Grimtools update: theorycrafting thread

Ever since I saw this:

I’ve been planning my Familiar build :cool::cool::cool:: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlXG7VO

LOTS of flat damage (Storm Spirit, Arcane Empowerment, Steel Resolve, Aura of Conviction and Blood of Dreeg) added onto my two birds multi-projectile attacks. I’m envisioning my birds hitting like a couple of trucks, proccing Elemental Seekers left and right while I pick of the stragglers. Arcane Bomb, Elemental Storm and CoF should be enough RR.

If someone can propose a better devotion setup, I’m all ears.

Sarafel if you can get your hands on a Will of Fate (epic level 35 rifle) you will enjoy your elemental Purifier.

It has 100% chance to pierce through enemies and the Inquisitor’s ranged WPS stack with Firestrike. The rifle itself is crap in terms of stats but the final result is super satisfying.

Flat damage is added to weapon attacks, but I’m pretty sure the familiar’s damage is all from spells. You’d be better off increasing pet versions of: speed, all damage, lightning damage, OA, and resist/DA debuff, imho.

Edit: I don’t know if the raven’s attacks have a hidden weapon damage percent written in to them, but I’m curious. I wonder if someone better at evaluating game code than I has peeked under the skirt.

Sure I could (and will) try it, but now I’m humbly waiting for new (mythical and/or legendary) pistols with the support of the Inquisitor’s skills (and, possibly, with some interesting damage conversions)

:cry::cry::cry:

I though all pets had a basic weapon attack, which is why there is so many summoner builds stacking flat damage on pets. Took for granted that the raven would work the same, but I might well be wrong. If that’s the case, that’s a major bummer - and IMO should be made more clear in the skill description, because it’s not obvious to me at all. Would also explain why the raven does so shitty damage, I suppose.

Back to the writing board I guess… :frowning:

EDIT: Could change Elemental Seeker to Hungering Void, though I’m not sure how it applies on pets. Do pets receive buff only from the “Bonus to pets” part, or the other bonuses as well? Seeing as Elemental Seeker is pretty shitty, Hungering Void would likely be superior anyhow.

No knowledge of game code here, but lots of trial and error testing. From my article Understanding Pet Damage:

Also, any pet attack that is either a magic spell, AoE, and/or anything that isn’t their default basic attack (including any modifier-granted attacks) generally won’t have % weapon damage, and thus won’t benefit from flat damage bonuses. For the xpac, this means pets such as skeletal mages or any of the blight fiend’s attacks (other than his default “Blighted Claws” melee attack) won’t benefit from flat damage.

I always liked aether damage a lot, so i m going for Necro Arcanist.

As always that uggly fire damage is annoying, Arcanist has no Auther spell that doesnt deal significant amounts of Fire damage, so i get Problems whenever i want to combine Aether with anything else then fire. I Hope there are Items with Converting 100% Fire Damage to Aether/Vitality for Devestation and Aether Ray.

i´m dissappointed about Inqusitor, it doesnt have a weapon basic attack, so an Aether - Elemental build using Aether of Souls with Arcanist or Necro will be difficult. i Also don´t like the Exclusives. Aura of Censure is Questionable for anything else then Meele, so i dont see what this has to do in a Ranged/Caster Hybrid Mastery. Aura of Conviction could be nice, the Physical resist is good to compensate low caster armor ratings, but it does not boost elemental dmg, so its offensive very weak for any elemental char (conversion or Caster).

Maybe i Find some elemental Spell there that is a good Bosskiller, then i could finally make a high end Panetti - Build. Or i End up making a Panetti Build with Soldier, Shield and a Beronath Reforged as Physical Build.

There’s already a legendary weapon that converts elemental to aether (think it’s only 50% tho)
Never understood why they nerfed warpfires cold to fire% but kept blood orb at 100% then changed beronath to grant 100% conversion also

Decree + Agrivix Amulet will allow you to get 90% Fire to Aether Damage already

Actually only 70% with best rolls cause fire converts after elemental.

I would be surprised considering I’m taking that 90% from Chton and from the base idea that Conversion always impact “base value” not any modified one (so we don’t have double Conversion)

You have 100% Fire Damage.
55% Elemental goes to Aether
35% Fire goes to Aether

90% Fire goes to Aether.

Decree of Aldritch + Agrivx amulet or the Callidor’s Shard (epic version).

Warpfire cold to fire convertion was nerfed mainly because of Olexra’s Flash Freeze… was mainly to nerf a bit the killing speed of Sorcerer Callisdor’s tempest build which could kill really fast an entire screen. It’s still good though, even after the nerf.

Blood orb and the Beronath Reforged don’t feel Op in any case even with 100% conversion.

Nope.
You have 100 fire damage.
54% Elemental goes to Aether. 46% left.
36% from 46% Fire goes to Aether.
70% Fire goes to Aether.

I didn’t find warpfire to be op either, as OFF does nothing against bosses and also nothing against other major mobs that were immune to freeze. CT still destroys trash even without using OFF.
Guess I just miss fire/lightning TSS/High Potency build. Can still be played but not as good without focus as you lose Devastation.

It was mainly good when you were overcapping Olexa’s Flash Freeze.
Mine was at lvl 17 if I remember… worked pretty well since higher is OFF more fire Resistance reduction you have!

Wasnt Warpfire nerfed to tame down jajaja Saboteur? =) Cause maxed OFF oneshot whole screen regardless of conversion? =)

I think Warpfire’s problem is/was it has too many nice things overall - conversion, resist reduction and +1 to Arcanist/Demo are the highlights - the nerf toned down it’s conversion from 80% to 45% and it’s RR from -25% to -20%.

The Beronath sword and Blood Orb don’t have as much in comparison statistically speaking. You can still make powerful builds with either such as Superfluff’s AoE Markovian’s though.

I guess that too, for the execution proc (less damage converted).
Also the proc of Warpfire got a nerf to reduce a smaller amount of fire/aether resistances

Nerf to conversion hit Saboteur the most =( Sorcs didnt feel it - CDR sorcs prefered other weapon, and burning didnt care for conversion at all. I hope to see 100% Cold to Fire conversion on Mythical warpfire =)

Switched up my build thanks to Tek’s tips. Appreciate it bud! Still a work-in-progress but i will make this Light/Cold ranged build work

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28XBp2j