I have stopped playing Grim Dawn completely; because

Guns are insanely good. Especially with the purifier. You just need to use a class which specializes using ranged weapons.

Currently, most top tier builds are ranged simply because of the stupidly overpowered interaction between inqui-WPS, firestrike, and brimstone.

Don’t even get me started on the dagallon pistols.

Nope. Melee. :smiley:

Really???

Dagallon purifier doe. :eek:

Just joking :slight_smile:
But, jokes aside, what’s the clear time of double dagallon puri? Iirc current top clear time belongs to summoner. RoH and Devastation are next to it

I suppose you’re right now that I think about it.

Clear time is 8:55 - 9:20 unbannered.

Could be faster, but for some reason my spec has an attack speed of 190% and not 200% like that shown on grimtools and I can’t figure out why. :eek:

Grimtool doubledip IAS from ranged expertise.

I’m in the minority of regulars in this forum that thinks GD’s vanilla drop rates are too stingy. I was actually at the end of my rope as well, until I installed a mod to buff drop rates. It gave the game new life for me.

OP, before you give up and quit, consider trying the “just loot” version of this mod. I don’t recommend the full mod because I think the huge XP and shrine point buffs is too OP.

Be advised however that even with the mod installed, although you will end up with much better drops than vanilla, you will still likely need to make a trade now and then to find specific items if you’re shooting for the most powerful builds. Good news there is that because of the mod, you’ll be more likely to actually have a lot of items people want to trade for.

But drops from this mod would not be considered “legit” so I am not sure people want to trade with others who are using drop enhancer.

Stop caring about having this and that item, you can still make good builds with the stuff you find along the way.

LOL. To be fair “Magic Find” was an essential mechanics in D2. If I recollect you needed at least 180% MF if you were serious about it.

Also you could gear your Hireling with MF, which is another factor.

Note to OP: Magic Find in Grim Dawn? Zantai said no if I remember. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you dont get any drops, it could be because you accidentally switched on the loot filter, so you dont show green or higher. And especially if you are farming dungeons a billion times. Which would take a really long time. And still receive nothing? Not even yellow items?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Haha, I did that once. I was in a boss fight, and there was too much loot all over the ground. I couldn’t see anything.
In the heat of battle, I upped the loot filter so I could only see components.
I was disappointed when the boss dropped nothing but a couple components. It took me a couple hours of slaying things before I really wondered why I was getting no loot save components…

yes 180% MF give +104% chance of unique item drops, effectively increasing drop rates of those items with a factor of 2.

One does not need the MF mechanic in GD, drops are (too) good here

I am glad we have no MF in GD, it is an awful stat for a game to have. Kill things faster to find more items, do not give me a separate stat for it.

I like it, because it offers the player a choice if you wanna go for speed or high MF, or a balance of it. But in GD there are soo many more things to balance so by adding another stat (to a game were drop rates are already insane good) is not needed

MF mechanics in D2 were the biggest bamboozle ever. If an item had 1 in million drop chance, a stupid hammerdin (hated those mother**king cookie cutters) with an inventory full 6% mf charms and total mf% at ~200% would drop it 3 times in million drops. So basically never. D2 hugely relied on trading and drop chances were fking abysmall. That’s why it was flooded with farming boots who ran Kurast docks/Mephisto 24/7, people had like dozens of bots farming at all time.

I will never understand this mentality. We already have a billion items that have a dozen RNG elements to them, why the devil do you want it to be harder to get the items you need? Further, why do you need everyone to have a harder time of things just to satisfy your masochism? Make a mod if you’re so hot for extra grinding and let the rest of us get geared at a rate that also allows for a life away from the screen.

Were it me making the loot system, I’d make the variables way tighter (no more than say e.g. 3% on resistances and 10% of damage) and make the vendors in the roguelikes have random legendaries for sale.

I think it’s fun and ok for other games to have magic find mechanics. But GD doesn’t have to have them to have the itemization and loot hunt fun.

Another example of a mechanic we don’t have but in sacred 2 they had both magic find modifiers on items and also increased visibility mods on items of radius on the map. Doesn’t fit in the Grim Dawn maps but Sacred 2 was a grind areas forever game and grind grind grind with also boss but the visibility radius you could find compact trash mobs to speedy kill or you find more champions per minute thus get more loot/xp which the loot you find might have more mods you like or more sockets to put modifiers in.

In conclusion there are many creative ideas that can be fun to loot hunt but one particular game does not have to have all of the ideas from every different game.

Loot comes often enough in GD.

But the kicker is the lazy rng design of what you get - from restricted lists to just pure random? …luck out of an insanely large list… (i’m starting to wonder just how random it actually is)

I’ve got maybe 30 or 40 of some legs and still miss a few rings, ammys, and stuff (not BPs). That’s very diablo-like rng…but years later you’d think some better distribution system could be imagined.

I basically stopped looking for stuff anymore : after such effort I realized that

it’s frequently said that the meaning of craziness is doing likewise again and again and expecting an alternate result.

is pretty accurate where GD loot design is concerned.

If you think your solution of “just make a mod for it” works to solve his problems, the reciprocal is also true. If you want an easier time just make a mod for it, or don’t, there are already various mods and 3rd party programas to help you with that. Why do you need to dumb down the game for everyone just to satisfy yourself?

Can´t argue with that, then again, that´s the nature of the beast. You are playing an ARPG, this is what you get. On the flipside of that, one can´t really complain about not getting decent loot. Everyone can complete the main quest line self found (not even including faction items here). Period.
GD really starts to shine when you invest more time in farming/grinding, no doubt, but again: ARPG.

:rolleyes: