I was warned and the masses were right

And that’s acceptable since it’s not pre-determined or biased. It’s just like in the real life, pure randomness. Even if there are micro-complex reasons behind them we can not perceive them because we’re not the Laplace’s Devil so we accept it as pure luck. A recent example, a person goes out and never follow any rule of the pandemic never got sick, another man stayed 3 months in home, went for the groceries and got sick. It’s just luck, same as rng when you simplify it. That’s why it’s good for everyone. When you can’t find an item, you certainly find another item which is searched by another player 1k hours but also got your aimed item. Fair? No, but life isn’t fait either. This makes GD valuable.

Then I guess I’m not any player. Because that doesn’t interest me in the slightest. Sure if I find better gear I’m happy, but farming for god knows how long for something - forget it. I’ll make do with what I find/buy along the way. Or GDStash it. :wink:

I had a funny/hypocritical thought, that undermine my previous argument.

I don’t consider looking up a quest on the wiki, as cheating. I was having trouble figuring out how to start “The Hidden Path”, and after hours of looking in all the wrong places, I finally looked it up.

That’s not cheating to me, even though an argument could easily be made for the opposite.

kukuhimanpr’s reply explains it better then I ever could.

No you’re just not hack & slash player, maybe more an mmorpg player since their gears are more fixed. And how the hell you find any gear without farming? Even while testing a GDstashed build in SR/Cru you get loot at the end and that counts as farming or you just ignore every loot since you can gdstash them anyway?

Never played an MMORPG and never will.

I don’t call getting drops as I play through the game farming. Farming to me is running SoT over and over again to get the boss’s MI at the end. Hunting a Nemesis over and over for their MI. Running the same thing over and over in hopes of getting a Legendary.

I farmed Stonebinder’s Cuffs in TQ and also Ferrus Gnosi armour and that was it. Re-running things over and over drives me nuts after about 5 minutes so farming as described is not something I do.

Good explaination, this is basically the essence of Grim Dawn. Devs made it this way, they could just basically increase the loot chance, made a npc for MI’s in different places which consist a lot of different rolled versions of it, but no they developed it different. They wanted that people spend their time while searching/farming stuff. You can use GDstash as it suits you, and your style; you’re free but when it comes to the definition and the aspects of the game; GDstashing isn’t one of them and never will be, it’s just a fan made tool to make it easier, less time-consuming etc. And it’s okay, some people have less time to play than others, so they can create a 100 level char instead of spending 20 hours to level. But the objective/purpose of the game stays still, which is hack & slash.

Do you know what am I doing right now? I respecd a existing 100 level build of mine to a different damage type, now just leveling it’s devotions and farming ugdenblooms at the same time. I spent a lot of mats/bits while doing it, lost some items to get their components etc. Is it efficient? No. But it’s the way.

Oh this is a flashback! Game Genie I used a few times, generally in games I didn’t care about and just wanted to see the ending. I think your right about it changing your view of the game. I don’t use GDstash I just collect all of the items and store them on alt’s and storage. I think that plaing a game with macros and pressing 1 button to do everything is borderline cheating, and really takes away the skill from the managing your skills and streamlining builds. I say borderline because I do realize that useing macros makes the combos possible and hence the problem, people no longer have an option to use macros, they must use them! Because the people who have the loudest voice use them all the time and don’t take that into consideration before speaking! No problem with people using them or cheating as long as people say that before they comment so that everyone knows why they think that.

Again I’m not condoning one way or the other. I seriously couldn’t give two shits what some else does, but what you described in that first paragraph is exactly what you described not liking in the second paragraph. Last time I checked changing what you can do in any of those, especially the two I bolded, is definitely “unachievable with legit play.”

What the heck? It’s your decision to play this way. She just told she doesn’t do it. Me neither.

Can you quote them on that?

Okay, so my :sob: story.

I decided to get it and see what it was all about. I wasn’t going to use it, I just let my curiosity get the better of me. I wanted to compare it to my memory of the Jamella D2 Editor. I was able to download it no problem. However, it took me a while to figure out how to configure the damn thing. That alone should have been a red flag. Once I did that, I couldn’t figure out how to use it. Another red flag I ignored. To me it was not user friendly at all, unlike the Jamella D2 Editor from way back in the day. Again, going by my memory.

So I decided to watch a video. I watched most of it to get an idea. No problem. I messed with for a bit and decided to take a break and eat some food. As I was eating my food I thought of it as a separate game to see all the different goodies that the game had to offer without having to mess around with GrimTools. Basically something to do when I take a break from mob blasting and don’t have to rely on the internet.

When I came back, I couldn’t even load the dang thing. I got stuck with an error message that wouldn’t go away. It didn’t matter if I clicked okay or the x in the upper right hand portion of the box. It would chime and then reappear. Hmmm. So I decided it was a sign not to mess with hit. BAD JUJU! A little late huh? So I restarted my computer and deleted it and all its companion files. No problems right? Back to mob blasting?

NOPE! My transfer stash was gone. The lower half of the first tab was new Legendaries I was going to place on my alts for safe keeping. So that was mildly annoying. I am sure I will get those items back. Also, it’s not like I could use any of them right away. Still annoying though. Now, for some reason I had a thought to check my illusionist.

90% of my illusions were GONE!!! Granted the are only illusions, but each one of those illusions is a piece of gaming history, all the goodies I have collected since the beginning of June this year. It feels like a part of my game is missing.

Obviously I got off easy, it could have been a whole lot worse and it would have been all my fault. Still, again, annoying.

:ambulance::dash: <------ The Waaabulance full of QQ!

Edit: I lost all my transfer stash tabs too. So I had to buy them all over again. Yeah, it’s only iron bits and I had a ton. Still, again, annoying. I just hope this is the extent of the damage. It’s only minor, but for the time being some steam was lost in the interest of the game.

Quite the story, but none of this is the tool’s fault. Sounds like you used cloud save and that screwed you over.

Assuming you did edit the transfer stash and illusions with the tool (no idea if you managed, doesn’t really sound like it…), the fact that cloud save ate them would have been recoverable.

In general it is a good idea to stay away from tools you do not figure out how to use.

1 Like

GDstash allowed me, and other builders, to make several guides that helped a lot of legit players. If not for this tool, i wouldn’t have been around for long.

Nobody forces you to use cheats. You’ve been given an opportunity, it’s up to you to use it wisely.

In playing videogames? There is none, why do you have to ask?

3 Likes

And? I also told it’s okay, everyone is free and I can’t judge anyone unless they brag about gdstashed things in public places? Did you read just one post? Nevertheless, it’s just a civilized debate, there are no insult to any individual choice so you can calm down. No one need defending except GDstash unless you’re saying that I have no right to analyse other people preferences? The thread is about gathering people’s opinion about GDstash. I’m not saying it is a crime to use but only expressing that it is againts the game’s soul. You can use it freely aswell.

Thr game itself is enough proof and ofc I can search all thread to pick up Z’s lines about feedbacks/patch ideas/making things easier etc. No need, I’m sure they are happy about all this modding, because? Well it made a lot of customers happy and created some diversity and freedom. But when you examine the game itself, they really didn’t want people to get/reach things fast and easy. And they mostly reject the suggestions that will make things too easy/too strong/too common which I respect a lot. It’s just simple as that.

I guess I’m gonna have to explain the difference.

Modding; you change the whole game rules, classes everything. Is it possible to make like fire damage too OP becauae you like it? Yeah sure, lower the fire resists of monster etc. Want a new class which is too good? Sure. But, anyone who use this mod will acknowledge the changes and accept is as the modded-game’s rules/mechanism. It’s their choice, there are other mods and they can easily pick more balanced one etc. It also depends on the modder; they can be just and fair while altering gears, skills etc. It’s simple anyone who uses any mod perceives it as a new game with different limitations so they act accordingly in the game.

GDstashing: It breaks the limits/mechanics only for you. It allows you to bend game’s rules only for you without balancing the whole game. Mechanics are same, it just gives you to opportunity to ignore them etc. Like modding only for yourself to become stronger,faster etc. Which are unobtainable with just playing the game. Yes you can use it wisely too, without exagration sure. But you can also do unachievable things right?

So no, supporting modding and not supporting GDstash is not contradictory. Although as I said before, when you let first, the other is inevitable so it just harsh truth for me. Although all this typing isn’t about saying GDstash is the SATAN lol. I’m just talking about the hack & slash’s main objectives/aims here.

It is about the reasons people explained to why they use GDstash and to how they use it mostly includes of time-waste, hardships of farming and rng.

They have free will so they can do whatever they want.
This is a thread about this particular matter
And I’m also free to express my ideas on the matter and on the people’s own reasons.
So I’m just saying it all againts the game’s soul.
But a whole modding of the game creates a new soul with modificated features so anyone who uses it accepts all these new changes at the beginning.

I hope I made it more clear this time. Cheers.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Again, I don’t care. If you’re happy with your concept of the two being different, that’s great. Enjoy it how you want. Other people can be happy with their concept of the two and enjoy it for what they want. See, the great thing about an offline, primarily solo game, is you can play the game entirely how you want.

It’s a game, if you feel the need to debate someone’s choices, and tell them to calm down when they analyze yours, perhaps it’s not being so civil? We get it, your answer is the true way, the right way. That’s great. Moving on now.

^ Aye, as Nery said, been using GDStash since AoM released. My only legit char was back in vanilla. I still enjoy the game and am excited to see what the new patches will bring.

I will add that the reason why I don’t feel bored or anything with the game even now, could be because I mostly played it for the story and for the puzzle of making new builds. And given that I still haven’t even tackled non pet builds, I have enough stuff to keep me entertained for atleast another year or so :blush:

Also I have never made chars that you couldn’t get legit. So no 9999 stats, or all skills, or all devotions or anything like that. I just don’t like to grind for loot or repeating the same story on each of my chars through all the difficulties (merits help, but still).

As for my opinion on GDStash itself, I would say it is incredibly valuable for anyone who wants to try experimenting with making their own builds. Pet Battlemage wouldn’t exist without GDStash :3

2 Likes

I don’t use GDStash or dup items, but that’s not for anyone else’s sake or how they view me. It’s for my own personal enjoyment. When I take a build that I developed, using gear that I farmed, and accomplish some of the game’s greatest challenges that’s satisfying to me. I will share those moments because if I can do it, then others can also. I’ve taken two largely self-developed characters to SR 65+, working on a third and just got a double rare MI that gave me a starting point for a fourth, something I was not expecting at all but that intrigues me with the possibilities. That sense of discovery and even anticipation is what I don’t want to lose.

If I load up a template build off of the forum and know exactly what she’s going to be able to do, then it’s a chance to work on my own skills, because I should be able to do the same or better. That has a place in my thinking also.

I use GDStash for 3 things when it comes to “cheating”.

1. If I get an absolutely garbage rolled Legendary or Epic that I want to use. Then I will open Stash, fill a page entirely with copies of the said item and then pick at least an averagely rolled one out of them. I was not waiting 30+ hours for an item to drop only for nearly everything to roll near the minimal range. Especially for stuff like Physical Resist or Attack Speed. I never get items with perfect rolls from the Stash, just about average so there is still a chance for a better rolled one to drop in the future.

2. Mythical relics and completion bonuses. Crafting multiple is simply not feasible. I recently crafted ONE Bane relic for like 600-700k Iron and tons of materials and the one I got had useless completion bonus for my build and absolutely garbage rolls. Am I gonna farm another 700k Iron? Hell no. I always craft one Relic legit and then GDStash one with at least average rolls and a completion bonus I want. I really believe that Relics should have static stats with no variation and we should be allowed to pick the completion bonus for them for like 100k Iron and 5 of each rare crafting mat.

3. Getting augments from factions I am not aligned with for the said character. Yes, I could be allied with one for Normal/Elite and then change it on Ultimate, but it is a pointless waste of time. GDStash gives the same result without having to arbitrarily farm rep and stock up on the augments before changing it up on the last difficulty. Removing the Soul Bound from them would help to do this legit but as it is now? Absolutely not. I always deduct the corresponding amount of Iron (the price of the Augments) from the character when I do this.

These 3 things greatly increase my enjoyment of the game.

4 Likes

I will put my expérience in Grim Dawn.

I have around 4000 hours , i really like GrimDawn.
What i dont like now about Grim Dawn and all the other type of grinding games. Is it take wayyyyyyyy too much time to collect sets items. In the end its not fun, and i think like most of us use programs like GDstash to really enjoy a class.
Cheers

I’d like to play at least every generic build and there are too many of those in Grim Dawn for me to do it in a legit way. After getting to know all of them I can decide which is my favorite and farm it without cheating.

Btw I’ve used +3 RoH +2 RoK Badge of Mastery in a build and checked what’s the probability of getting one - 1 out of 2916.

When I examine the game itself I see an unending streak of droprate buffs across multiple patches for the last few years straight.

3 Likes