How to Cabalist Today?

Hello

I didnt play for ~2 years and came back to the game this week. So far I cleared the normal campaign following dragons beginner dervish, lots of fun :smiley:.

Now I have the urge to try my dark caster again. Back than I think I was following nightmares cabalist build till lvl60 and this does not seem quite up to fate.

From what I’ve read so far, cabalist was nerfed heavily, is this still correct?

Should I reskill him to Pets or Vita, and what are the best/most useful guides or builds to follow?

Thank you

Edit: Some more questions and current Grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JkvM0V

• Possession or HoS… I couldn’t find an answer when to use which one. Except, HoS is better if the build lacks cast speed or uses Bone Harvest.

• I’d like to use Sigil of Consumption. The builds I looked at mostly used it in combination with vulguur set. Is this skill viable with the Dark one set? Since this one is target farmable, I guess this will be my first endgame setup.

Edit 2: Rolling with this one for now, no sigil though … https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m6j1nV from [1.1.4.2-1.1.6.2] Completion of Holy Trinity - Dark One Cabalist -150-170 / SR 75 viable

I wouldn’t let Cabalist nerfs discourage you. Some of the extremely high performance builds might have lost their punch, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t strong anymore. There are also plenty of other builds that aren’t as noticeably affected.

It looks like you are currently using Ravenous Earth. I would go Possession, since the leech and speed on HoS doesn’t affect Ravenous Earth. You should farm a Bonespike (or two) and Basilisk Crest to help you level and farm. Even with mediocre affixes, they would be a big improvement over your current items.

3 Likes

HoS mainly benefits if you’re using skills with weapon damage for the extra flat and adcth, on caster cabalist I’ll pick HoS if I’m lacking casting speed when using Drain Essence, other Cabalist main damage skill needs more cooldown reduction than casting speed. So, if your build not having much benefit with HoS just go with Possession for it’s damage absorb and skill disrupt resist if playing with drain essence.

1 Like