Howl of Mogdrogen vs Nature's Guardian's

Which is better for petmancers? One of them gives flat damage and flat oa with damage absorption, other one gives inhuman speed and good chunk of oa.

What do you think?

Dying God + Nature Guardian

Howl of Mog

With pet assigned damage devotion.

Is there a better one?

The answers are really disappointing because;

1-There are many factors involved while getting these constellations. Thus while on the way getting them, not only their specific bonuses but also the constellations you get on the way must be also considered. Thus there is always better because in every way you get different stats!

2-Most useless answer is “Dying God’s crit damage really shines if you have a lot of pet OA, and Mogdrogen’s OA shines if you have a lot of crit damage already”. If you can get them easily then would i be asking? The answer itself is contradictory. It is like saying if you have dying god then go for mog or if you howl then go for dying god. Most of the items give oa or crit damage in a close amount anyway. So ‘if you have’ something more than other thing saying is nonsense. At the end, every stat you have is almost close.. Also, what you get with what you can get is determinate factor.

3-Someone did the math but i can’t find the post. At the end, total speed is the dps winner of all other traits ( unless your oa sucks big time). Especially if you assign ‘damage spell’ devotions to pets with no cooldown. .

4-There is a new player in town : “Nature’s Guardian”. I didn’t see many topics about that.

Poll added

Maybe read this thread for more info.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56385

Kinda tangential to the question, but you can easily get 2 of the 3.

So I say it depends on what you need, and for you to alter the devotion pathing accordingly.

mog is for bleeders. It’s hard to advise you on this. It’s like saying Vire vs Spear of the heavens.

DG is good for many builds but again, there is no “vs” in this

There’s no way you can answer this question with a simple “which is better”. There are so many factors. Dying God’s crit damage really shines if you have a lot of pet OA, and Mogdrogen’s OA shines if you have a lot of crit damage already. Ishtak gives the most defensive bonuses by far, and you can’t do any damage if you’re dead. Pick the devotion based on what you think your build lacks (crit damage, OA, or survivability?) and you can always use a tonic of clarity to test them all to see which works best for your build.

The main advantage of DG is that you can get TD in, thus refreshing long CD hard hitters like Primal spirit or low hp pets like skeletons, or pet buff spells in general. There, this is the main argument:)

The answers are really disappointing because;

1-There are many factors involved while getting these constellations. Thus while on the way getting them, not only their specific bonuses but also the constellations you get on the way must be also considered. Thus there is always better because in every way you get different stats!

2-Most useless answer is “Dying God’s crit damage really shines if you have a lot of pet OA, and Mogdrogen’s OA shines if you have a lot of crit damage already”. If you can get them easily then would i be asking? The answer itself is contradictory. It is like saying if you have dying god then go for mog or if you howl then go for dying god. Most of the items give oa or crit damage in a close amount anyway. So ‘if you have’ something more than other thing saying is nonsense. At the end, every stat you have is almost close.. Also, what you get with what you can get is determinate factor.

3-Someone did the math but i can’t find the post. At the end, total speed is the dps winner of all other traits ( unless your oa sucks big time). Especially if you assign ‘damage spell’ devotions to pets with no cooldown. .

4-There is a new player in town : “Nature’s Guardian”. I didn’t see many topics about that.

Woah there tiger. Take it easy, fireball. We are all trying to help here. No need to get all riled up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, everyone is essentially echoing what you’re saying which is it depends on what YOU the player already have, and what YOU as the player prioritize.

If you aren’t a binder, I would go for ishtak personally because I value defense. If I were a binder, I would get aeons/DG for resummons and MoT/Mirror chaining.

But that build itself involves insane amounts of button mashing. You can also get Ishtak/DG as a binder to have 14s of invulnerability every 14s (assuming you chain it perfectly).

And if you are using the shaman class in pet builds, I can totally see how mog would be the better choice. Especially if you go for a hybrid caster/summoner build.

So again, too many variables, too little facts.

Dying God + Nature Guardian

With pet assigned damage devotion.

Is there a better one?

Again, mate. You don’t have any items on this link. I can’t really assess it without looking at your stats like hp pool, resists, OA/DA values, etc.

You can rework the devotion to get fiend and watchtower as well, while keeping DG/Ishtak/Tree.

If you have a shield, getting stoneform is also incredible as it gives you and your pets 400 damage absorption.

So, I don’t really know how to answer you. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. You completely forgot shepherd’s crook. Can also be squeezed in.

Good catch. Shepherd call is a must. But it is hard to squeeze it in without compromising many other good stuff.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aOYwBZ

Left you 5 devotion points. You can decide between tree or fiend or whatever.

Cant get TOL with any damage devotion with this setup. Also need last point of DG too =)

Exactly! This is where items come in I suppose. If you have touch of the everliving grove in in your glove slot, then go for damage!

If you’re using something like overlord’s grips then go for Tree!

I can’t give my accurate opinion when you don’t paint paint a full picture.

P.S. If you’re fine on DA and pierce resists, then by all means, switch watchtower to bull. But I find that unlikely.
P.P.S If you snag the last node in DG with this set up, you can still get ToL’s proc.

Plot twist, you can have both:)

Idk why you are dissapointed. I think you are splitting hairs too much.

One has loads of speed and one has loads of % crit, both being amazing on pets. And one is very defensive.

If you read shiv’s guides he goes for DG for reasons already stated

“You can get both”… you mean howl + dg? I know but compromises on the way justifies the cooldowns? =)

I dunno man. Shiv’s guide involves PURE damage on pets, and revolves around a ‘fuck and chuck’ mindset.

If my pets die, I’ll just summon new ones. Who needs hp on them?

So with that in mind, he went for aeon’s + CDR, thereby ignoring other tier 3’s like ToL.

But it seems to me you’re leaning towards Ishtak/DG. And at the risk of coming across as repetitive, even with my setup, you can get Fiend, and shift the point in crossroads over to DG for that last node. Alternatively, you can get Tree for more defense and better energy management.

What do you need man?

For example, if I went for Fiend/DG/Ishtak - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GpywXV

Yes, and at the time, it’s the best way if you want to do actual damage. Anything else and you take very long to kill stuff.

It’s either that or ishtak.

Not sure what ‘fuck and chuck’ is but if it means ballz to the walls then i’m sure i do it with some chars as well, ie: Belgo BM ,as I curriently play without war cry and 40 cunning invetment in 150+ crucible

Sometimes reckelss abandon is best way

Are you surprised you got a vague answer from a vague question? At the time I answered, you had no grimtools link, no classes listed, no examples of pets or items you wanted to use, or anything detailed.

I’m using Ishtak on my pet build, and I regularly see crit multiplers approaching 3.0 without having to use Dying God. The flat OA on Nature’s Guatdians is nice, but the flat physical damage isn’t useful for my build specifically because I use the Occultist ravens. I needed some damage absorb, a defensive proc, and defensive stats, so that’s why I went for Ishtak. I’ve had better success in the crucible using Ishtak on my raven build compared to the other 2 devotions, but again, this will change depending on which pets you’re using or if you have a circuit breaker like Mark of Torment. I also use a shield, so I wanted to get the Obelisk proc as well for maximum survivability. Bard’s Harp also gives flat OA to your pets in an AoE, so you can pick that up too if you’re going for Ishtak.

That’s the most specific answer I can give, using my own Gladiator 170 summoner experience as a guide.