Happy New Year! Let's Talk V1.1.9.5/6

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions for balance at the moment due to lack of interest in breaking records, but I would like to take this opportunity to mark a few more items with uncoordinated bonuses.

1. Soulcarver
    Normal and empowered versions have + Reaping Strike, while mythical havn’t
  2. Band of Black Ice
    Normal and empowered versions have + Olexra’s Flash Freeze, while mythical havn’t.

Both of this item groups get big update in 1.1.5.0, but lost logical inheritance of bonuses.

Dear Developers :slight_smile:

What I would like to see is some more conversions to Chaosdamage for Pets, because I think that Chaosdamage is the best way to fight against the big bosses as they have mostly just a few Chaosresistance… From Acid-, Physical- or Colddamage (Or Elementaldamage). What I in detail would like to see is something like Wardens Judgement with Chaosconversion (now there is Aether conversion). Additional to this, there are not soooo many Pants for Petbuilds. Probably some more Pants for Petbuilds that are concentrating to convert everything to Chaosdamage. Furthermore… If we talk about medals there is at the moment a bit of a lag of Medals for Pet builds with features for Necromancers that in particular concentrate on Chaosdamage… At the moment I use Mythical Rotdrinker Crest and an alternative would be Wendigo Gaze. But that’s it I think. Probably I am wrong… But this is what I see right now. Ahhh yes. And like everytime. We could get more perfect on our “special” builds if we would have the chance to choose our favourite pre- & suffxes. But I have requested that in the past. So I do not do it again and again. :slight_smile: Here is my build I am talking about. I try to convert as much as I can to Chaos for Pets… Spellbinder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

And one more thing. Probably I do not understand… so then just ignore it… But what is Twin Fangs (Devotion) all about when it comes to use it with Pets? I have tried to use Twin Fangs together with my Blight Find. To be honest. I do not really see that it works… Probably It is just not enough damge converted to health… But I exprect that my Blight Find will heal like my Skeletal Servant. That Skeletal Servant heals very well on its own… I have tried to use Twin Fangs for Blight Find and expected something like the damage to Health conversion the Skeletal Servant is using. Probably that is a thing you could have an eye on :slight_smile:

So happy new year to all of you in the Community :slight_smile:

With kindest regards
FernandeZ

May I suggest focusing on bugs, potentially future-proofing the game and maybe improving FPS in a few Crucible arenas, but not messing with balance anymore? It’s worrying that campaign is not even mentioned in original post. Besides, every update carries risk of breaking something and I’m afraid at some point other projects will steal your attention leaving Grim in a bad spot.

Is something drastically wrong with the campaign to be worried about? Too many builds can viably conquer it perhaps?

1 Like

What, uh, concerns regarding the campaign do you have?

And which bugs and future proofing would you suggest we focus on? Fact that programmers do those things aside.

It just crossed my mind so I’m gonna ask:
Any thoughts / chances about reverting the nerfs to RE items from last patch. :eyes:
@Zantai

Woah, hold on. I read this as you implying to take away cold damage when the relic has had it for years. Cold/Vit is just fine. I agree that making it a movement skill would be fun but the devs were pretty adamant about limiting movement skills to runes, not items. They took away all the item skills remember?

Scourge would be great with lower CD to compete with SS. I also suggest giving the skill an arc and some crit. Imagine a CD version of Uroboruuk’s Reaping. It already has the damage but it’s limited by the 2.4s cooldown. CDR doesn’t affect item skills either. Any AA will beat it now but this will help close that power gap.

Lastly, friendly reminder that a very recent patch buffed Scourge’s frostburn and vit decay but the relic STILL does not have +%frostburn/%Vit decay damage. Seriously. :upside_down_face:

No, I just want to take away the “100% Physical to Cold conversion” that’s on the relic. It’s a rare case where a player wants to design around Cold damage, but has a lot of unconverted Physical damage that’s being wasted. As for your statement about a CD version of Urobruuk’s Reaping? We already had something like that; it was called… Urobruuk’s Reaping. Even with the +skills to Necromancer, it was hardly used - most AA abilities have enough targets and enhanced damage that there’s no reason to stop using your AA in favor of a melee nuke.

Some more suggestions that I’ve found digging through the database:
Fleshwarped Tome:
This tome converts Vitality to Aether, but thanks to various set rehauls, we already have a ton of Vitality to Aether conversion. I would recommend having global Lightning to Aether instead, as it is a rarer conversion which can be used for various conversion builds.

Grenado:
Grenado, oddly enough, has no 100% Physical to Lightning conversion in any of its items. There’s Fire to Lightning conversion but no Physical to Lightning. The natural home for that would be the Kymon’s medal.

Pet Items Feedback:
It would be nice to add Call of the Grave skill points to either Bargoll’s Core (where there’s a good amount of bonuses related to Call of the Grave) or Mythical Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips (where it’s heavily used for hybrid pet builds who want to obtain the kills necessary to summon the Bound Spirits).

Additionally, please place pet Bleeding Resistance to Wildshorn Legguards, as Cabalists are hard-pressed to find Bleeding resistance for pets, and these pants specifically are very good for Cabalist pet builds. Anything that helps lessen the necessity of rare MI affixes to cap pet Resistances is highly appreciated.

Troll Bonecrusher:
Can we remove the Lightning to Physical conversion on Savagery? This weapon is literally a carbon copy of the Avenger Mace, and once someone gets the Avenger Mace, there is no reason to use this weapon whatsoever. Without a conversion, people can run other forms of Savagery and take advantage of the nice Feral Hunger mods (Cold or Vitality savagery with that Feral Hunger mod sounds juicy).

And currently I use it exactly because of this (the physical focus and conversion) while levelling an Archon [budget build]

Please consider reverting Haunt’s ( Relic) resistance reduction nerfs. It would be most likely a nice buff for aether battlemages ( that lack active proccers and are currently not in the greatest of spots compared to other aether builds) and will most likely not be used by Spellbinders since they don’t need it extra RR and make better use of Agrivix Malice. Aether Battlemages got a big hit from this nerf and the removal of resistance reduction on Seal of Corruption.

Also, please consider removing “100% fire damage converted to x dmg to Judgment” items like the Cold conduit and Codex of Truths. It doesn’t work on Heart of Wrath and might confuse people.

2 Likes

This.

I wanted to play Chaos PB build since I first started the game, but it was always too hard. How cool does a Chaos knife spamming Witch Hunter sound? But there’s no Chaos rr, and as you correctly pointed out, item affixes consistently see conversion from Chaos to something else.

Now, how exactly to do it is another question. Giving some extra Chaos damage to Chaos PB Conduit is a good start, but I don’t really know where to get Chaos rr for a PB build, and avoiding it being abused in overpowering some other build…

The Skyfire Grenado transmuter already converts 100% Physical Damage to Lightning for 1 point.

It’s tough but you can instead make a Vitality/Chaos PB spamming WH using Rah’Zin’s set and Fang of Chthon and other items/components to get the RR. Then you can stack Chthonic Racial Damage which Rah’Zin’s already has to get your damage up. GDStash will helps with some creative affixes needed to max PB. :sunglasses:

This arcane hero is very hard to notice. More arcane fx like other such heroes will be welcomed.

3 Likes

Yes, you can encounter those human arcanes in SR aswell. They should wear purple or something atleast.

This belongs in bug reporting, not a balance discussion. :laughing:

It will be addressed in the update.

1 Like

Pumping % Phys Resist onto another set is basically a last resort solution.

In the case of Light’s Defender, I’d sooner bump its already high Armor bonuses than resort to that. Will consider adding some Armor Absorption to it though.

5 Likes

well, this may help though I think adding 4-5% phys res won’t hurt anyone. the fact is that high armor works well with medium-high phys res (so they matter both) while with low phys res it doesn’t work that good.
like, Justicar set has both %armor, %absorb and some phys res so maybe LD can get the same treatment.

there was a thread Physical Resistance to Light's Defender set about LD set some time ago and that build had whooping 3% phys res.

Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator in my GT I went for probably every source of phys res possible but it’s only 17% in the end (used to be 22 but phys res on affixes was gutted, especially the Sandstorm one that lost 6(!) of it with no compensation). that’s still kinda low for a caster that needs to facetank everything.

another two points I wanna talk about is 1) the full set skill and 2) flat to Stun Jacks.

1. the crystal summon for full LD set is kinda useless. it has low lifetime, so you can have only 2 at a time, and kinda meh damage so it’s better not to use it at all.

2. flat damage bonuses to Stun Jacks are almost absent. you have them on Harra and some on LD but that’s it, everything else is just e-cute. for a spammable skill, tho, it is better to have flat to leech from it (and the leech is also like halved because of the transmute). So I suggest to change some e-cute bonuses to SJs to flat ones (on ammy or off-hand) or add some flat to, say, that sword.

1 Like

Ah, bug addressing: Let´s not forget the very bugging freezing bug!

Balance conversation is all about Crucible and SR, but changes to items and skills affect campaign too. And I feel like this is considered a mere side-effect. Doesn’t matter if it results in power creep, weird difficulty spikes or lack of challenge. Campaign could use some updates too, e.g. in 1.1.8.0 areas or quest rewards as components became too common in 1.1.6.0.

Bugs - there are some reports coming in regularly. But for me personally - shadows on low setting don’t work correctly in many areas.

With future-proofing I mean features which would help players when community or mods are no longer available. Maybe adding conversion stats to character tab. Or moving physical resistance to 1st tab. Or some new options, like bringing back old menu backgrounds/music. Also making use of bigger screens wouldn’t hurt, i.e. on 1920x1080 monitor and default UI scale all 5 inventory bags could fit on the screen at once. Same with all 3 character tabs.

I’m not trying to ask for late Xmas presents, but Cruci/SR times shouldn’t steal all the attention. Actually I hope for Cruci to remain difficult for me to even finish.

1 Like

That’s a great idea, actually. Phys res was on the first tab in TQ, why it was moved to third tab in GD? I know that stun res is also important, but it cannot be reduced by anyone, and phys res can. And it’s insonsistent with tab contents in the first place. You get resistances to damage on the first tab, and resistance to CC effects on third tab.

edit: also remove Sleep res from that one mutator (“Slowed” I believe - or something) and third char tab since player can’t be put to sleep nor can you obtain this resistance anymore.