Happy Birthday to Grim Dawn!

Can’t believe it’s been a year already, but it’s true! This time in 2016, Grim Dawn was feature and content complete, released on Humble, GoG and Steam as a finished product. Thanks in part to the tremendous support and feedback from our earliest backers, our Kickstarter backers and those who joined us in Steam’s Early Access, Grim Dawn became a critically-acclaimed financial success with a 93% positive rating on Steam and an 83% reviewer rating on Metacritic. To this date, Grim Dawn has sold over 900,000 copies, a count that’s steadily rising every day.

And to commemorate this special occasion, you can enjoy a week-long 50%-off sale right here on our website!

But of course, the release was hardly the end of the line. Since then, we’ve had 8 free content updates and patches; we released the Crucible DLC, which was a Kickstarter stretch goal funded entirely by the generosity of our backers; and we started work on Grim Dawn’s first expansion.

To say that Grim Dawn has come far since its humble beginnings would be an understatement. The future is looking just as bright with the steadily growing scope of the expansion that will improve upon the already massive amount of content Grim Dawn offers:

• The next epic chapter of humanity’s struggle against the Aetherial and Chthonian invaders.
  • Two New Masteries! Including the already announced Inquisitor!
  • A level cap increase to 100!
  • The Illusion System to transform your gear’s appearance!
  • Hundreds of new items!
  • And more…

From everybody here at Crate Entertainment, we’d like to thank you for being on this journey with us and hope that you are as excited as we are for what’s still to come! And when we look back on this date another year from now, Grim Dawn will have become even more massive!

Happy birthday grim dawn ^^

and thank you devs for such a great game.

Happy birthday Grim Dawn, and big thank you to Crate for delivering such an awesome game. :slight_smile:

The green re-animator is Medierra
Grava the skeleton

That is the office’s pet devourer

and we have Zantai creepily staring with his lifeless Eye at the cake

Happy Birthday guys :p:D

It’s been great journey so far and it’s only going to get better this year.

Congrats for whatever you have achieved till now and what you will achieve in the future

Thank you guys for the game and for the cake

steals the cake

No, THANK YOU!

And happy birthday Grim Dawn

I went to check the forums at just the right time, eh?

For some reason, I feel like the game has been out for much longer than that.

Happy birthday!

Woohoo! :smiley: :rolleyes:

Dear Crate Entertainment, I’d like to thank you for everything you’ve done till now, for all your hard work. Even though I sometimes disagree with your game design decisions, and probably wasn’t always as respectful as I should had been, I deeply appreciate the amount of effort you put in Grim Dawn, as well as the way you interact with this community. Thank you, and keep up the good work! :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Birthday and I wish Grim Dawn and Crate the best, you guys deserve it for making the best ARPG since Diablo 2! I was hoping you guys would reveal the 2nd new mastery on this date im so hyped!:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday to Grim Dawn and thank you very much Crate for all the free content updates!

+1 to that. :smiley: Here’s to many more for the game and Crate Entertainment itself.

I’ve been here for seven years giving my support to you guys, watching Grim Dawn and Crate grow into something great.

I’m really happy and proud to be celebrating Grim Dawn’s first Birthday. I hope Crate has lot more success ahead so I can still be here in another seven years.

Happy birthday to Grim Dawn and also a big THANK YOU to all Crate development team for making this amazing game! You guys are the best of the best! :smiley:

Thank you for your work on the game! :slight_smile:

My Loyalist Edition is ready since May 2013. :smiley: I can’t wait for the expansion!

Happy Birthday Grim Dawn and thank YOU Crate for the hundreds of hours of entertainment! :wink:

Happy Birthday Grim Dawn ! Time is flying so fast…

Congratulations Crate, and thanks for giving us a game, that has certainly passed our expectations. :smiley:

Also nice looking sword and shield. I don’t think it is ingame yet?

Happy birthday Grim Dawn!

Happy birthday and best wishes. Now on a more negative side, I hate you Crate. I can’t stop creating new toons… :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks like one tasty cake :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy birthday Grim Dawn

Thanks to all of you at Crate for your hard work and dedication.

Is that cake one of the 2.5 summons for the new class? :rolleyes:

Happy B-day.

Thank you for your teams dedication to this amazing game. :smiley: