Holly shit that rollback...

Sad,4 builds of mine are deleted,I lose rank and 35% of my comments:undecided:,the worst is I don’t keep backups on my threads.

I feel sorry for all the content creator. Im thankful for all your hard work! Keep it going.

Gesendet von meinem ALE-L21 mit Tapatalk

I have the GT links :stuck_out_tongue:

But I don’t have the updated Beginner/Budget Guide I had made in the Fluffy Squishy thread. I mean, it is only going to take like 10 mins to re add all that stuff, but I still have to type all that and I could have eaten atleast 1 cup of ice cream in that time :cry:

It sucks, I am so sorry for the loss of the Beginner Oppressor :confused:

Suppose so, but every time I enter my password on this page my browser warns me the connection isn’t secure. I use a password manager generated random password, but still, this isn’t best practice I’m afraid.

I know who did it, it was this dude that like 3 weeks ago yelled at us for being a bunch of lazy forum elitist snobs :rolleyes:

Next week is going back,but will probably be shorter.Your beginner Sentinel is big loss for forum.Btw how is build compendium gonna work,all submissions has to be done again.No matter how bad is our situation I don’t envy Vere.

A week later people won’t even remember.
What happened won’t do any harm, besides some posters in the build section having their work ruined.
GD is not about the forums, but the game itself.
The frequent posters and long term forum users have the distorted perception that player base cares much about official forums, or that anything revolves around it in general. Which isn’t the case.

The most important aspects of this incident and conclusions are up to Crate, related to their business security (or rather lack of it).
I run two sites and two online stores, which are all secured and monitored on a daily basis. And my business and income are ridiculously small and incomparable to theirs.
It’s just inexcusable from business POV.

I for one appreciate the work that all of you build creators do.

F

I wonder if I am elitist or noob.Maybe an elite noob is correct statement:p

eehhh some might have that perception, but not all. :rolleyes:

Where was it? I still have Page 1 of your Fluffy pet page open from before the rollback. If there’s something there, I can copy/paste it to you.

I had the same thought :stuck_out_tongue:

100% agree. I used to run a BtoB online store/website and we had also daily backups of our servers. And also inexcusable to not see some official apologies from Crate (or if it’s been done somewhere, I’m inexcusable but I haven’t checked everywhere on the forums).

You mean other than the message on top of the forum, and every forum page you open?

"[i]4/30/2019 - Forums Rollback

We’ve unfortunately been forced to roll back the forums to our last available backup (18 days ago) due to an unknown person exploiting our server in order to intentionally delete our forums database.

If you created an account in the last 18 days you will need to re-register.

We are currently looking into exactly how this occurred, and going forward we intend to create backups much more frequently, to minimize data loss in the event of any future server issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience![/i]"

It’s written above all topics,sorry for the inconvenience,how you missed it?:rolleyes:

It was the 3rd post of Fluffy Squishy. This one: Link

I had written down some more stuff there.

Yes, other than a rather conventional and automatic disclaimer, that we even don’t know by whom it was written, if it was.

{All items are craftable/faction/MI drops (without affixes)}

O) Preface:

Spoiler!
Starting out, you won’t have the items and such for the builds in the first 2 posts. So this is intended to be something that might be easier to get, a stepping stone so to speak. A stepping stone that you can hopefully use to farm the items necessary for the main builds. But if you find even these items hard to acquire, fear not. There is a budget version of this budget build given right below in this post. You can use that as a stepping stone to get here.

Now once you have acquired the items, you can pick a build of your choice and respec to it. Your 2 choices are the Fluffy’s Vengeance with Full Beastcaller’s set or Birds of Bysmiel with Bysmiel’s Trinkets set. Both are viable choices that you can choose depending upon your personal preference.

O) Devotion Setup

Spoiler!
It is fairly flexible and you can take whatever route you like. But I’d suggest getting Shepherd’s Crook first for the easy powerup it provides.

Going for Assassin’s Blade and Rhowan’s Crown next is a good idea. Do note that you will have to later spec out of it since we will eventually get Manticore. You can skip Blade & Crown and instead head straight for Manticore too.

If you are wondering why the devotion setup is different from the non-budget builds, it is because this setup provides more power when you lack for items.

Devotion point allocation, step by step:

1. Put a point in Ascendant Crossroads
  2. Complete Shepherd’s Crook
  3. Buy back the point from Ascendant Crossroads
  4. Put a point in Order Crossroads
  5. Complete Assassin’s Blade
  6. Buy back the point from Order Crossroads
  7. Put a point in Eldritch Crossroads
  8. Complete Raven
  9. Complete Rhowan’s Crown
  10. Buy back the point from Eldritch Crossroads
  11. Put a point in Primordial Crossroads
  12. Complete Sailor’s Guide
  13. Put 4 points in Amatok, the Spirit of Winter and get Blizzard.
  14. Put a point in Chaos Crossroads
  15. Complete Jackal
  16. Complete Behemoth
  17. Buy back all the points from Jackal
  18. Complete Murmur, Mistress of Rumors
  19. Buy back the point from Chaos Crossroads
  20. Put a point in Order Crossroads
  21. Buy back all the points from Assassin’s Blade
  22. Buy back all the points from Rhowan’s Crown
  23. Buy back all the points from Raven
  24. Buy back the point from Order Crossroads
  25. Complete Manticore
  26. Complete Empty Throne
  27. Complete Scholar’s Light
  28. Complete Quill
  29. Put a point in Ascendant Crossroads
  30. Complete Mogdrogen the Wolf
  31. Put 5 points in Leviathan and get Whirlpool

Note: you can buy back both skill and devotion points at the Spirit Guide NPC (Found at Devil’s Crossing, Coven’s Refuge and Conclave of the Three)

O) Attribute Point Allocation

Spoiler!
Put just enough in Cunning and Spirit to equip your items. The rest in Physique. If you want to make changes to it later, you can with a Tonic of Reshaping. It is a guaranteed reward from quests (2 on each difficulty) and is also available as a random drop from Nemesis monsters and sometimes in the Crucible. I’d however suggest not wasting the ones you get from the quests and saving atleast 1 or 2 of them for the future.

O) Skill Point Allocation

Spoiler!
When leveling up, go for Familiar first, followed by Briarthorn later.

Put a single point on Hellhound for the distraction it provides. You also want a point in Curse of Frailty (or devouring swarm/Grasping Vines) early on to bind Shepherd’s Crook to.
After that, how you want to take it is entirely upto you.

If you are still unsure or overwhelmed, another way to level up is to focus entirely on the Occultist side at first and then move on to Shaman. But if you are going for this, then max out Hellhound after Familiar using the points that would have otherwise gone to Briarthorn.

Also keep in mind that a single point in Ember_Claw/Ground_Slam is necessary to make Hound/Briar hold aggro.

O) Item Choices While Leveling Up

Spoiler!
This one is a bit tricky in that you will have to make do with the best you get. But in general, anything that improves pet stats is obviously good.
Anything that provides extra pets is also good. A special mention to Salazar’s Sovereign Blade that you can farm pretty early on.
Also keep an eye out for things that give +# to skills. Like for example, Empowered Essence of Beronath is a craftable amulet that provides +1 to all skills.
Another important thing is Resistances. Try to keep them near or above 80. Other than that, just equip the best you get.
Do note that things like Offensive Ability, LifeSteal, Block etc are useless for us.

Try to get your faction reputation up so that you can get the faction items from their respective vendors. Craftable items require you to find their blueprints first, but you might come across them from random vendors. Then it is just a matter of getting the materials necessary and crafting them at your favourite Blacksmith. The rest are MI or Monster Infrequents, basically loot drops from specific enemies. They could drop with certain affixes and if you get lucky, you could get a really good one. But the build isn’t reliant on specific affixes or any at all, so don’t worry too much about that.

Also keep an eye out for Components and Augments to put in your items. They can make quite alot of difference.

As for Crafting, you will need to find the blueprints of the items first and then gather the required materials and then craft them at a blacksmith. The other option is to get someone who already has the blue prints to craft them for you, if you don’t mind the online/trading aspects of GrimDawn.

A notable NPC is the vendor from Ancient Grove, Vinelton. He can be found in the Feral Thicket and sells the blueprints for a lot of useful items, inlcuding the Blueprint for Beastcaller’s Cowl.

Oh and, Relic choice is extremely Flexible. Meaning, you can go for whatever you have or want and still do fine.
Some good choices are: Mogdrogen’s Ardor, Bysmiel’s Domination, Dirge of Arkovia, Primal Instinct, Ancestor. Hysteria relic can be considered as the poor man’s choice if you don’t have anything else. The Blueprint for it can be bought at Homestead.

Ancestor in particular deserves a mention for being pretty good for starting out and being rather easy to get. The blueprint can be purchased from the Hyram, the Rare Goods vendor in Steelcap District (unlocked after some of the Malmouth Resistance faction side quests). He can also sell the blueprint for Haunt which is required to make Ancestor. The blueprint for Mistborn talisman (also required to make Ancestor) can be found from the Troll boss at the end of the Smuggler’s Passage.

O) Faction Choices

Spoiler!
Ally yourself with The Outcast (Anasteria) and with Barrowholm
You have very little reason to side against Anasteria and you don’t have much of a choice with Barrowholm if you want to make the best of pet builds.

Kymon’s Chosen vs Death’s Vigil is your choice.
You can go with any of the Witch God Cults as choosing one does not lock you out of the other two.

O) How to use the “Pet Attack” Command

Spoiler!
If you are using the pet attack command, remember to first click on the ground near the enemy you want them to focus and then on the enemy unit itself. What it does is make your Familiars move close to the enemy and then attack, which inturn makes all their projectiles hit the same enemy creating a “shotgun” effect for more damage.

O) Some general Tips on Crucible

Spoiler!

1. Pick Crucible of the Dead. It is the best map choice for us.
  2. Place the Vanguard banner in Bottom-Left corner. Skip this part if you don’t use banners.
  3. Get your blessings. Skip this part too if you don’t use blessings.
  4. Camp the Bottom-Left Spawn. Most of the things that you want dead ASAP, spawn here.
  5. On wave 154, kill Kubacabra first if playing with blessings & banner. If not, then take care to avoid his blood pools and you may want to focus on other bosses first and leave him for last.
  6. On wave 159, always kill Sentinel first. He is the one that causes the most problems for pet builds.
  7. On wave 161, head to Top-Right Spawn and kill the Healers that spawn here. If Aleksander comes to you before you can kill them, then quickly run to the Bottom-Left Spawn and fight and kill him there. It will take a while for the healers to get there, so you should have plenty of time.
  8. On wave 163, head to Top-Left and then lure the spawns to Mid if playing with Banner or just fight and kill them at their spawn if not. While fighting the 3 Bosses in the middle, remember to take out the Healers first. Otherwise they will heal the Bosses quite alot, making the wave last too long.
  9. On wave 167, head to Top-Left and kill the boss’s first form ASAP. Try to take out his second form before wave 168 starts for an easier time.
  10. On wave 169, stay within the banner radius and focus Theodin/Korvaak first. If playing without banner, then take care to not lose your pets to Anasteria. You may need to use the pet attack command a bit to reposition your pets and to make them focus on a particular enemy. Here the important point is to kill Theodin/Korvaak before wave 170, meaning you need to kill both their forms ASAP. Otherwise, you will have to face their second form along with whatever spawns on the next wave.
  11. On wave 170, go back to Bottom-Left and kill whatever spawns there. Then just kill the other 3 however you want. Just take care not to die to Aleksander’s Aether meteors to the face.
  12. Collect your loot, speak to Lokarr and go for round 2.

o) Rashalga, the Mad Queen: Take care not to get too close to her when she glows red. Ideally you want a pet between you and her so that they can tank her projectiles for you. She is a special case due to being one of the non nemesis bosses that can kill you in the blink of an eye if you are careless.

o) Kubacabra: Don’t stand or make your pets stand in his blood pools if playing without blessings/banner. You can use the Pet Attack Command to move them out of the blood pools.

o) Grava’Thul: Don’t stand in his Chaos pools. And try not to stand there letting him wail on you either, so kite if you have to. He is high up there on your list of things you want dead fast and is easily one of the most dangerous Nemesis Boss out there. So take care with this one. If he fires his slow moving tracking projectile at you, you can kite it around obstacles/pets to make it hit them and not you.

o) Aleksander: Destroy his Aether Crystal formations using Pet Attack Command to focus them down. They both lower your Aether Resistance and your pet damage. So, not good. If you can’t for whatever reason, destroy them fast enough, kite him away from them and then fight. Also, be wary of his teleporting nature. He can sneak up on you and kill you really fast due to the Shotgunning nature of his projectiles. Another thing to note is his Aether Meteor attack. You can seek refuge under Archs/Overhangs or near Pillars as they will often hit the environment and not you. But that is not always an option or a good idea. So the other thing you can do is to keep running. That way, he will cast his meteor a bit infront of you in the direction you are moving in. Once you spot the Meteor, simply move backwards or to the sides and you will avoid it.

o) Reaper of the Lost: Try to avoid his projectiles as they slow you. Also you want to focus him over the ghosts he summons. Pet attack command helps here too. Just remember that both the Reaper and his summons Slow you and Lower your resistances. And once that happens, he hits like a truck and so do other bosses. Do not underestimate him. Some kiting may be necessary/advised.

o) Benn’Jahr: This is a Nemesis boss that can surprisingly ruin your day. It is a slow moving wall that can cover the ground in mines and Trap you with its skill, making you easier for everything else to kill. Try to stay as far away from him and other dangerous bosses as much as you can. Save the Movement/Teleport skill from your Medal Augment for when he traps you, as it will still work while you are trapped. It is often a good idea to kite the faster Nemesis bosses away from him since he is slow and will take some time to catch upto you. And while the most dangerous thing about him is how easily he can set you up to be killed by other bosses, he himself is not exactly a pushover. His attacks can pack a punch if you get hit by them. So try not to.

o) Moosilauke: He isn’t really much of a threat unless you get really close to him. However, take care not to get hit by the projectiles that his Ice Crystals fire as they can freeze you. Normally it won’t be a problem, but if you are playing without blessings, that can easily end in your death since if you are Frozen solid, you can’t kite stuff.

o) The Iron Maiden: The biggest problem with this one is her Stun, and the fact that she heals herself and regenerates her health once her hp falls below a certain point. Then you have to kill her before she heals up back again. I tend to leave her for last because of that. Either you need to stay within a certain distance of her to avoid her charging at you and stunning you, or you can just keep running and try to use the environment and obstacles to your advantage to disrupt her pathing a bit. Ofcourse, with high enough Stun Resist, she becomes nothing more than a minor annoyance.

o) Fabius: This one is a bit weird. He can be either a complete pushover, or a major pain in the rear depending upon a lot of variables. Best thing you can do is to keep moving and use your Movement/Teleport skill if he focuses on you and you are slowed/trapped etc. His various means of Slowing you down is probably the most annoying thing about him as it lets everything else have an easier time killing you.

o) Valdaran/Zantarin: The reason why these two are grouped together is because they pose pretty much no threat to us. Just let your pets kill them. Also they are kind of at the last of the list of things you want dead fast. So don’t waste your time trying to focus them down before the rest. The other Nemesis Bosses are of much higher priority.

o) Kaisan: Treat him like Grava’Thul. In other words, he is something that you want dead as soon as possible. There isn’t really much of a trick or anything here. Just kill him before he ends up overwhelming you.

O) Transmuting Set Items

Spoiler!
Forgotten Gods expansion introduced a new mechanic called “Transmute” that is available at the Inventor NPC once you complete The Tome of Eanatum quest for Kargon at the Conclave of the Three. Once the quest is completed all Inventor NPCs are able to exchange one piece of an item set for another random piece of the same set for a cost. If you manage to acquire the Blueprint for Mythical Beastcaller’s Cowl and have the necessary materials in abundance, you could theoretically get the Entire Mythical Beastcaller Set by making enough Helmets and then using the Transmute feature to turn them into other parts of the set. By no means is it cheap and can be quite expensive, but if you can get the complete set, it will be quite powerful. So, that is an option if you are not having much luck with Legendaries.

O) Other Stuff

I can’t think of anything else right now, but if I do, I will update this.

o_0

If I could kiss you through the screen, I would. Thank you for this, that is exactly what I was looking for :smiley:

Sorry for the spam, forum wouldn’t let me send a PM… you just need to re-add the spoiler tags, Maya.