[idea] flexible view & thank you

Hi,

after 1000 hours of playing POE at the end I found Grim Dawn, a game which makes me feel to be right back “home” like in the earlier days when I used to steer my necromancer company through the town in Diablo2… thank you all, the backpacker & the devs, after 20 years an old new legend arises again.

Idea: e.g. it is amazing now changing the view like you want. But what about fps-style view, is this possible? The maps look so interesting and beautiful and at some point I am thinking “well, if I could - now - look through the eyes of my char…” this would be quiet awesome but I don t know if the engine is capable of doing that? In houses at fps-view the engine should reduce transparent walls etc and the sight of view should be reduced to its level of maximized viewing in the standard view, so there is no advantage but just you can benefit of beautiful sights - making lovely screenshots etc - and therefore, honestly, this would be interesting.

kind regards

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I believe there was a mod that used to do this called GrimCam, but it’s not been updated for a while now.

I think recently a similar feature might have been added to the Grim Internals tool so have a look at that to see if that’s right.

Hi,
thank you for the link - Grim Internal looks very interesting indeed.

I hope crate will integrate this little funny feature just to scroll via mouse directly in to fps view - if they will not implement it, I will stay vanilla, it is not a real big deal to me. I want to collect my hard earned steam achievements.

I was astonished when I saw first time the integrated big loot filter, this is made so nice. Therefore I am hoping for another advanced integrated view tech from the devs themselves. :smile:

Anyways thank you for the information!!

I can tell you that the odds of this happening are almost virtually nonexistent. Don’t hold your breath.

GrimInternals and mods in general do not affect your Steam achievements as far as Grim Dawn is concerned. Crate has zero interest in penalizing anyone for modding their game… in fact they encourage it.

GrimInternals does not perform GrimCams functionality unless you download and install GrimCam to GD’s installation folder. GrimCam no longer works on its own - meaning GrimInternals is required for it to function. GrimCam can be downloaded here…

As Medea and Powbam mentioned, it is possible with GrimCam. But the engine isn’t made for that kind of view. There is no sky, and the view is cut off at a certain distance. You can extend the distance via GrimCam.ini but it’s gonna lower your FPS and lead to stuttering when moving around. Moving and attacking properly is nearly impossible when using mouse&keyboard (might be easier with gamepad though). Also the camera is not centered on the head of your character but in the midsection, afaik there’s no way to change it.

Here’s what it looks like

edit: if you just wanna use GrimCam to make screenshots of your character or details of the world without getting the black sky or cut-off landscape into the view, here are my recommended GrimCam.ini settings:

[Settings]
MinPitch = 21
MaxPitch = 55
FOV = 60
FarClip = 250
HSensitivity = 0.25
VSensitivity = 0.25
MinDistance = 9
MaxDistance = 50
DepthFogClamp = 0
Key = 0x04
EnableFog = 0

That’s what I’m using to make screenshots like these.
Note: the EnableFog setting is overriden by GrimInternals

cool, thank you for these pictures. There are so many features in Grim Dawn - I am afraid now, I will spent a lot of time in this game… ;-]

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.