How do people feel about 100% MI drop rates? ( + drop rates in general + loot filter)

Agree with the statement about non-boss MIs. Regarding the ascendant cowl – 3 runs of Crown Hill (one with Torraxsteria) and exacly zero ascendant cowls. Lots and lots of ascendant sources and ascendant conduits (exactly the items that Hyram sells – probably because they drop so frequently :slight_smile: ). Certainly having boss MIs with 100% drop is beneficial given the stinginess of the game with certain non-boss MIs. Anybody who has a complaint about that is welcome to go on a tour of Crown Hill or Candle District for ascendant cowls. I am convinced they will get over their aversion to 100% boss MI drops.

1 Like

all those greens are MIs, every 10 levels, once the items got out of date, i re-farmed them, and with a 100% chance drop rate, there was no reason to pick up any other items in the game, in those slots
(the MI on the top right of the first picture is gutworm, it got cut off in the edit)

1 Like

Any build can finish a campaign with a little common sense, do you want to know how good your build is? perform SR, crucible and kill super bosses

Play this game long enough before this drop rate got updated and you will understand why having 100% MI drop rate will not mean you will have MI items in stash. It was a welcome and necessary move to give MI drops some level of sanity in pursuit of those affixes. Because MI items are never about the item itself, but the level and type of affixes. And people would like to see at least a couple of double rare MI that they can actually use before they die or the universe ends.

Reducing the drop rates will bring another multiplier to an already extremely low drop rate. MIs were insanely annoying to farm. And they still are. Don’t worry.

1 Like

absolute nonsense :man_facepalming:
MIs are literally picked because of their base stats; Not because of level and affixes - why; because otherwise commons or craftables would be exactly as good
What makes MIs so good is their guaranteed base stats, and ofc more specifically modifiers for the slots that bring modifiers.
No one is farming gollus ring because it can be lvl 94 or get XY affix; but because it has a regen base and or certain +skills.
No one is farming Solael legs because it can get a phys res prefix; but because it has XY base res and lifesteal
You aren’t farming the RE medal on an RE build because it might give you 50% vit dmg on an affix; but because it reduces the cooldown by a huge chunk
etc etc etc…

1 Like

Riiight. I’d like to see how many MI you have shared in your stash, or you even use when levelling your characters.

easy example: guess how many good levelling builds utilize MIs these days

as for my own; i usually use even more since i know how/where to obtain them and like to level meme builds, like fire ABB using ugdenbog rifle+vilgazor necklace and ilgor medal +solael legs and ofc viloth rings for extra points

like i said, it’s literally the simplest of concepts; if all you cared about was the affixes; you could use commons or craftables and it would be the same or even better (since craftables get bonuses too ofc)
The reason MIs are chosen is always because they bring us a base bonus that is good to a build, be it during levelling or end - and ofc the modifiers can be straight up build defining or rival or be better than legends (if they didn’t have those modifiers on certain slots you’d see lot less MI use “as was the case prior to patch 1.1.5”)

???
The first thing many people do while leveling is grab whatever MIs buff their chosen skill with item modifiers. It’s literally the best way to level. MI is always chosen for base stats whether its +skills or mods