Hit a wall on Loghorrean Elite

So, long history short, I came back just a while ago, after purchasing FoG, and started leveling a dual-wielding tactician, focusing on cadence and physical damage. I managed to breeze through normal vet, and most of Elite (just some trouble with bosses, which I managed by kiting them), but I can’t for the life of me do anything against Loghorrean.

I do know that my resistances (Chaos for example) aren’t capped, that doesn’t seem to be the problem though, as I can face-tank him quite fine. The trouble comes when he starts Spawning tentacles, Tyrants and the lil’teethy chompers faster than I can kill them.

I don’t know, maybe I’m underleveled? I might need some better gear? I know I can do BoC without too much trouble, though I don’t seem to have much luck with the drops (that’s why I was rushing to Ultimate)

Any ideas? I’l lleave here my character link.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqOJ4p2

Appreciate your time guys

Definitely. Your gear is either completely outdated or does not help your build at all. I never leveled a DW ranged Tactician myself so I can’t tell what gear is good but you might wanna check out the faction traders and also make use of the loot filter.

Vitality res is low. your armor is VERY low and you have no life steal. You also have very low armor piercing on your guns, so most of your damage is physical damage still.

Here is a guide, it is a bit old but still valid for leveling https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/43913

1 Like

Your setup is suboptimal.

Try this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7GqdyV

Having negative resistances is a no go in elite.
Attributes: 5 poins in cunning & spirit, dump the rest in physique. Leave it at that until you hit lvl 100.

And yes, elite @ lvl 56 is way to low, unless you have the gear for it, which you don´t.
You rushed, so now you have no acess to faction gear (which is very good), and you are undergeared.

Also: use components in ALL slots.

Finish elite before you try ultimate, even if you can do act 1 ult, because you´ll hit a wall soon, and it will be frustrating as hell.
You can´t rush chars unless you have the gear/components to to so.

Read the guide malawiglenn posted, it pretty much covers all you need to know.

/5cents

1 Like

Does Cadence work with ranged weapons? Its a set up I have never tried, as I’m just a filthy casual as well :slight_smile:

Sorry, the negative res is because I set Ultimate Difficulty on Grim Calc, they aren’t much higher, but not negative, will check malawiglenn’s guide and your link for sure!

On faction gear, what do you mean? I’m honored (well, the one that enables writs) with Devil’s Crossing, Black Legion, Rovers and Homestead, haven’t seen a good upgrade (besides the augments for resists) is there anything that I’m missing in there?

Aside from that, any good place to level/gear up? I would guess BoC?

yes it works fine. Kinda potent since the first cadance modifier will make the bullets pierce through enemies :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have augments in guns, that is for PETS! read, it says BONUS TO ALL PETS

You should not do skeleton key dungeons in elite, waste of skeleton keys + if you cant do log you cant do BoC.

You have probably already dropped much better items but failed to identify them as upgrades.
I mean chest and legs are level 30items. Don’t be color racist, just because an item is legendary or epic does not mean it is BiS :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have FG, got to Normal and pick up the Fettan mask.

Try to craft 2xVicous spikes one in each wpn (yes auras will stack)

1 Like

Interesting ref the cadence and ranged weapons. Something to check out as I like trying out Soldier/xxx combos.

@Namiah look at the second/third tabs of the character when examining gear and look at the changes that happen in them as you check stuff out.

Deciding what is or is not an upgrade for you is the one of the hardest decisions I have in game.

Now that I think about it, one thing that helped me understand some of my toons and their abilities is GlockenGerda’s Grim Internal mod. Absolutely not required to play, but hugely beneficial to me in understanding where I am doing the most damage at any given time. plus showing what is doing the most damage to me in terms of damage types (physical, fire, etc)

Will do for sure! I’ll try to run some BoC/The faction dungeon near fort ikon (outcasts?) and see if I get any upgrades and side exp!

Ty for all the input everyone! Feel humbled, but there’s so much to learn, I love it!

1 Like

you probably missed it, but I advice you not doing BoC now. In elite, its basically waste of skeleton keys and if you cant kill Log, you will not finish BoC basically.

Oh sorry, I did! Any other good place that I can hit up on elite then? Maybe crucible? Haven’t touched much of that either

BoC is not a good idea as malawiglenn pointed out. Save your keys for Ultimate.
I’d say it’s better to level up by doing faction bounties, try to get revered status for DC, Rovers and Black Legion by the time you hit level 70 so you can use armor augments to fix your resistances.

Yes, for example Rovers faction at “honored” status offers Rhowari Guardstone which is MUCH better than the crap amulet you’re wearing atm :wink:

since you wanna buy some faction gear from Coven, you can kill beasts and also those insects outside Homestead drops mats for spikes. But basically get any chest armor and legs that have higher armor (e.g. yellow ones that you can shop), some life steal like 10%, some more attack speed and 2xvicous spikes and you should be able to kill log.

What is your faction status with Coven atm? If you can buy and use the faction shoulders and chest at level 65 that would be great
Coven Combatant’s Spaulders
Coven Combatant’s Chestguard

@malawiglenn I’m respected with Coven! I will hit those areas for sure, anything will help at this point for me, I think, will look up for those pieces!

@Volek I will check that for sure then! I might’ve missed that, sorry!

On gear, I just tend to focus on getting resistances (elemental/poison whatev) that’s why I was mainly ignoring the armor stat, which, looking at it, it’s kinda silly. Just by using some components that I had stashed, I’ve upped my bleeding and vit resists to cap, and got aether and chaos a bit higher too

ok that is great, that means that once you hit level 65 you can buy and use those items. Make sure to shop for good rolls by reseting vendor. But that is still 9 levels from now. I usually get to Coven around level 70 or so. Perhaps you do not own Forgotten Gods?

I actually do own FoG, but I haven’t touched it, from reading online (maybe they’re outdated guides?) I just went through normal vet, unlocked Covenant, and went straight to elite, without progressing Malmouth or doing FoG, should I back track?

I would. Some good gear/faction stuff in AoM and FG.

Definitely! You will need to grind experience for those factions, get movement blueprints and get the Fettan mask which will be dope for your build (basically dope for all budget builds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rltY_sXpeo8
Plus there are plenty of beast monsters there that you will get coven reputation for.
Also finish AoM, you need to get the reputation up with those factions too.

Don’t be sorry, it’s really easy to miss things as GD can be quite overwhelming.
Oh btw just noticed this was your first time posting. Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: