[idea] Blade Barrier

Hi everyone
I want to speak about Blade Barrier:

• It looks like a true relic of the past in current state of the game
  • It seems pretty weird in comparison with Mark of Torment,Mirror of Ereoctes and Blastshield.
  • It doesn’t fit Nightblade thematically. Dynamic and adrenaline fight stops while the character freezes like a statue.
  • It doesn’t help players like it might have been.

Let’s make it more convenient for us and more appropriate for Nightblade by changing it like 50% damage absorption + X% movespeed penalty. The more points you invest - the less penalty and cooldown will be
Edit: we can make it a unique safe ability by changing like +50% dodge and deflect chance for X seconds

4 Likes

Not sure same Idea repeated twice will give an effect

1 Like

I disagree
Arcanist and Trozan got their buffs only after 5-6 threads from different people.

Repetition is key for success :smile:

Very often being immobilized by BB will create nasty situation for you. I will quote @Rhylthar “Blade barrier gives me 3 extra seconds to throw my mouse across the room”.

2 Likes

I agree.

If Zantai reads it, Blade Barrier is very underutilized skill. Even spending as much as 1 point there seems like too much. It doesn’t help in game and it doesn’t bode well with Nightblade’s dynamic combat thematically. I think damage absorbption is too much and will mirror (lol) other skills like this.

But something like 50% Dodge/Deflect at softcap and 75% at hard cap with maybe ~5-10% scaling adtch for 2-3 seconds can make this skill really interesting and dynamic addition to a lot of NB blades. It will also have a unique flavour, unlike all other circuit breakers.

2 Likes

My 6 cents…

Why this picture?
Blade Barrier has a unique animation while immobilized (I kind of like it) and I could understand if Crate wants to keep it.

Active or passive?
Well, I like it as a real “Oh-Shit-Button”. If there were a certain treshold (50/30 %), you could perhaps bindsome devotion skills on it (e. g. Wayward Soul)…but as I said…“Oh-Shit-Button”).

I have no problem to be immobilized. The problem starts after that because the situation hasn´t changed much. In “good ol´ times” Blade Barrier had Damage Reflected (iirc) and even some Hard Hitters killed themselves because of that. Now, the Physical Retaliation…if it is there or not…doesn´t really matter (imho).

So, I would like to have a kind of Displacement after the 3 seconds (like the Rune). This would change the situation and because of the long CD, it´s not gamebreaker. Oh Shit!–>Blade Barrier–>Displacement–> Game on.

A bit meh :roll_eyes:
Better make Barrier at least works at 1% of HP helping you to avoid death

@Zantai, what do you think on this? May we have some decent defensive skill for NB?
Obviously it won’t speed up Nightblade’s builds in Cruci, but can help very much players in SR

As I said, I like it more as an active button, not just a passive working on a treshold. And at 1 %…well, I will die anyway if I hit a reflective mob (outside SR) again. :laughing:

Displacement would fit into my theme of a high mobility assassin. Make a smoke FX…perfect. :wink:

I imagine he thinks he doesn’t need to be @'d in threads he’s going to read anyways.

If blade barrier simply didn’t exist would people be complaining universally about nightblade durability?

Probably not because I’d wager Blade Barrier simply doesn’t exist in most people’s builds.

Dodge, fumble, double dose of da, CC res, a bit of ele and pierce res, and broadly applicable phys res.

Meanwhile there’s lonely necromancer :man_shrugging:

Classical 1-Pointer for some situations.

Doesn’t help when Grava and Korvaak are gnawing on you in SR.

I don’t know, i actually kinda like the Blade Barrier for the exact reason to take out some pace(also i disagree with the argument of not fitting thematically). It’s an “Catch a Breath” Skill if you play this agile and fast Nightblade, to gather your energy before you fight again. I’m not particular against your idea, but i’d rather have this as an optional skill-changer or via Item, instead of taking away the concept of the Skill entirely.

3s to let cooldowns finish, guarantees shadow strike will be up to jump in most situations. If there was one thing I’d ask for it would be more healing to ensure you exit blade barrier mostly/fully topped off

In previous patches, now don’t have info, Grava can strip your Blade Barrier :sweat_smile:

I think the mechanic of that skill is outdated, part of the group like old mines or Abomination on death proc. Just rarely utilized skill, useless in most situations.