Help building Chaos Cadence character

After reading this thread MIs Worth Caring About I discovered that Chaos Cadence is apparently a thing. I thought it sounded kinda cool but I don’t have much idea about the game, much less about Chaos characters, so any help would be appreciated.

This is the best I came up with so far https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j5ervN

If it’s possible to make the build with two weapons, that would be good too, but the relics that allow dual wielding don’t seem to fit the build at all.

There are medals that allow for dual wielding as well. They’re not chaos medals, but it’s better than a relic if you want to dual wield.

Shh, I need to update that. So many changes have rolled along and the 'rona brought some reshuffled priorities.

Chaos cadence has never been awesome. Feel free to try it but be aware it’s not a premier build (just set your expectations in advance, I love oddball builds a ton so give it a shot if you want!) Look into Korvaak’s Brand or Direwolf Crest (direwolf is probably better here) for your chaos needs. At least one Chthon blade (dagger) might be advisable. It’s been a while since I’ve looked into chaos cadence, a good long while. Rahzin helps but I doubt it puts it ahead of the pack.

Yeah, I don’t expect to go super deep on SR or anything, as long as it can clear all MC content it’s fine, though of course improving it as much as possible would be better :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, dual wielding would be nice but it’s not essential. If the build would do better as Sword and Board or even 2 handed (maybe Obsidian Juggernaut would be good here?) I’m totally fine with that. It would also save me time in having to farm a shield with good affixes and all.

Without a doubt DW is the best choice here

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9RrwnZ

So something like this? But now elemental overcap isn’t good and DA is below 2800 :slightly_frowning_face:

Take a look at this. I made some changes to your last link around the augments, components, some quick gear swaps, skill and devotion. There is still room for improvement but it should give you some ideas on how to get your character going.

1 Like

That’s really helpful, thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t think ZT is worthwhile even with skill mods, since it only hits with one hand.

I am not sold on Occultist for chaos cadence. I tried Demo, but I think it’s a failure: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYkRrAV

I think the damage might be better than occultist, but phys res is abysmal when frenzied devotion is down.

Ah, wasn’t aware it worked like that on DW. It probably is worth skipping then, unfortunate as the WPS pool with it was at a perfect 100%.

I just realised you’re not getting any Vit->Chaos conversion either so Second Rite can be dropped down to 1 point. I’m so used to making Chaos casters with it that it slipped by me :sweat_smile:.

What classes give Chaos RR? I just went for witchblade because of the Rah’zin set giving Chaos RR on curse. I know demolitionist has on the mines, but I already have a demolitionist character maxed out and I’m levelling two more, wanted to use different classes and I have 0 occultist characters.

Would it be worth it to switch to Obsidian Juggernaut and max all WPS, maybe? Since Rah’Zin gives additional Chaos damage to Zolhan’s technique and all.

Demolitionist and Inquisitor by default both provide Chaos RR, however they don’t do much for raw Chaos damage without conversion from somewhere which is why pairing them with Occultist is a popular move for Chaos-based weapon users.

I personally do think Occultist is a strong pick for Chaos Cadence here though for all the raw flat damage it offers, attack speed and additional QoL on applying RR and resistances.

Juggernaut lacks attack speed so isn’t ideal. I’d be more inclined to stay as DW though, Chaos gets mammoth-tier levels of flat damage that you want to apply frequently. Same goes for Cadence as well, you want to build and apply charges for it as quickly as possible.

This is my build with Juggernaut, but I still found it a bit too fragile and slow.