Help with 2-handed Melee Fire

I’m trying to create a two-handed fire melee Elementalist and would like to have Light of Empyrion to add some otherwise non-existent toughness. Usually I just copy devotions from similar builds but I can’t find any with Empyrion since the extra devotions were added with Forgotten Gods. Is there a standard two-handed melee fire devotion route you can recommend?

Full disclosure: I’m testing Barthollem’s Warmaul with it’s increased targets to Fire Strike to max Upheaval procs. Maybe nothing will come of it, but I’d like to try.

1 Like

You can check out Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) from [Feedback] Blazerush Elementalist feedback for a devotion map (has Ghoul, Phoenix and Revenant for survival).

There are other ways to get damage reduction on such builds. I wouldn’t search for it on the other side of the devotion map. For example linked build has boots with it. There is also ring augment, movement skills, amulet with aura: Search - Grim Dawn Item Database

3 Likes

This could also be useful:

Sources of Global Damage Reduction - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum

2 Likes

Haha that’s the build that got me thinking about it. I’ve never leveled an Elementalist so I’m in the process for the first time now. I have a very substantial stash from GDIA but don’t use Grim Stash cuz creating items ruins it for me, but I don’t fault anyone for using it.

I appreciate the advice for using movement skills and ring augments, I hadn’t considered those.

1 Like

I recently found this post and found it very enlightening. Thank you.

2 Likes

Neat idea.

Light of Empyrion is pretty hard to justify for fire since Red + green is so good.
For my money I like something like Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
swap hydra for either fiend or berserker (if your doing axes) or finish ghoul and take spider(if you need attack/cast speed).

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give it a whirl. I think i’ll definitely take Spider cuz the attack speed is rather low.

I know that having Savagery active grants Tenacity of the Boar’s OA increase and Storm Touched’s attack speed increase as well as Might of the Bear’s % Physical Resistance, but is the % Total Damage Modified also granted from Might of the Bear? Been busy but if that applies too, then I’ll have 48% Total Damage Modified to Upheaval which might be promising.