feels OP already.

So you need Time dilation to spam those runs? Interesting.

i was messing with grimtools to have an idea about the cold gunslinger infiltrator i had in mind and found out that murmur, the mistress of rumors is just perfect for that build.

I hope to be able to play it soon :slight_smile:

Aura of Censure doesn’t give flat fire damage, that damage is dealt to nearby enemies like the set proc of Justicar.

Or Night’s Chill (for a more common example).

This isn’t Inq/Necro related but with Murmur added, I can’t help but think that acid/poison builds will get nerfed. I just hope that they won’t be nerfed so hard (and be unplayable) just cause they got another strong devotion that also helps them get to abomination. This also kinda applies to coldbreaker since Murmur supports cold too but I don’t like that build anyway and it’s obviously gonna get nerfed.

I just hope that they won’t touch CoF (esp. Vulnerability) so I can stil play Chaos Flames of Ignaffar Deceiver without lowering my expectations.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1DJB2D Aether/Vitality PB.
Harp will be absolute best for any energy-starved build.

Gonna miss http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31535. Wonder what gunslingers are gonna do since Brimstone of Fire strike in Demo only really synergizes with Occultist.

Murmur itself is the first target for nerf, since right now it’s almost certainly the single best devotion in the game. At a modest 6 nodes for 4 completion affinities, it’s comparable in DA (4%+50) with Solemn Watcher (5%+30), which is already one of the best defensive devotions in the game. However it’s also loaded with offensive bonuses, and the proc itself is superb: stackable RR, OA shred, and auto-spread with no CD.

As a comparison, Murmur is similar to Solemn Watcher and Solael’s Witchblade combined (10 nodes for 7 affinities), only better. There’s simply no comparable devotion that’s strong in so many different areas. This a T2 devotion that’s easily better (and far cheaper) than most T3’s, nevermind its own T2 peers.

The testers mentioned that Murmur was already nerfed during testing to remove its flat damage bonuses (!). And cold/poison are NOT weak damage types to begin with - Crate should target the devotion itself with the nerfhammer before release, rather than the after-release builds that will have their power multiplied significantly by such a powerful devotion.

yeah its not like we have a ton of conversion options coming or anything…

Seems, second mastery for Belgothian set is Inquisitor.

They still gonna nerf Spellbrakers instead, just for lulz

Inquisitor+Arcaninst seems rather Opie=) 100% crit dmg just from skiills alone and a good rr source and opie survivability options.

Poison - Pet Hybrid Cabalist with Time Dilation to maximize the effectiveness of transmuted Blight Fiend(s):

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeynkZ8
(The five extra devotion points are going into Panther and Chaos Crossroads for affinity.)

It won’t be the strongest build around but it looks good for lvl85 with pre-xpack gear.

I have a feeling that i will have disgusting amounts of fun playing it :).

I am bit worried about some conversions in the inquisitor tree.

Converting dot types to aether and chaos is very risky since there is no ‘aether decay’ and ‘chaos decay’ stats.
This means that all these juicy dots are doing close to 0 damage after conversion, since they don’t benefit from a player’s usual +1000% damage stats.

Does spirit even boosts unknown damage like chaos over time ?

I am afraid that we could get this situation: “this skills deals 2000 lightning damage and 10000 electric burn over 3 seconds. After conversion to aether which I specialize in it deals 3000 aether and 800 aether burn over 3 seconds.”

The more i look on Mage Hunter, the more i like him.
With 50% CDR he can mantain permanent Devastation with permanent Deadly Aim and 7.5Sec Opie healing from World of renewal. Add to this maiven sphere, miror, shitton of Aether RR, lots of converion items and CDR reset from Hourglasses and you have a new gamebreacker.
Half of this would be probably nerfed to the ground during playtesting. At least Deadly aim must be toned down a bit.

AFAIK theres no flat “aether/chaos burn” damage either, dot’s simply not getting converted to aether/chaos (they stay burn/electrocute/trauma/
whatever they was and benefiting from the corresponding %damage stat).