Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Anyone still playing this game?

This was a childhood favorite of mine. My older brother and I used to play hot seat all the time. Today, I decided to pick up the complete edition for 10 bucks on GoG because I learned there is still an active population of players modding the original game.

It still holds up all these years later.

//youtu.be/q43G9FTaomg

To answer your question, yes.

Running around with the artifact set that lets you raise liches instead of skeletons from fallen enemies was always fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure. From time to time I come back to the game.
I remember the times when we played with friends in “Hot Seat” mode or remotely using tools like tunngle to connecn to. :slight_smile:

My brother and I played the Pirate Cove expansion that someone made. Simultaneous turns were amazing however it tended to bug out a lot which is probably why we stopped playing awhile ago.

Love playing the Conflux faction.

I hate you for posting this. Now Im itching to play this game again cause nostalgia.:furious:

Why not to have a fun with your friends in this case? :wink:

I did play it a ton as a little boob, but after I grew up, I realized I don’t really like this game so much. I only played it a ton because it was a team game. We always played it together with friends and had tons of fun. Nowadays, I believe it’d be the same, would only play it with friends, never alone.

There is a huge online community . http://www.heroesworld.ru/ =)

I still have a pirated copy of Heroes II on CD lying around here. Never really got into the later games, even though III and V are in my steam library.

I play a couple times a year. The community is great. HOTA is the fan made expansion that is still supported. There’s even an online lobby to easily play multiplayer. Also, tournament rules to balance the game, ie: no lich artifact.

Also, HD mod is a thing. Might actually be included with HOTA download. Can’t remember.

I don’t recommend playing without HOTA and HD mod, but it is a great game regardless.

Funny as this was just released a month ago:
The Succession Wars
Combination of heroes 2 and heroes 3.

Another thing is that often the game pops up on twitch in the top 20 - 30 most watched games. A 20 years old game, that is impresive

I saw this on a list, it looks pretty awesome. I used to play both games as a kid.

What do we do if we only speak English?

Go here, as this is the english forum
Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond is the section with all the cool mods and expansions like HoTA, WoG, The Succession Wars Mod
and similar
You even have mods for other heroes games, like very good ones for heroes 5, like Heroes 5.5.

I bought the game during summer break from school when i was 16 or something. I think i have the box somwhere.

Ah cool. I think the other mod that I am primarily interested in checking out is the succession wars one.

Happy birthday, HOMM 3!

I have been playing a ton since making this thread. I am blown away by how well this game has held up to Father Time.

Necropolis ost was amazing
I recall i was also playing a fan made expansion called Wake of Gods

I miss the old necropolis when they weren’t a spider obsessed cult :frowning: