Help a newbie

From my experience anything physical related (Death Knight, Warlord, etc.) works well from the getgo as it doesn’t rely on items that much.

Also always had a blast leveling with transmuted Primal Strike (Vindicator, Warder) as it provides VERY good damage from early on while still being reasonably sturdy.

Vitality casters (Conjurer, Ritualist) are also insane atm. Very good defenses and still sick AoE.

My first build was a pet build which also crushed early. Just keep in mind that pet builds (Conjurer, Cabalist) are very different in style compared to other builds and you might get a completely different experience than with casters/melees. But they wreck stuff nevertheless.

whats wrong with your current build, you know how to post a grimtools link?

i don’t have a current build yet, i need to pick one before starting, that’s how i roll :frowning:

oh ok i misunderstood. Well i’d say just go through some guides and look at some youtube movies is possible to see what the action will look like.

that’s what i am currently doing, but it feels like forever and i want to start playing faster :smiley:

How viable is this build in the current meta? From what i read, looks like i’d enjoy playing it. Is there some updated guide?

use this instead, do you own all the expansions?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23qjJ4Z

1 Like

Yeah that’s a bit of an old one but looks like madlee has something pretty current here:

2 Likes

Bear in mind that apart from the beginner builds none of the guides will have levelling or devotion pathing in them. So you either figure that out yourself or ask in the relevant thread if they’d provide you with one. Also the gear is endgame and no information on stuff you can use before you start finding the gear late on.

3 Likes

and expanding on what medea said and vizix above as well… if you find yourself stuck or feeling “ineffective” then don’t by shy to post your build via GrimTools and ask for assistance (describe exactly what in the game is giving you issues too). Plenty here will help you out with advice.

1 Like

I’m building up a toon based on this build right now -
(very newb friendly info/instructions to follow)

• Honestly though, half the fun of the game is building your own toons, making mistakes, and theorycrafting etc etc.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy the game!!

2 Likes

In Grim Dawn, I am having the most fun of trying different builds, skills etc. Game also encourages replay ability. So the most important thing is to find what you like. If you stuck though, see beginners builds done by Stupid dragon, Malawiglenn or me. Or ask for help this wonderful community. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve just seen this post and thought it’d be nice to avoid creating an entirely new one for a pretty similar topic. In short, I just got back to GD after AoM and leveling 4/5 toons, including a hell of a lot of endgame farming, and am currently leveling a Warlord for some relaxing spin2win action.

Long story short, what are the new things that one should keep in mind regarding FG? Are there new secret quests/interesting stuff besides the constellations and everything? Is there any place where this information might be collected and read without having to hop, skip and jump through the various forums?

P.S. currently aiming for the beginner spin2win build that is posted in the compendium, and sir_spanskalot’s Raging Phallus build for endgame. Are they both still satisfying or have they been gimped?

Well, the various Development Updates give you some info. Start with this one and continue through the numbers.

There’s also this

And yes there’s a secret quest and an even more secret achievement for those die-hard masochistic players out there.

Much obliged!

Don’t listen to their well aimed advice’s!
Go for Belgothian Blademaster ASAP, helluva fun build!!!
And welcome to GD!!!

1 Like

Can you link it? There are several builds that pop up by that name search

Doesn’t matter, all are worthy contenders :smile:

But Belgothian is full set, so I would be cautious to suggest it although it’s one of my favorite builds.

All builds guides should be broken down like yours bro! :+1:

1 Like
1 Like