How to manage the loot?

Yes, if you use cloud saving it’s 50 max. For local saves it’s pretty much unlimited.

Just use a storage tool like GDStash or Grim Dawn Item Assistant. Much easier than having mules all over the place.

1 Like

Hmm… Good question. I have 16 Stash Characters so far. All have all available inventory slots. And most of them are full. I prepare one Stash Character per item type. An item type is a belt for instance. Or a one handed ranged weapon… For some item types I already had to create a second Stash Character. For trousers for instance.

Fast way to get the stash character:

1. Buy Savior’s Merit in Conclave of the three with a Character that is already end game
  2. Exchange money to iron bars (again in the conclave of the three) with the character mentioned in point 1
  3. Start a new game with a new character and finish the first quest (kill Kyzogg in Burial Hill Cave) so that you can enter the the inside of devils crossing
  4. “Consum” Savior’s Merit
  5. Port to Conclave of the three and exchange the iron bars to money. You need something around 500k to unlock all inventory slots, I think

After these 5 steps your Stash Character is finished.

If you send us a Grim Tools link for your build we could help you a little bit with some assumptions :slight_smile:

What is conclave of the tree ? I actually havn’t finished the game with my main characters

The Start town of the expansion Forgotten Gods. See here:

Ok thanks mate, about that, I saw the first monster here are level 25 so my question is, Should I mix my progression between the main acts and FG ?

I have a last question at the moment about the loot, I saw on the forum that some people are talking about runs like step of torment, etc and said that they get like 9 legendaries in 8 runs, I did 1 run in step of torment and don’t get legendaries at all so legendaries are not available in normal difficulty ?

Monsters need to be L50 or higher for Legendaries to start dropping. You won’t see them before that level.

Plus they are considerably rarer on Normal/Veteran difficulties even if you are in range.

Monsters in FG will scale up with your levels, so you can come back to them after base/AoM.

As for the original question about the loot: just do whatever is fun to you at the moment.
Need money - sell everything.
Tired of picking up - just leave them on the ground.
Not sure if something’s good - pick up and take a look later.
Any strategy we give you is bad if you find it boring.

To decide which item is better you’ll have to learn what all those numbers mean. Then you’ll understand why your character has any problems and which numbers will help.

2 Likes

Bingo. That’s why it’s something I always say you can’t really give a “good” answer too - every build is different and every build is going to want different things. Plus during actual leveling the needs can fluctuate at various stages of your development as well.

You simply need to familiarize yourself with the game enough to know what you want. Eventually you will do that, just “know”.

Ok, I understand what you mean cuz I’m actually around Homestead and I understood that I needed a lot of aether resistance for this stage, I saw somewhere in the forum that resistance was better than damages, I dont know if it’s right for levelling but actually I one shoted monsters with my wind devil and stormbox So I will focus myself on the resistance I think

Resistances are important for mitigating damage. On Normal they certainly help but they aren’t what you would call “paramount”. You can get by without absolutely needing them, in most scenarios anyway.

What you probably read about actually was RR, or resistance reduction, which IS important on higher difficulties and can increase your damage output.

In both cases these are things you don’t need to worry about at such an early stage. Still, it doesn’t hurt to improve your resistances. Worry about RR later tho.

If you wish to learn about the games deeper mechanics then I would advise downloading the pdf guide that Nery put together here: Mechanics Guide

1 Like

I will, thanks

1 Like
  • You should cap all your resistances but if you can’t focus on what your opponents does. If you’re up against chtontics you need the most chaos, vitality and fire. If you fight act 5 and plants/Wendigo maniacs - poison, bleeding, vitality etc. But everywhere you can encounter one or two monsters that will do different damage than the others like electrifying plant doing lightning damage .

• Damage vs RR. Your goal is to take all possible sources of - RR, one source of flat and if you can one source of % RR. % damage is important for every build, flat damage if you are playing build with 100% + Weapon damage. Mind that early on gear % damage is scaling pretty bad, so take care of resistances and OA/DA first. When damage yields more benefits, then focus on gear with your damage type. Especially true higher levels, when you have access to components and augments to help you with resistances.

Read this one as well: Guide on Game Mechanics for Beginners by You-Know-Who

Are you kidding me? He went and put up a pdf after all that?

I did to torment him for eternity.

Ah… was gunna say. Had to re-read that like 3 times to realize what you meant lol

If you really want to get legendaries etc. I would highly recommend to play in Ultimate. You will get very often legendaries in Ultimate when farming Totems. I can confirm this. Sometimes 3 per Totem.
But this is not the case in Normal/Elite. So you see that the drop chance will change by a higher gamemode (Ultimate).

What are u calling totem ?

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Monster_Totems

1 Like