How do people feel about 100% MI drop rates? ( + drop rates in general + loot filter)

Cronley dungeon will fix that in incoming exp… I hope :pray:

I don’t want yellow monsters to have high MI drop chance, because I hate when I enter an area in campaign and keep seeing the same item over and over. It’s like RNG got stuck and couldn’t draw anything more exciting.

1 Like

I think just for cronley’s dungeon this change should be made, not other monsters/areas

I like it much better now. Those who prefer to grind for hours/days still can do so because of prefixes and affixes.

1 Like

I think the drop rates in general are borderline ridiculous.
I don’t know how someone can look at one random totem fight dropping like 8 blues, 2 legendaries and 9001 greens and think it’s a good idea.
Used to play back in 2019 and remember doing nemesis runs and the skeleton key dungeons just to maybe get a chance of seeing one or two legendaries per run. It made it mean something once it did drop. Now I barely even look at legendaries, let alone blues or greens, and honestly it’s made my desire to play kinda plummet.

2 Likes

Try farming ascendant cowl in Malmouth with any good pet affix. I’d bet your desire to play will go right back up!

1 Like

Target Torraxsteria. Should drop one almost every time you kill it and only has a couple spawn points.

If every MI had something like this, I wouldn’t be complaining, but there are some that only drop as random drops from random yellow monsters and the drop-rate is low enough that they basically don’t exist until Ultimate.

I had to clear Cronley’s Lair 12 times to get 1 (one) Ascended Casque on a previous character. That isn’t feasible.

bounty only hero spawn
so you’d have to fish bounties first
then on top she only gets 7.5% drop chance ( you might be mixing up the 50% drop chance sceptre with the pet helmet Spraynerb mentioned?)

I just spent all of 5 seconds to get the bounty (it was the third one).

Ran around Crown Hill 3 times (Killed Torraxsteria 3 times) and ended up with 7 Ascended Cowls. 2 had pet affixes, Dominator’s and of Caged Souls. Torraxsteria didn’t drop any of them, which kinda makes my point from above.

In Ultimate you can find the items you need, but good luck getting those helmets in normal.

what? you just said she didn’t drop them, which was my point - and you said you’d get one almost every time from her @_@
which means it doesn’t matter trying to farm her specifically; you just need to run crownhill/malmouth human trash champs

^this mention then doesn’t make sense by your own confirmation just now; since she didn’t drop it… ?

which was what makes the whole mention of torraxsteria weird? since she only has 7.5% drop chance of it, and you thus wont get it almost everytime from her… the chance is just farming regular drops… “which is the issue for this MI(and some others) - Torraxsteria doesn’t help that issue” @_@

Yeah, but my point above that was that some items are extremely hard to get unless they’re on a boss.

Yeah, that was my bad. I think I was thinking of Valaxsteria, but either way I didn’t check and was incorrect.

Torraxsteria helps, but doesn’t fix it. She’s another chance for the drop and 7.5% or whatever the chance is is better than 0% which is what you would get by not killing her.

I still think drop rates for non-boss MIs are stupid low and kinda don’t care about the 100% boss drop rates.

1 Like

I think people who want less than 100% drop rates are either masochists or just don’t like the idea in concept but haven’t actually tried to farm a decent MI for a build.

At 100% it still takes me 2-5 hours of grinding the same single beeline route with 3-8 second boss/nemesis kill time to get 2 minimally acceptable affixes for ONE MI. Heaven forbid your build has 2 plus nemesis pants, your farming build is slower, you like to play multiple toons with MIs, you’re going for specific affixes, or you’re going for the still astronomically low chances of getting a useful triple rare.

4 Likes

Agree with the statement about non-boss MIs. Regarding the ascendant cowl – 3 runs of Crown Hill (one with Torraxsteria) and exacly zero ascendant cowls. Lots and lots of ascendant sources and ascendant conduits (exactly the items that Hyram sells – probably because they drop so frequently :slight_smile: ). Certainly having boss MIs with 100% drop is beneficial given the stinginess of the game with certain non-boss MIs. Anybody who has a complaint about that is welcome to go on a tour of Crown Hill or Candle District for ascendant cowls. I am convinced they will get over their aversion to 100% boss MI drops.

1 Like

all those greens are MIs, every 10 levels, once the items got out of date, i re-farmed them, and with a 100% chance drop rate, there was no reason to pick up any other items in the game, in those slots
(the MI on the top right of the first picture is gutworm, it got cut off in the edit)

1 Like

Any build can finish a campaign with a little common sense, do you want to know how good your build is? perform SR, crucible and kill super bosses

Play this game long enough before this drop rate got updated and you will understand why having 100% MI drop rate will not mean you will have MI items in stash. It was a welcome and necessary move to give MI drops some level of sanity in pursuit of those affixes. Because MI items are never about the item itself, but the level and type of affixes. And people would like to see at least a couple of double rare MI that they can actually use before they die or the universe ends.

Reducing the drop rates will bring another multiplier to an already extremely low drop rate. MIs were insanely annoying to farm. And they still are. Don’t worry.

1 Like

absolute nonsense :man_facepalming:
MIs are literally picked because of their base stats; Not because of level and affixes - why; because otherwise commons or craftables would be exactly as good
What makes MIs so good is their guaranteed base stats, and ofc more specifically modifiers for the slots that bring modifiers.
No one is farming gollus ring because it can be lvl 94 or get XY affix; but because it has a regen base and or certain +skills.
No one is farming Solael legs because it can get a phys res prefix; but because it has XY base res and lifesteal
You aren’t farming the RE medal on an RE build because it might give you 50% vit dmg on an affix; but because it reduces the cooldown by a huge chunk
etc etc etc…

1 Like

Riiight. I’d like to see how many MI you have shared in your stash, or you even use when levelling your characters.

easy example: guess how many good levelling builds utilize MIs these days

as for my own; i usually use even more since i know how/where to obtain them and like to level meme builds, like fire ABB using ugdenbog rifle+vilgazor necklace and ilgor medal +solael legs and ofc viloth rings for extra points

like i said, it’s literally the simplest of concepts; if all you cared about was the affixes; you could use commons or craftables and it would be the same or even better (since craftables get bonuses too ofc)
The reason MIs are chosen is always because they bring us a base bonus that is good to a build, be it during levelling or end - and ofc the modifiers can be straight up build defining or rival or be better than legends (if they didn’t have those modifiers on certain slots you’d see lot less MI use “as was the case prior to patch 1.1.5”)

???
The first thing many people do while leveling is grab whatever MIs buff their chosen skill with item modifiers. It’s literally the best way to level. MI is always chosen for base stats whether its +skills or mods