Heralds of chaos

I intend to use this thread to keep collection of chaos builds. :smiley:

So be ware, we go to dark and dangerous places! :stuck_out_tongue:

=============

Warlock - chaos storm bringer

>> Grim Tools Calc <<

Damage: Chaos
Active skills: BoD, CoF, Bloody Pox, Devastation, Unleash Chaos, Nullification, Mirror of Ereoctes, Bloodthrister, Stormfire, TSS
Passive skills: Solael’s Witchfire, Possession, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven Sphere of Protection

Pros:

• Good DPS and damage
  • No green items in gear setup
  • Saves: Mirror of Ereoctes
  • Nullification & BoD
  • Maximum skill disraption resist

Cons:

• Glass build - while you can facetank trash and many heroes it won’t work against strong enemies. So the mobility is a key for victory! :wink:
  • Many skills activation buttons - piano gameplay style is not suitable for everyone
  • Lack of RR - this build doesn’t use items granting chaos RR for classes skills.

Gameplay (campaign)

Build core idea is to cast as many chaos meteors as possible.
Use Stormfire as main attack skill and TSS to activate procs from Torch and Amatok. Apply CoF and BP against your enemies to weak them. Bloody Pox is also good trigger for Eldritch Fire.

Gear setup

Mythical Clairvoyant’s Wand is used to max Devastation ranks and to boost total damage due to proc.

Mythical Clairvoyant’s Hat grants +1 to both masteries, boosts energy regen and chaos damage due to set bonus.

Mythical Chestguard of Justice is used to get more DA and armor.

Mythical Chausses of Barbaros grants us OA, DA flat bonus, HP regeneration. Battlecry proc boosts our damage as well.

Mark of Fierce Resolve is used to gain more HP, DA and resisitences.

Darkblaze Source is used to gain flat chaos damage from BoD.

Voidheart grants us chaos RR.

Mythical Blood Orb of Ch’thon is key element of the build. It grants conversion of elemental damage to chaos.

Mythical Mantle of the Black Flame is used to convert part of aether damage from Devastation to chaos.

Devotions setup

Must have devotions:

1. Amatok - one of 3 main sources for meteors

2. Torch - second source of meteors and grants OA boost

3. Dying God - to boost damage and OA

4. Solael’s Witchbalde - source of chaos RR

Reserved for updates

Yet for another possible updates

Just in case

Nice to see someone trying to build chaos caster that not using channeling skills.

I have a few questions tho, why not use newly redesigned Spark of Reality? It now coverts 54% aether to chaos plus those shoulders that you already have and we get 90% aether to chaos 100% of time. With this setup you probably wanna use Outcast secret since now it’s proc gonna be almost full chaos + it’s -3 sec CD on Devastation is really good.

It’s quite sad that you need all those tricky ways with conversions to get yourself some nice chaos skills, but I hope that with FG will bring more support for chaos casters that want to use CD based spells.

UPD

Well I didnt look at skills first, but why maxing second rite? Aside from a bit of vit resists it doesnt give you anything. Also why you even need flat dmg from BoD? You only use flat in Flame torrent and your component skill, majority of your dmg is skills and procs. Also why taking CoF? It’s only gives you -DA on enemies which is not worth for those skillpoints.

Thanks. Yes, I like to try different and not common approaches.

Ah, good finding - I missed this change in previos patch. Will test the build with it as well. :smiley: As for Outcast secret - unfortunately I have only low level epeic helm. :undecided: Ofcause it would be great to use th legendary version in this setup.

Yeah, I also hope we will get more opportunities in FG.

Actually it give us % chaos boost. If we will be able to convert vita to chaos Second Rite would be great investment. :wink:

Did you miss that procs from Amatok and Fiend also have % WD bonus? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it gives us debuffs including not only -DA, but also slow enemies, i.e. crowd control. And last but not least - to activate proc from Fiend. :wink:

It’s not giving much in terms of % plus it’s eating a lot of skillpoints. I would shift them to Maiven for more survivability

Also for more meteors you can try Blazeseer set

Do you mean something like this setup?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnRp1wN

Yeah pretty much, I personally would try this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26v1d02