How can I improve my FW Warlord?

Hello!

I’ve been cruising through shattered realm on my Forcewave Warlord but I’ve hit a roadblock at SR60. It takes ages to kill hero monsters and especially bosses and my DPS just feels too low. According to the guide I followed, this build should have an easy time farming 75-76 but my damage felt quite low from around SR40 so I replaced the relic with Doom and some components/augments for DPS. I found that there was a big difference in my survivability as well between the 50s and 60 (just the bosses). I’m not sure how to improve my build to where I can get noticeable DPS and survivability improvements (especially damage). Any suggestions would help.

Build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zByAk2

My resistances are all overcapped between 25-40 with buffs (except pierce) and OA reaches 2.5k. Forcewave DPS is 147k in character screen.

Thoughts?

On another note, at SR60 I met a boss called Shattered Soul that totally kicked my ass. The other bosses were just boring because I could tank them and just spam for a few minutes. This fellow had such a crazy high damage with the ice rocks falling from the sky and little projectiles that he would throw at me. I couldn’t find any information on him online. Is there a resource that lists his information?

you can remove one point from oleron you can not have 23/12

Alkamos hater build has “cunning dump” which means he only use physique to wear gear (after bonus from veterancy) so you need to respect attributes with the potion

after that, just matter of using ugdenbog leather instead of antivenom salves, etc also seal of blades for life steal later too

Black matriarch ring is very good for the RR proc :slight_smile:

Thanks, didn’t realize ugdenbog was a buffed version of salves (still new to the game). However if I lose seal of blades, I’d lose some DPS which is the main issue. Apart from Black Matriarch is there anything I can do for a decent DPS boost?

As for Alkamos’s stats, wow I didn’t even notice the build in the guide used cunning, thanks for pointing that out. I’m laughing at myself right now.

You have to remember, there’s always an ‘X’ and ‘Y’ trade-off between DPS and RR. Obviously you want both, but it took me a while to figure out how important RR is at endgame. I know, I’m a doofus.

The cunning dump Ulvar mentioned will give more dps, both on +% physical damage and more OA which means more crits, your OA is pretty low at only 2.5k, look at Alkamos build, he has more than 3k.

I’m surprised you have trouble at SR 60 with that build, Alkamos is a well known builder and he pushed it pretty high (to SR 100 or so IIRC), even if the monsters had armored mutator you shouldn’t be having that much trouble at SR 60 :thinking:

Yes, I’m going to test the cunning dump asap. I believe that should do the trick. I don’t have a Black Matriarch at the moment but I’ll look for one as well. Not so sure about seal of blades as the DPS drop is significant but I’ll make the switch if survivability becomes a blocking issue after the adjustments. Right now it’s manageable and not the primary concern.

Your devotions are different from his, too. You don’t have ghoulish hunger which is a great circuit breaker nor tip the scales. Tip the scales + changing your belt to gladiator distinction for the vitality conversion should improve your sustain significantly.

2 Likes

how can there be considerable dps difference using seal of blades instead of seal of might? Seal of might flat physical damage will be eaten by almost any trash mobs armor anyway :slight_smile:

Hmm, maybe I overestimated, I’ll have to test. I just noticed I need presence of might aura to overcap my resists though. Anyway, the life leech difference between his build and mine is only 2% because I have the life leech provided by the scales constellation. Hopefully that isn’t a huge difference in the later levels.

You’re 1 devotion point short of ghoul proc, bear proc and scales proc. If you don’t want to follow exactly the guide’s devotion path, I would advise to give up scales completely, add 1 point in each ghoul and bear, plus you’re left with 4 extra points you can spend however you like (finish ghoul and spend 3 in wendigo for example).