[Idea] Can Pierce/Physical/Bleeding caster off-hands have Cunning requirment instead of Spirit one?

That’s one devotion that is almost never used by Pierce/Physical/Bleeding builds. Rather add it to Assassin’s Blade or Azraaka. And make it 20-25%. But I still think that seeing a Physical off-hand with Cunning requirment is kind of cool and thematic.

I am playing Inashkor physical Witchblade. I have 724 or so spirit requirement, physique requirements for the heavy armor and I need cunning for damage. Even then my skills are gimped by the armor, so build is little bit frustrating, so +1 to the idea. And I should vote before am busted :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Voted no after all cause you are just fishing for stuff now :stuck_out_tongue: But you get the point

1 Like

I deleted my post because it was already mentioned earlier:

Unfortunately those two devotions are meh as well.

Assassin’s Blade seems too low level for this bonus and it doesn’t really support bleeding. Azraaka is OK but it doesn’t support bleeding. So actually IDK.

The point is that people that are voting “no” don’t care about those items or the builds meant for them. What’s the point of having 720 Spirit requirment on a physical Pyromancer for example? Or physical Witchblade caster?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPEnOJN

This is an example of a physical caster build. You can put 2 and 2 together.

dont be set on barb pants… craft for % physique bonuses https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkPvOd2
more OA, more DA, more stacking rr + flat rr from devo, a big chunk more armor

ah, build advice again! And it’s not even my build, lol. You’ve lost about ~100% physical damage with that setup, my friend, and OA/DA are still very low. Why not give this build 720 Cunning to equip an off-hand? Will it suddenly become op?

Voted no for the following reasons:

1. As @banana_peel said, offhands are supposed to be for smart people, not for quick people.

2. As with most of your other feedback posts, this looks like it stems from frustration of not being able to make a decent build out of a fringe concept. This again gives me the feeling of you wanting everything to be cookie cutters that work using the mad_lee formula of building.

3. You’re trying to discredit people who voted no in a thread that’s supposed to be a poll to learn how people feel. It’s pretty obvious you’re doing this to sway more people towards the yes side but really it’s not pretty to look at. To me it just makes your suggestions lose ground no matter how the voting goes.

4. (And probably the most valid point of all) i quite liked @Boromonokli suggestion on giving some shields relevant stats for pierce casters (and buffing phys ones) to be more competitive with offhands. Solves both the cunning problem and the viability problem and the inly thing you’ll worry about is not holding some monster’s head.

3 Likes

I am willing to sell my vote for the right price :3

I’ll free 3 birbs I have captive for a no

1 Like

Bird captivators? You’ll willing to negotiate with terrorists? :smile:

2 Likes

You do everything for the ones you love the most

1 Like

1 Like

Me voting “yes” to a mad_lee poll? What bloody year is it?!

As @Dmt showed, there is no engine limitation. In Cornucopia, we outright removed all attribute requirements from all items for a very similar reason to this, namely in that there is not much “fun” granted to players by arbitrary limitation in build design. It was one of our most popular changes.

1. Which is ironic, as by a literal definition, “Cunning” would imply a greater degree of smarts than “Spirit” would.
  2. There is nothing inherently wrong with making a suggestion based on frustration with the way things are. That’s why the feedback forum exists to begin with.
  3. Well, nothing to be said here. I don’t think it justifies a “no” vote just to spite ML’s attitude, but I can’t say you’re seeing things the wrong way.
  4. This solution does, however, create other tangential issues further down the line, namely in weapon requirements. Perhaps a given proc or Devotion constellation requires an offhand over a shield. That’s a larger change to consider than simply reworking attribute requirements. (Physical AAR says hello!)
7 Likes

I haven’t seen more no votes! You have 3 hours! If you haven’t cast the vote by then say goodbye to your little birdies!

1. Yeah that crossed my mind when I posted but it doesn’t change the fact that spirit is the int equivalent for this game :stuck_out_tongue:

2. You’re not wrong, but these kinds of feedback always end up going towards the third point especially if it’s something where public opinion isn’t unanimous, like this thread.

3. People who are leaning towards yes won’t see a problem towards that attitude. If you’re on the opposite end if never feels good when the rebuttal to your statements are just “you don’t care enough about these items and the builds they make” instead of straight up facts. But hey, he’s free to continue that and I’ll predict it’ll go down the usual “Zantai doesn’t know how to play his own game” route which then gets this thread locked.

4. As for devo procs - the only one with offhand requirement is lantern, which is far away from most phys/pierce routes. Shieldmaiden with shields is more fitting for both. And it’s not like spellscourge doesn’t exist that there’s no precedent of skills working outside their intended weapon requirements.

B…but… I had already voted “No” and I have forgotten the credentials to my alt account @NotMaya :scream:

Time for new profile then. Called it “YesMaya” and vote “no”.

But I suggest to vote yes and save Inashkor from extinction. Then maybe Z will add pets stats to it and you can use the +1 to Occultist bonus :wink:

1 Like

Cunning req changed to Spirit on Witching Hour instead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No, ask for better bribe!!!

1 Like