Help making a little change to smash n grab

Hi,

I am playing for some while now the ‘smash n grab’ mod for grim dawn, and it has been great!

I just want to tone down the leveling, so it levels slower, faster than the original but slower than the version 1 of smash n grab.

I already find the file I need to edit: playerlevels.dbr, at the database/records/creatures of the mod, and already tried it with the notepad++, changing the really clever *(1-(playerLevel/150) to something like *0,5 or *0,75, but it has no effect in game, I imagine there is a extra step involving the asset manager, but I couldn’t for the love of my god make any sense of that :confused: even after following the tutorial on this crate forum…

Any help is immensely appreciated! I f*cking love this game and I sense that the 2 hour play to level 100 is going to diminish this love anytime now…

Again, thanks for any and all insights, Cheers!

Did you only edit the file in notepad? Because you also have to build the mod in Asset Manager.

You can do that by opening the mod in the tool and pressing from the menus at the top Build->Build (or simply F7). Asset Manager has to be set up for that to work:

1 Like

Thank you, took the time but it worked! :smiley: so damn happy