Here we go again - no mp after patch 1.2.05

Same issue as after patch 1.2.03 - my friend (steam version) and i (gog version) can´t play together.
Message : You do not have the correct database-version to connect :disappointed:

gog’s fault, I would migrate to steam

Have you both verified the game files?

Updates pushed to GOG don’t need authorization, the developers can just push the update. Steam requires authorization and a process, so not sure how it’s GOG’s fault.

I would definitely migrate to Steam either way, it’s just a better platform.

Actually they do.

Interesting, I was just reading something the other day which said GOG just lets content get pushed to their servers without any checks. I believe it was a post direct towards CRATE, because CRATE seems to be unaware. I’m not certain thought. I’ll look for it.

I had no luck finding anything. I must have misread it.

otherway around, GoG does like “manual” deposit inspections, hence why it takes longer, steam is automated

Thanks, yeah I must have misread that post.

also worth to keep in mind that’s likely totally unrelated with their actual store/sale going up for release, and is more related to why patches/game updates take a little extra time to go through on GoG
the store stuff/loyalist pack not going up for sale is probably just part of their regular sale page updating mishaps

sorry for the delayed reply, i was away for some days.
the solution was as last time, we both reinstalled and now it works again.
it´s somewhat strange anyways as we didn´t have this problem the years before.

partially faulty component in the updating process? wouldn’t be the first time some players have had to verify files or reinstall after an update to get an issue fixed.