Help me to improve my poison Warlord for Callagadra

Hey everyone,

I need serious help to improve my poison retalliation warlord to be able to kill Callagadra. My best is down her to 33% ish than she starts 2 shoot me.

With Oinments and perma buffs my rezists for bleed/vitality/pierce are 70+, Physical resist 36%, armor 4300, DA nearly 3400, 67% block with 4619 damage blocked.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dJ8wAZ

This boss driving me crazy. Non of my 10 lvl 100 characters are able to down her. Tried mostly with Ghol malice Ritualist, Virtue aegis shieldbreaker, Dunefiend Derwish, Physical retalliation warlord. Most of these chars are 90-95% bis equiped.

1 Like

I never played a retaliation build, however looking at your devotions i got a few suggestions you could try.

• Get the skill “Shield Wall” from the “Targo the builder” constellation.

• you could try the constellation’s which provide damage absorption (like Ishtak or Phoenix).

• You use 2 retaliation damage types, however you only have resistence reduction for acid and don’t have any for physical.
    Perhaps using “Assassins Blade” constellation? Or try to improve the acid retaliation at the cost of physical retaliation.

Maybe using a nullify skill like “Cleansing Waters” from the Ulo constellation, might help a bit to remove her buff.

You need 70%+ phys res to feel “comfortable” tanking her. Other than abusing the bug that prevents her from spawning her pets/winds, it’s really hard to find a build that can down her without kiting. Just for kicks, try using a well rolled green shield, something like overlords bla bla of thorns. I think you could add 25% phys res just from that.

I’m curious. The classic warborn? Do you have a GT link?

I am curious about your build. I myself have a melee Cadence s&b Warlord build, that can only facetank her to a little beyond 50% of her health (non retaliation).

@jawa Thanks for sharing.

I am surprised if you can still manage to facetank her completely (with tornadoes) with that build.

This is my build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAwBjDN My ingame armor is higher due blacksmith bonus.

I also tried with Menhir’s Bulwark and Menhir’s Bastion. While i do last longer still can’t facetank her all the way.

Well i was able to get her health down to around 30-35% i believe, however at a certain point she seems to do some burst of damage. So the fight sometimes is a little inconsistent. Maybe due passives on cooldown i don’t know. I think it could be possible to tank her completely, but i don’t know where i could improve.

Yes i have that and continue to spam it.

If a Ghol Pet Ritualist can’t Kill Cally, you are doing something wrong.
If it is not a Pet build with Ghol, you are doing everything wrong.
Conclusion: Play Pet build.

Btw, for those who want to face tank cally, this thing still works: Drunken Fwuffy - Retaliation Warlord

Thanks for posting Maya. However i want my build to be a melee non retaliation build.

Someone else will have to help with that then :stuck_out_tongue:

Omg! This boss is seriously difficult hard. And perhaps impossible for melee? Except you have to play a tank?

Well if you can’t tank to long, than resort to hit and run tactics.

This. To fully facetank Calla you need a special build. Op build has literally zero sustain outside Dryad (million dollar question: how many Dryads would you need to full facetank Calla?) . And you need to heal to full between her hits every time if you want full facetank. Oa is low af which means you’ll miss her often and not heal. But most importantly Retribution must be maxed on this build. Build has close to no dmg output for that retal. Also, no Messanger of War.

I was really having a good stable fight with her. Got her hp down to 25-30% left fully facetanking. But than there were a few burst of damage in a row, and than i got killed.

Pretty strange since the only passive that kicks in, is at 50% of her hp. I was allready beyond that point.

Since you are a retal build with decent shield (when relic buff is active), have you tried adding something like Hammer and some adcth for leech? Dryad is intermittent and Giant’s probably gets activated at the start of the fight.

Or put Giant’s on Menhir’s Will so that when you are take a near death hit, you get a massive heal and regen at that point.

You probably will have to accept some kiting no matter what the tweaks, though.

I facetanked her with S&B Warborn Witchblade and almost facetanked her with modified dual-wield Belgothian Infiltrator. You actually need more OA and damage to leech something of her.

When was the last time you did that? The last time I tried one of my leechtanks against her (25% ADCTH + 300k dps), I couldn’t leech anything substantial to stay alive. Even with 75% phys resist. She is highly resistant to leech now. Also there’s that crazy cumulative damage that comes with all her pet winds + her debuffs + her attack

I think Belgothian Infiltrator kill was back in 1.1.4.1 (pretty much the same pach), here is the video.

S&B Witchblade was back in 1.1.2.5 or 1.1.3.0, it was much slower, but was basically a snoozefest..

Making Sword and Board Soldier to counter Kallagadra is super easy. Also, retaliation Warlords with Stoneguard just destroy her.

2 Likes