Honey as food

Hey,

Just a suggestion. At the moment honey is not used for food, which I feel like is a missed opportunity.

Can we get it added into the market as food?

2 Likes

In real life 1 teaspoon of honey is recommended per day. Over that can have some side effects. I have not tested this on myself though, so it is just a theory. But i don’t think the small amount of honey can feed the people. It should make them happier though.

Oh yeah, the player would need to scale it and it would probably be a luxury item.

It is definitely an edible item that has been used throughout history.

1 Like

향신료처럼 사치품으로서의 꿀이 맞다고 생각합니다. 옛날에 꿀을 식량처럼 많이 먹을 수 없었기 때문이고 제가 전에 먼저 제안한 사안입니다.

1 Like

It was mentioned previously by Zantai that a Tier 2 bakery might be in the works. It was originally slated for the v0.9.2 release, but didn’t make the cut. This could be where honey as a food source comes into play. While historically people haven’t eaten honey as a stand alone food source since prehistoric times, it has throughout history been used as a sweetener in teas and foods in various nations. With honey, flour, and eggs, a Tier 2 bakery could offer a new luxury food type, such as pastries, pies, and cakes, as was suggested by @PixiePopRocks in the post Pastries and Pies, oh my!. This could also incorporate berries, fruits from orchards, nuts, or other specific ingredients for specific foods, although not sure Crate wants to get that specific. :wink:

I would guess that a logistical concern with this might be how it impacts other foods. After all, we have different vegetables, different meats, but we’re not overly concerned about whether the villagers are eating roast venison with green beans, a beef, carrot, and turnip stew, or a chicken and mushroom soup. So going down the path of creating specific foods may be something far more complicated than at first it seems. But just a general “Tier 2 bakery will use flour, eggs, honey, and berries to make a luxury food” could work.

Still like the idea of adding honey to the food chain though. :smiley:

Cheers

That would make sense.

Honestly, I would love a tier 2 and 3 of every building in the game really, but that is obviously a ton of dev and design work. Although it can just be sold as a solo item for combination with other foods like how spices are used.

Mostly just want to get honey into the market place. It just keeps taking space in my storage and merchants rarely want it.

honey tea / honey sweetened drinks