Pastries and Pies, oh my!

So, we have flour, fruit, honey and meat. It would make sense, and be quite medieval to have your bakeries be able to make a few things other than bread. Pies - both fruit and meat and maybe pastries? It would allow some other ways for fruit to be used other than raw or preserved, too.

3 Likes

i second this

There was talk previously of a Tier 2 bakery, and it was even mentioned in the early notes about what was coming in V0.9.2. But during the live stream, it was confirmed that it didn’t make it into this patch. That could be where pastries and pies fit in.

These could be both basic food types like meat pies, requiring meat, herbs, water, and flour, or even additional luxury goods likes pastries and tarts (using fruits, honey, eggs, flour, and at a really high tier even spices).

At a later date, I’d love to see this even tied into the shrines/cathedral for seasonal holiday foods. Think of something along the lines of fruit and nut cakes in winter for a temporary entertainment buff.

Overall, really like the idea.

Cheers

1 Like

I love the idea of festivals with special food and decorations! Maybe even a ‘town square’ for festival goers. The idea of putting herbs and or spices into special food makes sense as well. I have enjoyed playing this game so much in the month or so I’ve been doing so.

Maybe eventually we can get vinyards and wine making, too? Or mead? The brewers could make more than beer, perhaps?

Wines, spirits, festivals, minstrels, and more have all been suggested in the past. Here’s a link to a post I put up a little while back with links in it to some of those posts.

Wine, Spirits, Spirituality, and other little things

Cheers