Sources of Global Damage Reduction

In this thread, I posted a list of all the best sources of GLOBAL damage reduction, but I thought it might be useful if it had its own thread here, since @grey-maybe 's discovery shows it to be more valuable than previously thought. Hopefully this will be useful to some.

I also expanded it a bit and added the duration.

(Skills value is at overcap, Gear value is highest level and highest possible value)

Skills value duration (Sec.)
War cry 33 5
Ulzuin’s wrath 33 3
Ill Omen 30 1
Decay 30 1
Horn of Gandar 30 5
Infernal Breath 25 3
Soulfire 25 2
Demon fire 22 3
Aura of Censure 22 1
Devotions
Light of Empyrion 24 3
Yugol 16 1
Gear
Empowered Malady 22 2
Arbiter relic 20 4
Oleron’s blood component 20 5
Rah’Zin set (% value, not flat) 20% 2
“Tyrant’s” prefix 19 3
“Of the Abyss” suffix 18 5
Cataclysm set 18 3
Mythical Visage of Black Flames (to FoI and AAR) 18 2
Fleshwarped Defender (to Judgement) 18 5
Rune of wretched desires 18 5
Myhtical Blessed torch 17 5
Mythical Lifebinder 17 2
Mythical Slugger 17 2
Hyrian’s bullwark 16 2
(Non-Mythical) Dawnbreaker set 15 3
Morgoneth set 15 2
Nightbringer 15 2
Nightshard 15 2
Lacerator girdle 15 10
Earthshater threads 15 3
Soulrend 15 3
Mythical northern Wyrm 15 3
Wilhelm’s wondrous wargem 15 4
Mythical avatar of chaos 15 1
Rune of Korvan swiftness 15 5
Rune of Ishtak’s mercy 15 5
Rune of Murmur’s kiss 15 5
Rune of the Typhoon 15 5
Rune of Ulzaad’s madness 15 5
Terror relic 14 3
Many things 12 or less

Let me know if I missed some or if some of the info is wrong.

7 Likes

Pardon? The mace has “reduced resistances”, but the set doesn’t grant any DR. Unless I’m completely stupidly blind =\

Also don’t forget Yugol devotion.

1 Like

non-Mythical version

Added, thanks!

1 Like

Oh, my bad. Always forget that some (if not most) non-myth sets provide different full set bonuses XD

2 Likes

I should take it out of the list though, as no one in their right mind would use that low level set just to get 15% DR… but for completeness’ sake I’m going to leave it and add that it’s the non-mythical version.

1 Like

Nice list!

Looks like you’re missing Demon Fire (22%) from Demo and Soulfire (25%) from Oathkeeper.

Did you decide to not include Nullification and Focused Gaze since they are restricted to specific damage types? Can’t remember if there are any other debuffs like those 2 still in the game, but I think they’re worth a special mention since they are very powerful.

Edit: Wait there are a few items that can reduce physical damage. Apparently Mythical Slugger can roll up to 42% reduced physical damage. Are we sleeping on a secret OP weapon? :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe people who only own base game could find it usefull still =)

1 Like

Added, thanks!

They are pretty powerful, but considering the reason I made this list in the first place (Grey-maybe’s finding that DR also reduces ALL incoming debuffs, including RR) I don’t think they are as relevant in the context since they probably don’t do that too.

Edit: I changed the OP’s text to specify it’s a list of global DR only, thanks :slight_smile: