I have stopped playing Grim Dawn completely; because

same goes with Grim Dawn, you download GDStash and create the items you want, why farm them? Well, perhaps some people like to play legit and farm? Finding your own stuff is a very rewarding feeling.

You have a very toxic approach to computer game I would say, by suggesting that you should fool people

TL2 was awful. Worst itemization out of all arpgā€™s iā€™ve played. When i got a unique i was like ā€œSeriously? This thing has 2% higher crit chance and little higher base damage, cool.ā€ In d2 you basically had to trade to get the cool stuff because youā€™re never gonna get all those high runes to drop by yourself. Well at least not before they buffed their drop rates in some later patch or something. But still, you get the point.

What i like about gd is that you can make most things work without bis items, at least to some degree. But when you finally get that upgrade youā€™ve been looking for, it feels great and powerful even if you think you were doing well before.

Maybe you should figure out a build that is less dependent on certain set/uniques. Trust me there are plenty of builds like that out there.

Two very enlightening words for you, my friendā€¦

GET GOOD

I just wanna add, that if you play certain areas in ultimate (I am not sure for elite but it should be the case after hitting level 50. Please correct me if I am wrong), youā€™ll get a guaranteed legendary in the end from a chest.
And you can farm them as often as you like. Youā€™ll most likely find many other legendaries and MIs along your way.

and also that some quest rewards are legendary items

To be fair i was playing on closed servers on every new ladder.

Would you mind sharing some data? Like what place/target you run, average run time and average # legs per run?

uh, if this is your best to worst list, you disqualify yourself by it :wink:

A little old now butā€¦ relevant.

Farming Compendium [Statistics]
Farming Compendium 2 [Statistics]

Sighā€¦cā€™mon guys - different folks, different strokes.

If the bro in the OP doesnā€™t like GD, he doesnā€™t like GD.

@Lumokeyek: I do wish to add this though - Before critiquing a game, why donā€™t you analyze its target market?

Which for GD, as Iā€™ve mentioned earlier in this thread, is that of experienced RPG players looking to have a challenging single player experience.

With that in mind, it makes sense for rewards to be found most amply at the hardest levels of the game.

So going back to the OPā€¦

I have no idea what what difficulty Lumokeyek is playing on, but there is absolutely no way heā€™s playing it on ultimate if heā€™s getting nothing ā€˜even after [farming] challenge dungeons a billion times.ā€™

My guess is that his toon is too weak to enter ultimate levels, and heā€™s attributing his failure to a lack of items.

Most people are reluctant to turn the critical eye of introspection unto themselves to look for personal failures, thus it makes sense to me for him to RQ.

Which, btw, is totally cool. It just means GD isnā€™t his cup of tea, and I wish the bro all the best.

Now going to BadDragon Kitty: In all honesty, if farming is such a bfd in the first place, join the ranks of us filthy GDstashers. Boom. Problem solved.

If that is too cheaty for you, then Iā€™m 100% certain players here will be willing to sell you their items if youā€™re willing to pay for them just like how you would on D2JSP (which I assume is with cash).

If it isnā€™t with cash, we have a very active trading forum here, and most veterans will be willing to trade purples for crafting mats.

Item acquisition isnā€™t an issue at all if youā€™re willing to branch out of 100% legit self-found which, if your post is anything to go by, you are.

Thanks, about 10 legs/hour is what I get aswell. That is a full inventory tab, I was thinking he meant a full stash page.

Too fat, sir. Its so fat, so fat, how did you even managed to do it, and not break any breakables around you?

Ancient Grove poops with legendaries as heck for me. But like I said, I just often get one page of legendaries, not all the time.

GD loot: wellā€¦ I can see how the OP can get discouraged. My opinions on its loot evolved over time.

1. At start I was pissed at reward design as I seriously never got one legendary or blue quest reward that added to my first toon through all three difficulties. I thought that was pretty poor design for a story rpg; too much rng in quests alone.

2. Ultimate starts to get very item-heavy where items begin to overshadow skills. Depending on how you set your goals, this can be all about rng.

3. True, getting most of the items is not bad with farming, but there are a few purples (perless eyes, etc) that Iā€™ve never seen in maybe 100+ roguelikes and hundreds of nemesis. So that rng could get to you depending on your goals.

4. The game is essentially single player, yet the most common build advice is ā€œtradeā€. So the game is single but item-reliant on multiplayer? Thatā€™s fairly contradictory.
    I think some builders and GDstashers tend to lose touch with the needed amount of grind components (ie, frozen hearts) and certainly Blueprint rng.
    To be fair, though, lately the philosophy has gotten better for guides.

5. In fact now, I kind of miss PoEs loot - where you had to keep improving gear each league and never really got top stuff unless you traded an arm and a leg. (PoE is multiplayerā€¦so fundamental trading makes sense there). After a bit of play GD = bamā€¦top gear now.
    So even though both games spreadsheet, GD does it with top gear with a gear library.

6. There can be a lot of focus on very small part of the game (cruici 170). It is what it is. However, the gear definitely dominates thoughts here and can send a daunting message to casuals.

TLDR: GD gear has its flaws. Both with rng and access. I get where OP is coming from.

This game is D2 level of fun!!!----Personal Opinion.:p:p
I stopped playing it for 2 months cuz I joined a startup and have no freaking time now.:cry::cry:
I will spend 3 days to play my pet builds once the expansion launchs!!:cool::cool:

Yeah, to me Grim Dawn (AoM) is what Diablo III should have been. Grim Dawn is THE successor to Diablo II I think.

I did not play D2 for three months, Grim Dawn just caught me completely! Been playing for about 4 months now, about 600 hours.

Forgotten gods HYPE

I wanted to take a break until FG is released, but then i started playing hc. Few hundred hours later 2 characters are dead at 90s but two are alive an kicking. I even dropped full warborn set. Iā€™m farming roguelike like thereā€™s no tomorrow and 3k hrs are around the cornerā€¦

I think FG is attempting to address the self-found issue with the set-item-converter feature thing.

Rouge likes are a pretty good way to farm.

So too is crucy (assuming you have that add-on)

P.S. I think crucy 170 is focused on a lot because successful gladiators will be successful in MC.

Always the problem with going with builds on the forums, all them typically require special gear you will NOT be seeing anytime soon (if at all). A few years in playing, ZERO great purple for my builds, much less complete sets.

I still get frustrated with my builds (pets). My eye/hand ordination not so good anymore. The most frustrating is trying to figure out what really works and what doesnā€™t.

Like guns, for example, they seem pathetically stupid to me. 1/2 damage of melee really. Most of the time, you have to shoot 20-50+ times just to kill ONE monster, much less bosses. Gotta be a tank, or one heck of a kiter. But being a kiter with guns = worthless and zero damage by you, spending all your time running.

Eh no? Get good