I have too much gold and nothing to do with it

I kinda cracked the system;

1. Letting my people work hard on iron ore or some other thing that I don’t really need - extra clothes, candles, etc…

2. Keep selling it in the market

3. do nothing with it other than upgrading the main buildings.

I would love to use it somehow to improve the quality of life of my people… maybe guilds? professional training for loggers, hunters, and farmers?

maybe decorating more of my city? I want to show my riches, but the only way to show that is by expanding, which is very limiting inside city walls.

I want to be able to spend it on something that will change the looks and life of my people, maybe more services like the rat catcher? turning on street lights? hire more people for market and compost?

Would love to hear your thoughts and solutions.

1 Like

The gold economy in the next patch has been rebalanced to make it harder to get rich so easily.

Most decorations cost gold, so you could decorate in and around your town if you want it to feel rich and lush.

Late historically Medieval Gold Sinks other than massive Cathedrals included:

Guild Halls, Town Halls, Rathaus ornamental and imposing secular structures

Tower/Building-mounted Clocks complete with gear-driven puppets, dioramas, playlets, etc.

Specialized Market/Trade facilities like Butter Markets, Stock Markets, or (non-European) Caravanserais and Bazaars.

After the invention of geometric truss structures for wooden buildings, massive Warehouses and Meeting Halls taking advantage of the now-possible large, open floor plans.

Big stone bridges, large enough to put Buildings on them, with elaborate Gate Houses to control access to one or both sides of the bridge.

• The game could use any or all of the above to buff up the Upper Tiers of play, because right now the late game seems rather lame. Adding in the possibility of constructing some kind of Apex Ornamental/Monumental Structure like a Town Hall, or Grand Bazaar, or Great Ratsburg Bridge, or even a Grand Residence would make a nice End-Point for the game. Right now, after a certain point, one seems to have built everything buildable on a given map, and there’s nothing left to do but try to do it all over again with one eye closed . . .
1 Like

Step 1… pick spot in wall. Demolish spot.

Step 2… build gate in that spot.

Step 3… build new walled section on other side of that gate.

Step 4… be amazed as you realize you weren’t as limited as you thought.

1 Like

Am I missing the point of how to show the riches of my city here?

There’s already a whole thread dedicated to showing your “riches”…

Settlement Showcase - Share your creations!

…other than that, it’s still early access. Surely you realize there is more to come? It’s pretty much a given that at some point you’re gunna have plenty of things to throw your money at. Let 'em work - there’s a whole 'nuther tier they have to add to the game yet plus who knows what else they may decide to cram in after that.

Naturally you can always spitball ideas and you might get lucky and see something you suggested sneak in - wouldn’t be the first time Crate has added user ideas into one of their games. Won’t be the last either, I’m sure.

I thought I did that. But thank you for your feedback @powbam, I will try to improve.

I sure hope so. I already showed you one way you could improve where you thought you couldn’t.

In fairness you have identified something in the current build that is getting significantly revised in the next patch, so you’re noticing and giving feedback on a helpful kind of thing.

2 Likes

glad to help, ofc feel free to ignore any feedback, its just my initial thoughts of me playing the game for 20 hours :slight_smile:

I came to the forum to find out how to get gold & find this thread. How did you acquire so much gold @RatCatcher?

1 Like

I too have followed a similar tactic of mass producing certain items for large gold yields (pottery, candles, etc.). I think there’s room for extra citizen specialization as mentioned, and I think water related buildings are also an avenue with lots of potential.

Think aqueducts, irrigation, baths/shower houses and other general population and utility enhancements.

1 Like

I think they are going to change it soon, but anyhow, keep selling pottery, or just metal, beer, and grain. collect a lot, keep stocking your market, and always sell all of it.

Quite fast you will reach 10k and more. Also, make sure that you delegate your village to create those items of course.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.